Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Question for Killer mains

Question for killer mains:

In your eyes, what is a strong and useful Survivor build/perks that you don't find to be Overpowered, toxic or tryhard. Must actually be useful and not memey.

Really am curious. This question is for people are fully killer mains or play killer at least 90% of the time.

Comments

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

Kindred, Deliverance, Lithe, We'll Make It

• Lastchild
    Lastchild Member Posts: 333

Only BT and DH and nothing more.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

DS BT IW SB

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Any combination that isn't DS/UB/DH/COH is fine by me honestly

I don't mind if you run one or multiple of these perks, just never run more then 2 at a time, that is just excessive

• FatallyIconic
    FatallyIconic Member Posts: 270

I see what you mean. Personally I find only Dead Hard and Circle of healing to be an issue for me.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Kindred, Windows, Spine Chill, *exhaustion perk of choice*

can sub the exhaustion perk slot for one of the meta perks survivors just can't exist without apparently, but the first three cover most of the solo queue weaknesses, while nothing can really be offensively exploitable.

• OzzyJolt
    OzzyJolt Member Posts: 25

BT, we'll make it, DS and kindred

• FatallyIconic

If anyone is wondering why i'm asking this - I mainly play survivor now, and i do have a soft spot for killers, especially with the current MMR. Therefore i want to use builds that aren't obnoxious but I'm still useful and helping my team.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Fully honest.

Fixated/ Self Aware. The walking speed honestly makes some mindgames really hard to read occasionally. Usually, just that little extra distance can throw off how far I think the survivors could've gotten. Turn a corner, walk some distance you usually wouldn't make, and i've really gotten confused with it when it is done well.

Same with Quick and Quiet, that random fast vault that is silent can throw me off.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

I like pretty much any exhaustion Perk that isnt Dead Hard (because stupidly overpowered) / Sprint Burst (because holding W is not very enticing gameplay), Kindred, Iron Will, Decisive Strike, any Boon that isnt CoH (because stupidly overpowered), We'll Make It, ...

the ones i dislike are certainly a minority. I generally dislike Perks that are either way too good (e.g. DH or CoH) or promote an, in my opinion, unhealthy playstyle (e.g. BT or Resilience).

• AndyKuky
    AndyKuky Member Posts: 84

Sprint burst

BT

Windows

Kindred

Spine Chill (I hate how it invalidates stealth killers, and it just makes for boring gameplay)

• FatallyIconic

Seeing a lot of people saying: Kindred and windows (two information perks) then two Meta perks that AREN'T Dead hard or COH.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I think Counterforce is an underrated perk since so many Survivors hate NOED and a few other Hex perks this perk can help a lot unless someone has a Boon set up than it can become a problem.

• Combozilla
    Combozilla Member Posts: 4

-Windows

I think Deadhard _could_ be if it either lost some distance or the I-frames because as a whole I think the idea of a last ditch lunge to safety is exciting

-deja vu: needed less the higher you go but nobody likes getting 3 gen'd

-Kindred

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Any perk build they want that doesn't feature a straight up not-working-as-intended perk, people can use what they want.

And by no working as intended I mean "Wake Up bug not working as intended", not "It's too strong so it's not working as intended"

• Andy5325
    Andy5325 Member Posts: 16

As a killer, i'm mostly indifferent unless you're running multiple meta perks and being toxic or to be toxic. I don't think a lot of killers care too much as long as you aren't toxic.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

The only survivor perk that bothers me is dead hard. None of the other ones bother me.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Lithe, counterforce, we'll make it, and either dark sense or kindred.

• Rooftopper
    Rooftopper Member Posts: 141

Prove Thyself and Leader, encouraging team play

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I'm ok with most survivor perks personally, other than Dead Hard. I'm not even sure Circle of Healing is overpowered after the upcoming nerf. I think the ones that work best against me are probably Iron Will, Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time. Also Circle of Healing depending on the killer I'm playing. Spine Chill is also pretty decent because, even though the people who use it can tend to get a little overly reliant on it and miss you sidestepping toward them, the vault speed boost it gives is also sometimes a lifesaver for them.

• gentacle
    gentacle Member Posts: 260

Hey gamer, survivor and killer perk metas achieve two different things right now:

Survivor meta perks either undo mistakes, force the killer into a mistake, or a combination of the two. Killer meta perks generally slow the game down so they have enough time to actually accomplish their task of killing survivors of all skill levels. Right now it could be argued (and i will argue, at length) that survivor meta perks have almost no downsides to their activation and killer meta perks have a bunch of downsides. Or rather than say no downsides, they activate normally over the course of play with things that you would expect to happen.

