AFK Survivors

Seeing several posts about AFK Killers and I feel it must be noted that I have been running into AFK or "hook me plz" survivors. As one of likely a dying breed of killer mains who goes out of their way to not camp or tunnel I am rather curious about it.

I am starting to fold a tin foil hat and think we have bots trying to prop up the falling numbers of players, but who knows, lol.

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I mean, BHVR could literally just fill empty matches up with bots if they genuinely wanted to prop numbers up, I don't get why you'd think they'd go through the trouble of adding bots to public matches to increase numbers, lol.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164
    edited April 2022

Why would you go through the trouble to put bots into the game only to have them AFK or try to Suicide on Hook? If anything, that's going to make their survivor base even more unhappy as a 3v1 scenario right away is virtually unwinnable for the vast majority of players no matter how good they are (and hell, probably make the killer base unhappy too because many killers find themselves damned if they do damned if they don't in that situation).

I imagine it's the same reason why you see AFK Killers; they want to derank and have determined that ruining the game for four players is worth them being able to go against weaker opponents.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Beyond that, people actually want a bot mode. So if they went through all the effort to construct AI that are playable in-game, it would be pretty strange to not give people the option go participate in a highly requested mode.

Albeit, there are definitely bots in the game. But Behavior didn't design them.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Yeah I've seen it too.

Probably people trying to artificially deflate their MMR.

It's annoying, but what can you do? Smurfers gonna smurf.

That said, I think that tinfoil hat might be on a little tight :)

• HisLilGuppy
    HisLilGuppy Applicant, Member Posts: 23

Honestly when I got afk it's because I have a 6 year old gremlin running around lol so. It'd be nice to have bots.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,858

Nice