The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors, why can't They have a ability to?

All Killers have different ability's, but survivors only have different Perks. I thought about iT and then a see a podcast from the king talking about iT to. Maybe claudette could heal other a little bit faster, maybe met could run a little bit faster, maybe Feng could vault a little bit faster... Evrything is posseble, i just want another reason why play this survivor. Comment down what your thought are about this. Bye!

Comments

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

If they reworked how the game functions, I think it could be interesting. But this is not a class-based game. Plus it would increase production times because they'd have to come up with abilities for both the survivor and killer with each release.

The game is struggling to properly balance as it is. I don't think adding another factor into it would be a good idea personally

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Maybe once the team can balance out everything as best as they can. Until then, survivors are just skins.

I do however have an idea that I suggested but I doubt it's getting looked at anytime soon.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Yeah, identity V has that.
  • feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

I don't think the game will ever be balanced, because it's all subjective. Some people think the game is in a good spot as it is now, others thinks it's too killer-sided or survivor-sided. Whatever team you play for, the other team will always have the ball. C'est la vie. As for the OP's comment, I would like to see some abilities work better for the survivor for which they originated for. It wouldn't be a matter of thinking up new abilities, just making them work slightly better for the original survivor. David can recover faster with No Mither for example.

• xxnazgulxx
    xxnazgulxx Member Posts: 6
    Simple Solution for that... 
    Just add the actual best Perk of each survivor as skill and don't unlock this as perk for all survivors. So only Meg would have Sprint Boost, only David has Dead Hard etc... This would make them more unique and less toxic. Same for the Killer. BBQ just on Leatherface, Nurses Calling only on nurse etc
  • AgentTexes
    AgentTexes Member Posts: 24

No.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Simple Solution for that... 
    Just add the actual best Perk of each survivor as skill and don't unlock this as perk for all survivors. So only Meg would have Sprint Boost, only David has Dead Hard etc... This would make them more unique and less toxic. Same for the Killer. BBQ just on Leatherface, Nurses Calling only on nurse etc
    Wait suvivours keep wglf but killers dont get bbq hell no. Also you would have to refund all player who unlocked bbq for their character otherwise there would be massive backlash. 
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Identity V has passives for survivors, but that simply makes some survivors SO MUCH BETTER than others.
    most often you only see nurses (infinite self heal and +healing for others) or gardeners.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    As a wise Yeehaw gamer once told me :
    Skins = Skill

Just buy the most expensive skin to instantly run faster and do gens quicker.
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

I'm getting flashbacks to a post about a month ago (maybe less) asking the same thing.

There is one simple reason. If each Survivor had a different ability, if you wanted to play a specific Survivor, if they were seen as worse than any of the others, you would be shouted at by your team to change to someone better, they would purposefully look for you and lead the Killer to you, and if you got hooked, they would not save you. And if they did, it would be to farm you. All because you didn't follow the meta.

My solution to make all Survivors unique: just equip different perks for each one. Problem solved.

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

@VolantConch1719 said:
    I'm getting flashbacks to a post about a month ago (maybe less) asking the same thing.

There is one simple reason. If each Survivor had a different ability, if you wanted to play a specific Survivor, if they were seen as worse than any of the others, you would be shouted at by your team to change to someone better, they would purposefully look for you and lead the Killer to you, and if you got hooked, they would not save you. And if they did, it would be to farm you. All because you didn't follow the meta.

My solution to make all Survivors unique: just equip different perks for each one. Problem solved.

Highly doubt that would happen, especially if the bonuses each survivor got were minuscule and pretty much equally useful. For example, one survivor could be doing gens 5% faster(5% of a gen is 4 seconds, or roughly 2 great skill checks), one survivor could run 2% faster, the other could vault 5% faster, etc. Changes like would be pretty much unnoticeable, unless in a very specific situation.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    One change the devs could try would be to add a fifth perk slot in which a charcter can only equip their own techable perks.

But this change would break game balance and the loadout-UI.
  • Juya
    Juya Member Posts: 63

@Broosmeister said:
    As a wise Yeehaw gamer once told me :
    Skins = Skill

Just buy the most expensive skin to instantly run faster and do gens quicker.

Hey...... are you a dev in disguise?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Only problem I see with that is selection variety will drop hard. You'll end up with a tier list much like Killers and survivors never pick anything other than the top few because they're just better. We can already see evidence of this Behavior just off of the Cosmetics selection. I'm not saying everyone will do it but there is already a large portion of the community that have a main simply because they are the better pick for sneaking around. And again similar to Killers you'll end up with some abilities that just don't seem worth it over the other choices.
  • Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Juya said:

Hey...... are you a dev in disguise?

Yes, our co worker is having his birthday party and we need money for cake & beer
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Because the instant survivors have unique abilities some jackass in the lobby will message me and tell me to change my character, or some #########, and they can ######### right the hell off.
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

@perotx said:

@VolantConch1719 said:

Highly doubt that would happen, especially if the bonuses each survivor got were minuscule and pretty much equally useful. For example, one survivor could be doing gens 5% faster(5% of a gen is 4 seconds, or roughly 2 great skill checks), one survivor could run 2% faster, the other could vault 5% faster, etc. Changes like would be pretty much unnoticeable, unless in a very specific situation.

You would be surprised how much a small change can tip the balance. And you would probably also be surprised how toxic humans are in general.

We are all pretty narcissistic. The problem with being online is anonymity. If something doesn't go our way, we tend to hide behind our screens and torment those that we feel responsible.

A small change for one person can be game breaking for another.

• Taelance
    Taelance Member Posts: 100

@Quentins_TwynBrother said:
    All Killers have different ability's, but survivors only have different Perks. I thought about iT and then a see a podcast from the king talking about iT to. Maybe claudette could heal other a little bit faster, maybe met could run a little bit faster, maybe Feng could vault a little bit faster... Evrything is posseble, i just want another reason why play this survivor. Comment down what your thought are about this. Bye!

I mean I don't know what items are... but they seem to simulate some form of power.