Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The survivor rulebook (I really can't anymore)

Seriously... I can't even fathom.

1.) No looping

2.) No camping

3.) Stop breaking pallets

4.) No proxying

5.) Stop snuffing my boon

6.) Why did you ignore my flashlight?

7.) Why did you bring Franklins? I lost my flashlight!

8.) She was injured and you hooked her!

9.) You can't down me at the gate!

10.) You can't do anything! But we can stand here clicking and teabagging!

I've gotten so many salty and nasty messages this past week... some even threatening all because I'm getting 3 or 4k's with SWF's. Just had two RPD matches with Bubba and because I used Insidious to stop people from setting totems (Shadow Step) that makes me a horrible killer. Go figure!

Comments

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

That's there "rule book" you can't play the game and if you do they'll whine and complain. It's very fun to break the "rule book" since it's blah blah blah no camping, tunneling, slugging, bringing a perk, etc blah blah blah

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474

don't forget you aren't allowed to use any effective strategies, perks, killers, or addons

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Every time I run a loop without a survivor present to guide me for more than a minute they come up to check and see if I'm okay.

Really though those boons take a while to set up and I brought that item because I wanted to use it. It makes me feel safe and I'm emotionally attached to it.

(Franklin's backfires on me a lot btw, I've lost my flashlight to a Franklin's user in chase and had another survivor come behind me and use my flashlight to save me after I go down. I didn't get that flashlight back but it's still out there somewhere.)

• xBlitzAce1989x
    xBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 336

It's insane! I never understood when I was a survivor main. Now I see how killers have it. No matter what you do, as the killer, you are always wrong. I finally caught a survivor that kept setting a totem and she sent a slew of nasty messages talking about my lack of skill. Like seriously... just say GG and take the L.

• xBlitzAce1989x

Apparently according to the saltiness, "Insidious Bubba is reportable! How dare you take my fun away!" Like bi*ch please... you looped me and lost me with Shadow Step how many times? And If I know your teammates are nearby, why would I leave?

• xBlitzAce1989x

Yeah Franklins is a double-edged sword. I prefer Lightborn just to save myself some headaches. I had a squad that just kept flashing me all game even after they saw it wasn't working.

• xBlitzAce1989x

So it does/ doesn't exist and the whining has gotten to me? Bro...

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

They tell you to follow the survivor rulebook, but always forget the killer rulebook

First rule is: ignore the survivor rulebook

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

Exactly most Survivor mains just assume the Killers are bad when they do something that's "not fun" for them but, in general that's not the case if you wanna play a specific way you play how you wanna play. It never makes sense why Survivors could do anything that helps there objective and escape more easier it's they'll say well it's are objective and than for killer it'll be so is Tunneling and camping not helping with my objective?

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

I've had an angry Survivor get on my case for using Devour Hope, calling it "boring and unskilled"

Devour Hope. Don't listen to Survivors

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

Survivors are bad people

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

As a killer what does reading their complaints do but fuel your Dark side rage.. Read it and just laugh at them

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

1) Said no one ever.

2) Well, it is boring.

3) Again said no one ever.

4) It's annoying.

5) Why did you break my hex? Cause I can.

6) Because you're an obnoxious toddler.

7) Yeah, kinda the point of the perk.

8.) Kinda my job to hook people.

9) Yet, I did. Should have left.

10) For a third time, said no one ever.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

We, as a species, need to learn that survivor mains and killer mains are all simply people, and we all love DBD. We are basically the same. Sure, some of us like to twerk, others enjoy nodding, sometimes we click, sometimes be leave people to bleed on the ground... But is that not the human experience? I do not want to live in a world where we can't beat people on hook or point at one another when we slam pallets into their skulls. We should show love and compassion to are friends regardless of their preferences.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

I think no one ever really did.

But it is still often dumbfounding what some people expect from the other side, on both sides.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Yes, yes, we all hate each other. No one is happy. Survivors have a rulebook for killers. Killers have a rulebook for survivors. And survivors have a rulebook for other survivors.

In a lobby full of randoms, no matter who you're playing as, the other four people in the match think you're doing it wrong.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Ah again those urban legends. But as long as your killer fun is superior to the survivor fun its fine, right?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Don't forget the trapper cannot use his traps :p

"I will uninstall game now"

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106

All I could think of while reading this was Jasper from The Simpsons.....

