Tell me your recent experiences vs Nurse

Options
Edilibs
Edilibs Member Posts: 699

I fought 5 Nurses today and i survived two of them. Coincidentally (not) 2 of the Nurse players were bad so i escaped lol. Seriously do people enjoy going against this killer? Like is she fun to go against at all for you?

Personally i absolutely hate going against Nurse and as soon as i hear her as the killer i either 1, smh lol

2, suck my teeth and insert Nurse line or 3 Go oh gosh its Nurse...hopefully this person is a bad Nurse! lol

That intself is bad but im curious what are your Nurse game experiences like?

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

All positive, survive or die!

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

Last time I vsed a nurse she got a devour hope quickly I managed to get a deception play but a meg unhooked the 2 guys and I ended up being moried

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

She almost always wins and she's gone right back to being the most recurring killer. It's annoying and I don't care to see her this often. Luckily I have been learning counterplay, not that it means anything in solo queue.

• Edilibs
    Options
  • Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285
    Options

As a Nurse main I hate to face her, mostly because I play solo and if she is good one weak link Is enough for her to curb stomp a team

I am happy to take chase and try some jukes I assume would work on me but in the end it's mostly gg

• TomTheSequel
    TomTheSequel Member Posts: 58
    Options

She is hell to play against as Solo Q. The one killer that straight up wrecks every game. It is satisfying to survive against her though.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Every time I bring a skeleton key I get a P3 Nurse that I offended as a child and she's spent the last five years going through a martial arts training montage to finally face her arch nemesis. They know what I'm going to pull and they ain't havin' any of it.

Soft Nurses are usually a free escape and I don't see them often anymore, but I kinda wish I diiiiiid.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 769
    Options

My last 2 nurse games as survivor.

1. Did not miss a single blink. Evwry single blink was a hit. It was literally insane I think everyone died with one measly gen done. She didn't slug either.

2. She was mediocre/bad and disconnected after 4 gens were completed. I believe she had 2 or 3 hooks.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Tunneld one of my friends right out of the game immediately after they unhooked themselves - we thought we'd use up 2 perk slots for slippery meat + up the ante for some fun that game.

Also was slugging, using dead man switch + resonance, range addons, the usual.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Mileage is always going to vary based on survivor skill vs Nurse. My recent experiences have all been good. Usually 2 outs at least. Nurse is a tough one because there's a massive chasm between players who can run a good Nurse and players who struggle against a Nurse period.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Absolute favorite games ever.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Only seen 3, 2 of which were back to back. We got crunched every time

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,215
    Options

Of the last five ones ...

• One DCed after we've toyed with it for a minute.
    • One went straight AFK.
    • Two killed half the team (running in a straight line isn't always the best option 😒).
    • One wiped us out. She was playing exactly the opposite way I do as Nurse so it was a critical fail for me 😅.

I love versing the Nurse.

• pA4n_1337
    pA4n_1337 Member Posts: 21
    Options

I like nurse :)

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

I'm a pretty mediocre survivor who often solo ques and runs off-meta perks. Realistically speaking, my MMR against Nurse should be quite low considering I usually lose when I do face one. Even so, most Nurses I face are at least decent and can typically down any of my teammates (myself included) in 20 seconds max. Fun :)

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

There are three types of nurses games that I have experience. The first, is a slog, where the nurse is just relatively decent and kills everyone either slowly or very quickly (usually map dependent on death speed). The second is where people see its a nurse and instantly leave, or they get chased and downed and instantly leave. The third is where the nurse is just slightly bad and everyone escapes with almost no hooks (NoED probably exists).

For me instance 1 and 2 are the most common, 2 being the most common. People just don't like playing against her, and I understand it completely. I think blight is almost as strong as her, but at least there is some semblence of counter play. All of your ability to survive against nurse, really falls in the hands of the nurse player.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

Yesterday i had a few matches against someone streaming Nurse who was practising her with no add ons or perks, and they were enjoyable matches where i felt like i had counterplay but she could still down me.

Any other nurse since she got reenabled from killswitch has been a chore because they all run 4 slowdowns or Agi Starstruck with Range and/or recharge and nothing else. All they have to do is down the first couple chases fast and they snowball easily with these builds and you struggle to get anything done.

Even gone against someone streaming her with Agi Starstruck and they said my pathing was terrible and i was bad etc, when all i was doing was trying to make as much los blockers as possible while delaying the inevitable. Weird stuff.