Dead Hard erases a mistake and almost always prevents a killer from getting a down with the validation buff. This leads to more time chasing and more time for teammates on gens. DS is supposed to make killers wary of singling out a survivor after hook. BT allows for bodyblocking the rescuer (and therefore more time wasted on not doing something you naturally want to do as a killer). CoH makes survivors self sufficient and even more altruistic. Bodyblock someone? It's all good, you have unlimited resources. Other scenarios like boil over/breakout/sabo squads do pretty much the same thing but require coordination so I count them as SWF only. Iron Will is 100% silence at all times while injured and the only perk counter was nerfed so now you have to worry about door checks and all that fun stuff in a chase on the offchance the sound engine craps itself and removes their footsteps and normal breathing as well. The common theme to me with these is that there are no real drawbacks. Sprint Burst, touted as a lot of survivors as being "just as good as DH" doesn't show up often enough to support that. But with sprint burst, killers certainly don't feel dumb when they've cornered a survivor only to just have them dash out of the way and throw a pallet on you. You basically catch up to the guy fairly and you get your down.

Killer perks on the other hand all have downsides. Corrupt intervention has a timer and doesn't prevent every generator from being done, it just means you won't have something pop within 30 seconds of the game starting... usually. Deadlock slows people down but their progress is still there, and you have to basically start losing for it to gain benefit. STBFL can lose stacks hitting the wrong person. Hexes can be snuffed out, or worse... replaced with a boon. There's not a single perk that I can think of as a killer main where you gain its benefit permanently and it exists as a hindrance to survivors.

So with that said, when I look at "non-toxic survivor perks" I look at ones that do something similar to the meta perks and have a downside. Power struggle is decisive strike that uses a resource up and is pretty funny when it happens. For the People/Soul Guard means I now have someone who's broken I can chase and get a down on them. Head-On is an exhaustion perk that means I know I can chase someone fairly after they've used it. Kindred gives everyone wallhacks but the downside is you're on a hook so it leads either to gen progress or evading the killer on a rescue mission. These are examples of perks that feel fair to me as killer because the wasted time comes at a cost. BT is boring because it's 12 seconds of doing nothing as the killer. Dead Hard is frustrating because a fish you caught just slipped out of your hands. DS is boring because right now if COH is on the field and you don't tunnel someone, you're probably gonna have a bad time.

anyway hope this helps gamer.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

Definitely kindred. Windows, sprint burst and decisive strike, or borrowed time if you're feeling altruistic. A good medkit will have you covered on the healing department on site and on demand or a good toolbox if you are feeling like sabotaging.

As a killer I would find this survivor challenging and efficient in all forms of killer interaction, but also very enjoyable to chase.

Might have to abandon chase though, if you manage to get me with a 99ed SB, but I can't be mad at it.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Anything that isnt DH.

And if I was picky no more than 1 UB, I already try not to slug but damn are you forced to at the higher level and multiple UB just feel fair.

I dont care if people play well just stop the the DH distance constantly...

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Play solo queue with no voice coms and bring whatever perks you want.

If you pick 4 perks and get 12-16 more perks via info sharing then that is always worse for the killer.

The most underrated perk that is still really useful has to be Spine Chill. It nerfs every stealth killer, gives you faster vault potential and lets you know what the killer is doing in a chase.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

In my Survivor games I've been running a pretty solid heal build of Autodidact, Empathic Connection, Empathy, and Renewal. It's not hard to get those first two tokens since you and the injured can see one another, and healing someone else gets you Renewal if you get hooked.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Well I play about 60% of the time killer so im not the person you look for answer but I play lot so I probably play more killer than many full killer mains so perk which I have found to be strong is shadowstep boon it has caused me to loss survivors in chases. Well I consider it very annoying perk becauase of that. Also Windows of opportunity is very useful perk helps survivors to know if pallets are used or where they are

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

DH is isn't a problem for me, I can countered It most of the moments. Boon also don't makes me complain about something. Of course, sometimes both of them is a bad thing, but I don't have nothing to say about it

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Deja vu,prove thyself,iron will, resilience a.k.a gen rush build extremely good but requires you to get injured and avoid the killer and focus on gens while also having others around

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Spine Chill, Prove Thyself, Lithe, Balanced Landing, Sprint Burst, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable,...

Well, is easier to say everything except Dead Hard.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Lithe, Windows, Soul Guard, Parental Guidance

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    edited April 2022

The only perk I would consider game breaking is CoH because it invalidates entire killers while in play. You can run any other build and I honestly do not care.