We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Where are all the console killers at?

EntitySpawn
EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Seriously I hardly ever see a console killer, I dont know what it is but nearly every killer is on PC

I feel I only really see console survivors and even then the majority seem to be PC

I'm sure I'm an outlier again in this matter but I just find it weird. (Btw I'm not saying I never see console players, just really rare like seeing certain killers)

Comments

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I play a lot of killer on console. There are a lot of frustrating aspects to it (I have less issues on my PS5 than other people I know on their PS4's), but I still find myself having fun. Playing certain killers -- Blight, Trickster, Nurse to name a few -- feels like it's a lot harder than it would be if I were on a PC with M&K, and getting spun by PC players is something I'll never get 100% past, but overall I do pretty well.

When I play survivor, I don't see many console killers either -- it seems like it's always someone on PC.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

overall i think console on current gen console aint bad. your average killer like nemmy and legion do just fine.

what blows are the controller settings and lack of adjustments. Trickster is literally impossible.

Nurse and Spirit get NTRd so hard by the auto aim or aim dressing or whatever its called. For some ungodly reason, your killer will have a spasm and attack around the survivor, making you whiff completely.

Wish I could do the moves that PC Onis could, though. You can always tell when you're against a PC Oni

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

The lack of controller settings is such a huge issue I don't think most MnK players realise. On controller you can't customise:

• Joystick deadzones which is how much you have to push the joystick in order to make the character move or look around. This game has strict deadzones which makes console player's camera movement look incredibly choppy instead of smooth like MnK. This is also one of the sole reasons aiming killers are so hard to play - especially trickster.
    • Trigger deadzones which is basically just joystick deadzones but for the left and right triggers. Not as big of an issue as joystick DZs but something that should be customisable anyway.
    • (As you mentioned) The sensitivity is too low even on 100% for rapid movement killers like blight and nurse. The sensitivity should go up to double what it is now.

As for other issues:

• While blight and nurse are hit hard by the inability to flick, they both don't compare to how badly hit console Oni is compared to PC oni. Oni needs the flick and he just doesn't have it on console.
    • Certain aiming killers being designed in an anti-console way. Mainly looking at trickster who is absurdly difficult on console because of:
    • 2 firing points
    • Randomised (and in turn being uncontrollable) recoil
    • Long throw delay (the time between pressing the throw button and the knife actually taking flight)
    • + pretty much everything else that makes trickster harder to aim including the 2 firing points moving inwards over time, the slight movement slowdown to make strafing harder over time, and once again the terrible joystick deadzones. I don't mind him being difficult, but the fact that he has SO MUCH to make a console players life harder I just don't understand.
    • Now that im typing this it just sounds like a trickster rant.
  • Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 724

Disagree on the Oni thing. You can absolutely flick 90 degrees with Oni on console.

• SimpingPapaya
    SimpingPapaya Member Posts: 28

I’m a Trickster main that plays on PS4 :,)

• fcb
    fcb Member Posts: 158

I stopped playing two months ago. I got a new console (Series X), and Series X players can't play against XBOX players because they are different systems according to the DEVs. I have crossplay off because there are too many cheaters.

• jarjargist21
    jarjargist21 Member Posts: 444
    edited April 2022

I'm a blight main on console. I turn off cross play sometime specially if I went up against a hacker. Simply because of the hacker problem the game has. Playing killer is very stressful and not fun and I like playing games that I actually enjoy like Skyrim, fallout and ect.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I'm here! Usually play Trapper, Piggy, or Clown!

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I usually see console killers in the morning time and then they dwindle away as the day goes on, my guess would be their friends get online and they decide to swf.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

Since I was low ranked, I’d be down playing anybody but I think Ive climbed high enough to start facing the players who take every advantage of will give them. Time to turn mine off~

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I play killer or console and have no problems with it. Feels absolutely fine to play on console.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I'm on a break

PS4

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279

I'm on ps4 and I play alot with crossplay on.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,890

Huh? That doesn’t sound right. I play with Xbox One players on my Series X all the time, and we have crossplay on. We get PC, XB1, PS4, & PS5 Teammates/killers consistently.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,890

Ahhhh ok. I got confused by. I never knew that. Thnx.

• Chappy04
    Chappy04 Member Posts: 193

im still here playing every day, i play later on the night leading into the morning tho so i dont know if others do that too

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It did take me about 50 minutes to find a match with cross-platform off on series x

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yes, I very quickly decides that effort was no longer profitable

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Funnily enough, the Trickster buffs made him less accessible for console, I feel. I remember release Trickster being absolute dust, but I remember him being a little more functional for us.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

probably because of the framerate. perfomance just got worse lately

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,919
    edited April 2022

*Raises hand*

Right here. PS4 Mikey main.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,791

Pretty much retired my Amanda Panda these days on my Xbox1. The frame rate and optimization issues squeezed the joy out of the role long ago. MMR and my own iffy skill agrivated everything further.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Probably have cross play off.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Whats wrong with boil over on controller???

Keep seeing it but never had issues with it.

• LunarWendigo
    LunarWendigo Member Posts: 77

Hello! Killer main on console here ✌

To all the crossplay comments as well: I turned crossplay off once and the queue times were horrendous never did it again LOL.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 962

Artist and Pyramidhead console main here haha, i do fine in majority of my matches, still get spun a little bit though sometimes.

• JamnJelly
    JamnJelly Member Posts: 139

Playstation here. Mostly killer, and once I tried huntress and nemmy, I realized how bad the controls can really get 💀

• GreenKard
    GreenKard Member Posts: 3

Play on ps4 here, wish there was an option to have crossplay but just with other console users.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Out off all of those I can only really agree with the sensitivity part as that physically stops you doing certain things as specific killers or hitting some spins. Although I dont think most console users use max sensitivity as it is, at least I cant do high sensitivity anyway lol.

Cant agree with the rest though, maybe that's because I'm not as casual? I just find it odd I never really see them which is a shame as it's nice to drop people a gg or friendly message at times