I miss Hawkins so much...

Options
Anara
Anara Member Posts: 1,297
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

You cant imagine..

It was one of my top 3 maps with Silent Hill and Raccoon City. Im so sad we cant play on it anymore.

Yesterday I watched a dbd YouTube video and one of the games was on Hawkins.

I knew I missed this map, but I forgot how this map was amazing. The atmosphere in this complex was very nice. It feels like we are in a real horror movie. Not only Stranger Thing, but Hawkins reminds me of Resident Evil at the end of the 2 in the laboratort of Umbrella Corporation, or the moon complex in Alien.

Hawkins fits so well in dbd. And when I see the latest map, in the desert, it feels like two different games.

If Hawkins cant get back in the game. I want more maps like Hawkins.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

I used to hate that map, but as I played it more and more I liked it more.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,323
    Options

Same - saw a video which played on Hawkins... :-(

We need some cool indoor maps - don´t matter what the others cry about.

Even if there are many maps in the game it feels a bit like you are always playing the same ones.

And yeah - please keep them dark. I hope when Haddonfield or Swamp gets reworked they don´t add too much light there.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

same😔

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
    Options

Yes sir

RIP to a good one.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

I still dont understand why they couldnt revamp the map enough and remove its name and any objects associated with stranger things and release it so it no longer had ties. I also realize too that its a legal thing probably to just not be held accountable for anything missed oh well.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903
    Options

I miss it too. It is such a shame.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,340
    Options

I don't miss it one bit

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I hated it when I was new, but it really grew on me. The loss of Hawkins is still felt.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
    Options

It was popular to hate on it but only Trapper mains had a right to.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

I know a lot of people that never knew they loved it, till it was gone.

F.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

The only issue I had with Hawkins was increased performance issues when I played on it - although no where near as bad as RPD. Other than that I enjoyed that map so pretty bummed it's gone.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

I honestly think they wouldve by now if it was legally possible but I think instead of risking any sort of contract breach they probably had set up they cant just reskin stuff even if it looks different. If they got sued it would be a nightmare and then they could loose other licenses because of bad faith. Imagine it like running on top of a frozen lake one wrong footstep and cracks start to form that they can never recover from no matter how much time has passed. Its just better to be safe rather then sorry

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I really liked it. I especially enjoyed the aesthetic and Id like to see it come back some time. Losing a map for free isn't good at all.

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 357
    Options

Me too. They could've re-skinned it for Trickster. The main area where the Upside Down portal in the wall was could've been made into the studio where his bandmates died in the fire.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498
    Options

Of those 3: RPD, Midwich and hawkins-- hawkins was less awful.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    edited April 2022
    Options

Blight was awful on that map, made me wish I hadn't started the game up everytime I got it

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,071
    Options

But I like day time maps. Ormond, Thompson House and Mr Cowboy Land are all nice to look at and are easy on my aging eyes.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297
    Options

Maybe a similar map will show on the 6th anniversary for Alien

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I hated that map but now that it's gone I really do miss it. Even if I wasn't a huge fan of the layout, the map itself was beautiful and it fit that Stranger Things vibe perfectly imo. :(

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited April 2022
    Options

Too lazy to recreate the image how I want it, just replace the top line with “Well at least Hawkins is still a map..”

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

As survivor I came to enjoy these killer “sided” maps as survivor. But when I got it as killer it was an experience in total pain it sucked.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I actually usually did really well as trapper on there. Pretty sure hawkins was where I got that old "catch 5 survivors in bear traps" tome challenge.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

I low-key miss it as well.

Maps are generally the piece of releases that gets me excited about DBD and to lose one still sucks.

• Rooftopper
    Rooftopper Member Posts: 141
    Options

sadge, i never got to play it

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

i really liked that map on both sides, it was obviously a bit killer sided but you could win against many killers as survivor too. The only times i hated it was against stealth killers like Myers, GF or Wraith, but those killers are in need of good maps anyways

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Options

I miss it too, I was fairly new to the game when it left so I never fully appreciated it.

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

I hope it comes back one day- I never got the chance to play it, I bought the game on the last day that the Stranger Things cosmetics were available

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    Options

Please hawkin return.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I really hated it and was very glad to see it go and I feel that the licenced content maps are all pretty much the worst maps in DBD (Haddonfun, preschool, Midwich and Hawkins previously).

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,323
    Options

Yes.

It is not good to lose content. (...all you RPD haters)

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

Hawkins got a bad rap, but I liked it, and miss it.

I get that, but I would rather see many of the existing maps re-worked first. I'd rather have a smaller number of well refined maps than a bunch of busted ones. I think the Haddonfield re-work is a fantastic step in that direction.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

I loved that map too. It had high kill rates, true, but if you could juke a killer, you could do it here all day. I miss it too.

And, in my opinion, we need some more maps, especially indoor maps.

• Sacrifeast
    Sacrifeast Member Posts: 18
    Options

i Feel bad for the people who made it, so much work and just removed I only got to play it once on mobile and I thought it was really well designed

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

The whole Hawkins thing happened while I was on DBD break, but now I cherish my Demogorgon even more and am p3ing him now. <3

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I’m guessing that basically the work involved with that would be almost as much as making a brand new map from scratch since it would mean revamping almost all the art assets in it.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Wait.. when was it ever on mobile? Must’ve been a different region than North America or something. I never got a chance to play it on mobile, and have played mobile since it became available to me.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

they should just change out graphics and re-use the map.

This discussion has been closed.