PETITION TO FIX SELF CARE

I play survivor and killer equally,

The solution to self care isn't to code in some weird sitting mechanic, it's so simple it hurts.

Up the time required by a factor of 2 or 3.

If we're talking about a wound so vicious you're HALFWAY DEAD, the ability to bring yourself back from the brink of death so fast is absolutely ludicrous.

Ask yourself as a survivor, if you rely on self care would doubling or tripling the time required make you stop using it?

I doubt it.

Comments

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Just gen rush and let your adrenaline heal you, smh
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    With the healing changes and sloppy butcher buff, perks like DS are much more problematic to the balance of the game than selfcare.  
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@JanTheMan said:

That shows you how absurd gen speed is :wink:

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,068

@Master said:

@JanTheMan said:

Nah, it just shows that people do not even think a little bit further. The OP wants to nerf a Perk which is completely fine, without seeing the consequences.

If Self Care gets nerfed like that (32 seconds is already really long) so that it gets doubled or even trippled... There will probably be either more DS-Users, or more Resilience-Users. And I doubt that this is what the OP wants.
    Nobody will use Self-Care when healing for at least 1 Minute.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Thread should be in balance feedback. As for the suggestion, I feel it is poorly thought out.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Self care is totally fine. What's overpowered about it? It definitely doesn't need a nerf at all.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    JanTheMan said:
    This is what I do. Combine it with Iron Will and an Exhaustion perk, and you’re golden.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

@JanTheMan said:

No it just shows that killers got what they wanted and are now complaining about the outcome of said getting what they wanted. So now instead of wasting time healing some survivors just gen rush the heck out of the killer and run other perks.

In other words they ADAPTED to the change and instead of killers doing the same they just pile on more stuff further exacerbating the change they clamored for.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

SC sucks.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Master said:

@JanTheMan said:

No it just shows that killers got what they wanted and are now complaining about the outcome of said getting what they wanted. So now instead of wasting time healing some survivors just gen rush the heck out of the killer and run other perks.

In other words they ADAPTED to the change and instead of killers doing the same they just pile on more stuff further exacerbating the change they clamored for.

Exactly this ^
    I remember that there were quite a few threads about nerfing SC some months ago and look how it turned out.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I used to equip SC on a regular basis but since the latest increase in healing time I use other perks a lot more often to be more efficient.

@Dastard said:
    Ask yourself as a survivor, if you rely on self care would doubling or tripling the time required make you stop using it?

Absolutely. Nearly nobody would play that version of SC anymore.

You don't want to increase healing time more, survivors would just focus on getting gens done.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

@Dastard said:

I never use self care, after the nerf that is. I only ever used it in the very beginning when learning the game. Takes way to long, I'd rather do a different build where I can get my heals in other ways.

One method I've been using a lot lately is running Pharmacy, coupled with Ace in the hole. Guarantees you a green medkid with one or two add ons. If you want to you can run Plunderers instinct as well and just open all the chests and give them to fellow survivors.

An extremely fun build, to be honest.

Other then that, you can use bond or even a key with survivor tracking. Using adrenaline with iron will and just skip healing all together.

Only reason it is used so much is because of how easy it is to utilize the perk. If you can't get gens done adrenaline wont pop and it's a wasted slot. This is not the case with selfcare, but it still takes way to long for it to be anything other than mediocre at best.