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

This is why players need to play both sides, and play them often. I am sensitive to the opposition when I play.

‘As survivor, I do not teabag at the exit (unless you tried your hardest to facecamp and/or tunnel me out), teabag at pallets, click flashlights obnoxiously, or send hate mail post game. I will unlock chests & do totems- and not solely focus on gens. When the team has clearly won and we are all at the same exit gate, i immediately leave.

As killer I do not camp, tunnel, hit survivors on hook, nod my head at hooked, shake my head after a down, ring wraith’s bell obnoxiously, or send hate mail post game.

For me, it’s not even about unwritten rules- but more about “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” It’s not a good feeling when you get found first then placed on a hook and facecamped out the game. Your time was wasted. You had 0 fun because someone else just wanted to “win.” They don’t owe you anything and they too paid for the game, but it’s still a jerk move. Me personally, I don’t get satisfaction doing that to others. Besides, just standing there while they die on hook is boring. A 4K feels waaay more fun and better when you beat the team straight up. They can’t say jack sh** to you. It’s not a good feeling having some asshats follow you clicking their damn flashlight every 5 seconds while you’re chasing someone else. If I didn’t turn around to chase you, then obviously I’m not interested. I don’t care about your big ego wanting to be chased, because you’re the best looper. I’m not falling for it, and you keep clicking that damn thing tells me now you just want to be annoying. Same goes for waiting at the exit- you guys won, now LEAVE. I’m not going over there for you to teabag in my face. Now I have to wait till the last second of EGC for the game to be over. Smh.

‘Just have some videogame common courtesy people, and treat others how you want to be treated. Play both sides. Stop being an ignorant one trick pony.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    edited April 2022

I still do but I’m on the verge of quitting. There’s no point in me staying because I’ve already quit the game:

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Same here, i’ve about had it. I used to love coming on these forums but this community makes me sick sometimes.

• GannTM

I find it hard to believe I have over 8000 posts at this place.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I feel that. Also GeneralV left us and it’s not the same without him.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Just make a killer rulebook and say thing based on it.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

It's like that for everyone playing DbD. You know, this kind of toxic relation you know you have to take some distance from, but you keep coming back for more

• GannTM

Yeah it really isn’t the same without him. I do have in on contact on Discord and he’s doing well.

• GannTM

True. I’ve tried leaving this place many times but just can’t.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419

The same people in here saying that this never existed are the same people that regularly complain out loud or in chat about the same bullet points listed.... On the same forums they claim it doesn't exist lies threads complaining about the same bullet points listed... Its annoying but I would agree with them only about ignoring it or not paying attention to it so that's the only thing people above got right. Anybody else claiming it isn't a part of DBD's culture though is delusional or hasn't really been around the community for a long enough time.

I've had other twitch afilliates visit my stream to complain about a perk that's supposedly unskilled or OP when they're just average middle of the pack non-meta perks, people regularly complain or insult others about stuff that happens in a match that wasn't even the Killer's fault (like when a teammate sandbags and you capitalize off of it). I've even had a fog whisperer I won't name cursing out of character and salty towards me when I went to donate bits and say GG in their chat because I defended my hook on them at the end of a brutal game against their SWF with a red forest offering.

Didn't slice them on the hook or shake my head or facecamp or tunnel and I had green perks on a level 30 prestiged Pinhead (I had to check the screenshot again to confirm lol, that was now 7 months ago).. I simply played defense against a meta stacking Twitch SWF and got criticized by the popular person who won't be named that was stacking the deck in their favor and still died. I intentionally didn't tunnel them in scenarios where I saw them injured and let them go and I played perfectly fair on a character I still wasn't even that good at compared to my mains... Didn't even say a GG back or thank me for donating, just acknowledged me in a very passive-aggressive and bitter way while cursing/ complaining about me killing them at the end and telling me about my 'mistakes' and how I 'need to play better' despite nobody asking.

The delusion/hypocrisy/entitlement is real in DBD and that's why I play very casually now and don't even stream it constantly like I did before. When I do actually play now though I completely ignore these weirdos and I make it fun for myself by doing whatever I want and never apologizing for it or making artificial challenges for myself like win streaks without perks etc. Nobody is responsible for my fun with the game except for me and that's what I focus on, F anybody else respectfully

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
  • deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Yeah I agree we gotta get at least one game together tho