Trapper is in desperate need of a rework

Options
Pizza
Pizza Member Posts: 10

His mechanics are very outdated, and pretty much useless at higher ranks. He needs a rework of his mechanics if he is to be viable again. What I would suggest is some basic things, like:

• let him be able to hold as many traps as he wants
  • Make him no longer have to gather traps from around the map, and give him a set amount at the start of the game
  • Slightly increase the amount of traps he has
  • Traps can no longer be sabotaged, but they can still be un-set by survivors
  • Change how his setting time works so it is no longer in two phases (one 3 seconds, and another 2 seconds) and instead make it one flat 5 second phase

I'd also suggest reworking some of his add-ons

• Tar Bottle / Logwood Dye doesn't make the traps darker and instead makes them slightly transparent, this will make them useful on maps like Lery's and The Game
  • Stitched Bag / Trapper Bag would give him more traps to use, since he would already be able to hold an unlimited amount of traps.

For the mascot of the game, Trapper is a very underwhelming killer. Please devs, make this dude as powerful as he should be, so that maybe he could actually have a chance at higher ranks.

Comments

• Pizza
    Pizza Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2018
    Options

Just watched the Q&A, never mind.

• AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
    Options

Trappy boi finally got some love.

• BaconMuncher9
    BaconMuncher9 Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I can't currently watch the Q&A, what happened to Trapper? Also someone said something about sabatour, What's up with that?
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

While I am happy with the rework, the Injured survivor will still be injured after getting trapped? Why?

Why can't they make them go down instead? It makes no sense. If they are already injured they really should go down

Also with the colouring addons? Why do they still exist? they needs to be removed. Trapper bag will be mandatory after the patch, didn't they said they want killers to be less relying on add-ons? Why can't the base trapper have +1 trap capacity?

The fact that he have 0 means getting trapper bag is 100% mandatory and will limits many play styles / fun factor. i don't want to be forced to use trapper bag all the time

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@BaconMuncher9 said:
    I can't currently watch the Q&A, what happened to Trapper? Also someone said something about sabatour, What's up with that?

• Trap setting is now faster
    • All bag add-ins buffed to hold more with a brown version added
    • Diamond Stone now downs you only if you free yourself
    • Added a second ultra-rare add-in, Grisly Coil. Traps that are disarmed or sabotaged injure the survivor. If I recall, this one will also arm a random disarmed trap in the world every 20 seconds.
    • Sabotaged Traps will now auto-repair after 3 minutes, just like hooks
    • various changes to other addins to group them in a manner that makes better sense.

may be more, but that's what I can recall

• AnIntellectualClone
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Someissues said:
    While I am happy with the rework, the Injured survivor will still be injured after getting trapped? Why?

Why can't they make them go down instead? It makes no sense. If they are already injured they really should go down

Also with the colouring addons? Why do they still exist? they needs to be removed. Trapper bag will be mandatory after the patch, didn't they said they want killers to be less relying on add-ons? Why can't the base trapper have +1 trap capacity?

The fact that he have 0 means getting trapper bag is 100% mandatory and will limits many play styles / fun factor. i don't want to be forced to use trapper bag all the time

I think the devs did say they would see if they can make survivors get downed if trapped when injured.

• AnIntellectualClone
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:

@BaconMuncher9 said:

• Trap setting is now faster
    • All bag add-ins buffed to hold more with a brown version added
    • Diamond Stone now downs you only if you free yourself
    • Added a second ultra-rare add-in, Grisly Coil. Traps that are disarmed or sabotaged injure the survivor. If I recall, this one will also arm a random disarmed trap in the world every 20 seconds.
    • Sabotaged Traps will now auto-repair after 3 minutes, just like hooks
    • various changes to other addins to group them in a manner that makes better sense.

may be more, but that's what I can recall

Actually, the honing stone has the instadown if you free yourself. The diamond stone will become the iridescent stone and make traps able to set themselves every 20 seconds. The "Grisly" coil is the Bloody coil, which will put survivors on injured state if they disarm or sabotage them,.