Funny. Killers conceding actually EXTENDS the match by 2 minutes instead of cutting it short

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

The killer has lost. The exits are powered. The gates are opened, whether by the killer's hand or not. Yet, if they give up, which they have every reason to at this point, they have to sit there and wait for an additional 2 minutes.

The End Game Countdown recognizes and adjusts for the survivor's benefit, slowing by half if a survivor is dying or hooked, but why doesn't it adjust for the killer?

While the killer is standing still, and Blood Warden is not active, the End Game Countdown speed should double.

Comments

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Agreed I do agree though survivors standing and t bagging at gates is rather childish. When I stand there it's to say good by to the Killer and give them my item as thanks for a fun game maybe even let them down me and smack my butt out of the exit

• Nos37

I was chill while I typed this out.

Go read my other posts if you think this is bad

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

This would be potentially exploitable when the survivors are not necessarily safe.

• Nos37
    edited April 2022

Then make it the basement. Lock survivors out and lock the killer in.

Or, make it so that sacrificed survivors have to stick around for 2 minutes after their death before they can move on to the next match.

Why do survivors have to have all the power all the time?

• Nos37

Then remove the slow down while survivors are dying or hooked

• Nos37

It doesn't do its job if cheaters can still take the game hostage

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

No matter how hard you try to spin it, EGC does not slow down a match ending. As stated above and several times before, it only ensures that it does end within four minutes after beginning.

I’m all for giving killers a concede defeat option after 15 minutes have passed in the trial, but let’s be truthful.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
    edited April 2022

No. This would allow it to be used to ensure extra kills, which is not part of its job.

Edit: this may be a better way of putting it. Think of the EGC as a worker on minimum wage on a zero hours contract. It is there when it is absolutely necessary and goes away the second it isn't. It does what it is paid to do- end the game within a maximum of 4 minutes- and is not paid enough to go above and beyond this job description. EGC does the bare minimum that it must do to retain it's job, and in the context of DBD, is more than sufficient.

Allow me to rephrase then.

The End Game Collapse exists as a mechanism to bring the trial to a guaranteed end in a guaranteed maximum period of time under normal gameplay conditions, not to give kills. It adjusts so that it is fit for purpose and exclusively for this purpose, nothing more and nothing less.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Barring jokes; most my takes since returning have been pretty neutral.

• AlkaloidssOP
    AlkaloidssOP Member Posts: 254

Honestly, just let the killer run out of the exit gate if they want. Problem solved.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited April 2022

EGC does accomplish its single true purpose: putting a hard cap on how long the match can last once it gets to endgame.

Not against the goal of your idea though: to cut down on one of the two big endgame time-wasters (the other one is survivors being bled out for no winning-related reason). Personally I'd rather see a lever in the basement that instantly makes all survivors in any other state than dead or sacrificed (and disconnected obviously) escape, and yes that includes hooked and slugged ones as it's a "gg lets go next" mechanic and not a kill-securing one.

I'm sure even then some would still absolutely refuse to use it because "that's what they want me to do!!" but if they have the tools to not have to wait around and refuse to use them that's their problem lol.

• NinthPixel
    NinthPixel Member Posts: 60

The EGC timer doesnt affect me as killer. What affects me as killer is survivors deciding to hold the game hostage by not participating. I think the killer should always be able to open a gate. Even if killers abuse it that just means survivors just leave or whatever.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Y'all just never stop complaining like my god

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

What a weird take on EGC.

I have literally never felt as killer that survivors are gaining anything from it.

It’s literally just a timer countdown. If anything it can mess survivors up because they will run out of time preventing them from doing whatever they need to do, and what happens when the timer runs out?

The game ends and the survivors do Not escape, they die.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

EGC is 100% a survivor sided mechanic.

The fact that it can delay when someone goes down SPECIFICALLY TO GIVE THE SURVIVORS MORE TIME TO SAVE is 100% proof of this.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I use EGC to pressure survivors. I will open the door myself to force them to come and save earlier instead of searching for le precious NOED. And obviously you run down the timer for Blood Warden. Might as well abuse it, in my opinion.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

Alt.

Tab.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Why would you even give up and want to wait 2 min? Chase them out, get some bloodpoints for it, and thats it.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

You certainly can make it useful for you as a killer (and good killers find ways to do so). Hell, as one of five people who run Bloodwarden, I'm very familiar with using EGC to my advantage.

It's function though is to put a cap on the game's time in the end game, no more no less. Adding ways to force it to go faster is the opposite of why EGC exists.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Or... it takes less than 6 seconds to hit survivors twice inside of the exit gate and force them to leave.

?