So console players who get hackers are just supposed to deal with it?

I remember one of the moderators saying reporting a hacker does nothing UNLESS You're able to provide video evidence and such. Thankfully (this time) I have video proof but what do you do if youre a console player who can't always have their phone ready to record clips? Since I'm using my xbox account my report is just discarded unless I open up an official support ticket and somehow track down this one specific person named DOLL? But if I don't have a PC or a perfect recording of their outward hacks I'm just what? Screwed? This is partially a rant because I keep getting hackers at least once a day now and mostly while I'm on my Xbox account as I'm at a much higher MMR on that account but its getting extremely excessive.

Comments

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

When you report them on the endgame screen it's by clicking by their name on the endgame screen then you want to take the capture from the match and attach it along with a note, either way BHVR can review the game but the video evidence helps that process go faster when it's narrowed

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Yeah you do that but you also need to email support about the issue and include a video which most console players can't do due to lack of recording software. You can 'clip' it but only if you do it right then and there and within a 30 second (On xbox) time window.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Screw console players is what I say, who cares about us

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 182

On PlayStation, you just hit the SHARE button, and it can record up to an hour of recent gameplay. Does Xbox not have a similar feature?

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Oh wow only 30 sec? Im a PC player but also play on playstation occasionally, on ps4 you can adjust the settings to capture a longer video I think like the last 30 mins or something, you sure Xbox doesnt have a setting you can adjust to make that longer?

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

You can but its kinda messy. IE takes forever and clogs up your cloud storage + idk if this is a thing now but I remember a couple years back sometimes they wouldn't upload when it was over a minute. Not to mention how difficult it can be to actually transfer the file over to your computer. Idk if its more streamlined now but for me since my cloud storage is full its just overall a very loooong and tedious process that most players won't or literally can't do.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

You can do the same on xbox as well up to 1 minute or 3 minutes max depending on the resolution

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Xbox has a few ways to capture. Most people set an automatic capture to 30 secs, however in a quick couple clicks you can record up to 5 minutes. There is also an option to just start recording but I never use that function so I would have to throw the game just to find it (I'm sure it's right under my nose but I rarely record full matches) I just use the 5 minutes capture especially if I caught the hacker but reporting from console is absolutely awful....

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Right now there are live twitch streams with bots playing.

I am watching a survivor with instant CoH, instant heals, teleporting, endless flashlight, all perks.... can drop a pallet and pick it back up before killer even comes out of the stun, unlimited unbreakable, watched him Deadhard 5 times around shack until killer gave up and went afk.

• EdenGarden
    EdenGarden Member Posts: 22

Honestly dont even bother making your life complicated. It's useless, we just have to deal with hackers because the devs or mods will never answer to us!

A few weeks ago, I had a hacker in my game when I was playing killer. I uploaded the whoooole match on youtube so I could provide the support team with a link. I even recorded the end game board and I also reported in game. It's been a month now and I haven't received a response. I sent 3 tickets regarding this matter and no one is answering.

I tested out another situation where I would send a random ticket regarding "loss of progress" in the game, and that's when they immediately answered me. AND ONCE, I forwarded them again with my hacker situation, they stopped answering!!! It's just pathetic at this point

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

notice that they don't allow clip recording on nintendo switch, suposedly for performance, but that patch didn't do anything