Make event skins only obtainable throughout the according event!

Proxi
Proxi Member Posts: 62

So my suggestion is that the DBD-devs should make it so event skins will only be obtainable throughout the according event each year!
What I noticed is a trend that event skins will appear in the shop as well as being obtainable through gameplay so why don't make them more exclusive by only unlocking them during that event period?
This means that for example the Halloween skins (last event) will disappear from the shop for a year but then reappear on next years event.
Having halloween, christmas or soon lunar new year themed skins in the shop over the whole year just doesn't seem right and as I said reduces the "exclusiveness" of your hard earned skin, if a new player can just pop in and buy whatever event skin he wants.
For the devs this would mean that they had to make these events on a regular basis each year OR at least unlock these skins during the according time period if for some reason no event happens. You could also add the older skins (e.g. last years lunar new year/halloween etc.) so people can pick these up if they missed an event.
Anyway just an idea I always have to think of when I see these event announcements (just watched that dbd dev stream). Btw a lot of games are running this strategy (one for example is Blizzards Overwatch) and it seems to work out fairly well.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    I actually like the "buy buy if you missed playing during the event IF YOU WANT" option. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Nah. You should be able to buy ALL the event stuff in the shop with real money. However I think there should be a grace period where you can only get it from the event, and they aren't available for money purchase for something like a month after.

I would spend money on Huntress's wolf mask if I could. The game was in awful condition back then and would crash regularly. Made it near impossible to get any killer games done. I only got David's jacket because it was so much faster to play survivor games that the crashing didn't matter as much.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Why does other people having the same thing bother you? If you like the cosmetics you have shouldn't that be enough to please you?

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

Nah. You should be able to buy ALL the event stuff in the shop with real money. However I think there should be a grace period where you can only get it from the event, and they aren't available for money purchase for something like a month after.

I would spend money on Huntress's wolf mask if I could. The game was in awful condition back then and would crash regularly. Made it near impossible to get any killer games done. I only got David's jacket because it was so much faster to play survivor games that the crashing didn't matter as much.

I remember playing back in the Howling Grounds. I remember the event was extended because of crashing. I never experienced any crashes though, I was able to get both cosmetics.

I wish there were in the store now though. I feel bad for those who don’t have it. It’s not fair for people to not have something just because they were a little late. That, and if I ever switch accounts, or something happens to mine, I’d like to be able to use those cosmetics again.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Why does other people having the same thing bother you? If you like the cosmetics you have shouldn't that be enough to please you?

They dont like the fact that a new player can hop on and buy it ----> no grind/work needed to get it and I feel the same way.... It just ruins the satisfaction of achieving a goal 
  • micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

I have to reluctantly agree with this, having cosmetics be season locked makes them feel way more worth it...even though I like that I can buy the ones that I wasn't here for, I started in Oktober 2018 so there is probably something that I already bought that was from an event without even knowing it.

Bhvr even gives you the option to grind them out and not spend a dime, which is cool. As someone who hasn't been here for years like I know many of you have, I'm torn between both sides of this argument.

I just really wish they brought back the legacy skins, and added one for everyone. I want a Feng Min legacy skin :(

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited January 2019

@MojoTheFabulous said:

It is comparable to sports events that people can take part in.
    They participate, they achieve good results, they get trophies.
    But...
    That little Billy kid can just toss out 5$ and get the "The Champion of The Event" trophy you just got by pulling your guts off, rendering said trophies worthless piece of crap.

Event stuff should stay locked to the event.
    Don't have time to get it?
    Well, that sucks, deal with it, we all (most of us at least) have real life too, which consists of work, dealing with kids and wife.

Hell, I would even consider it to be buyable "participation rewards" that are being rewarded in the western countries to not make someone (mostly kids) feel bad when they lose, but make everyone a "winner", which in turn makes said rewards worthless pieces of junk, as I have said already... .

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@PureHostility said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

But...
    That little Billy kid can just toss out 5$ and get the "The Champion of The Event" trophy you just got by pulling your guts off, rendering said trophies worthless piece of crap.

Well, that sucks, deal with it, we all (most of us at least) have real life too, which consists of work, dealing with kids and wife.

Hell, I would even consider it to be buyable "participation rewards" that are being rewarded in the western countries to not make someone (mostly kids) feel bad when they lose, but make everyone a "winner", which in turn makes said rewards worthless pieces of junk, as I have said already... .

I feel like it's better to please the majority though.

• DavidKing
    DavidKing Member Posts: 21
    I agree with op. Participation trophies are for pussies. 
  • PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited January 2019

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@PureHostility said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

But...

I feel like it's better to please the majority though.

Honestly, it's not really pleasing majority.
    It's more like an option to cash in additional funds, it is purely businesses thingy, same with SWF being a cash cow beside it being extremely unhealthy for the game balance (lack of any balancing between SWF and solo).

• Proxi

why does this threat only have 9 comments now? I remember myself having a discussion with some other members last night... Do mods delete comments? And if yes why?

• Proxi
    edited January 2019

@Proxi said:
    why does this threat only have 9 comments now? I remember myself having a discussion with some other members last night... Do mods delete comments? And if yes why?

well I somehow postet this threat twice seems like.. rip.. no idea how! If a mod sees this you can close it, I can't figure out how to do it lol..

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Proxi said:

I was wondering that too.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@KillerRaccoon said:
    thesuicidefox said:

I remember playing back in the Howling Grounds. I remember the event was extended because of crashing. I never experienced any crashes though, I was able to get both cosmetics.

I wish there were in the store now though. I feel bad for those who don’t have it. It’s not fair for people to not have something just because they were a little late. That, and if I ever switch accounts, or something happens to mine, I’d like to be able to use those cosmetics again.

wish more think like you I mean if I was playing back then I wouldn't care if they were in the store either.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@thesuicidefox said:

I just want them to restore my lost Legacy already. People are still hacking it for themselves. Not sure what's keeping BHVR from giving it back to those who lost it