• drsoontm
    Options

I understand it's an hyperbole, but even my fastest games as Nurse took about two minutes. I'm talking about a 32m range gen grab to exposed hit to drop to hit and blink and hit. It requires survivors who do not run immediately after the first grab and do not keep running.

Even beginner survivors can hold a for while as long as they play carefully.

Also, one typical tactic as Nurse is to play like a fool for a bit so the survivors aren't afraid and do not hide or keep running. It also double as a study of the survivor's moves for the real chase. Never, ever, assume a Nurse is a beginner.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Last game I had against a nurse was basically the worst nurse match you can have. Very good nurse running a starstruck agitation build on blood lodge. We all died at 4 gens when she slugged us all

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    edited April 2022
    Options

I always treat Nurses as though they're good and play accordingly. Unfortunately, I'm bad and they typically aren't. I never run Dead hard either, lol. Oh well, Nurses are in the minority at my MMR anyways so it's not a huge deal for me. Not a fun time when there is a Nurse but oh well.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

It always depends on the nurse player. If theyre worse than yourself and your team, it varies between fine play and stomp, if theyre equal to yourself, theyre likely to win before 5 gens, if theyre a godnurse, dont know why even playing this match longer than the first down after 20s.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

In my recent matches they usualy use at least 1 range addon. Usualy with recharge addon. Her addons makes playing againts her pain to VS.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Normally when I’m against a Nurse I’m quite successful although there’s still the good curb stomp in there from a few bad moves. However when we’re on say Midwich or the Game it’s total annihilation with no hope.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

I get alot of nurses and blights and it's not so much I mind versing much more of the fact it's too often.

I'm more than happy to verse a nurse, just not so often... it's why iv taken a break from the game. Survivor is boring and killer is unfun if you dont play nurse/blight.

Games go fine against them, I always do decent just depends on my team if they want to DC because they're also bored of just seeing them or iv been mismatched and my team dont do gens.

Usually the nurse gets somewhat fast downs but were fast on gens, usually a 2escape 2 kills unless the nurse isnt that good then usually a 0-1k

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,735
    Options

I have actually played a few games this week after not really playing for months. Faced quite a few Nurses and enjoyed every match but it seemed many of my team mates were absolutely useless against Nurse and they went down really fast, even though probably only one of the Nurses was actually semi decent with her.

I assume those same survivors come to forums to complain about Nurse too lol

• drsoontm
    Options

DH is very good against a Nurse. If she is at her second blink, it's almost 100% safe if timed properly. The typical mistake here is to DH slightly too early which the Nurse counters by over-blinking by one meter or so.

If she gives you trouble, try to walk when you are out of sight. Lack of trackmarks are very confusing (for me at least, but it's a well know fact detection is her biggest weakness)

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

I love going against Nurses

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    Options

either getting slug at 5 gens or just holding W almost the entire game to avoid getting slug.😑

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 808
    Options

I both love and hate Nurses.

I love when they are newbies or mediocre, cuz the games will be chill. I might die or not, don't really care, but those games are really fun.

And then there's THAT type of Nurse player. The one that didn't see the sun in years. The one that will get my cheeks clapped. I fear those. Don't get me wrong, ima be still absolutely freakin cool about it, cuz it's an honour to meet those, BUT i do have dc thoughts when being absolutely obliterated like that xD

Thankfully my experiences with Nurses is that 9/10 games with them they're mediocre, like good, but they're not gods (yet)

• Edilibs
    edited April 2022
    Options

Exactly!

Yeah sounds like a typical high level Nurse game!

Then you didnt go against good sweaty Nurses! You absolutely wont juke a godlike Nurse this is facts! A godlike or even really good Nurse will down or kill you once she see's you, period!

• Edilibs
    Options

People complain about Nurse bc shes game braeking it has nothing to do with how good or bad they are at survivor. It gets progressively worse the better the Nurse player is so im assuming you havent went against really strong Nurse players bc i feel like you wouldnt be saying these things at all.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,735
    Options

Lol... I have over 2.5k hours in the game and have played against many great Nurses, including back when 5 blinks and no recharge was a thing. In fact I started to learn her myself before she got nerfed and with learning her myself I learned what plays counter Nurse and her weaknesses.

Trouble with many survivors is they make statements like 'game breaking' then try to loop a Nurse or their counter-plays consist of doubling back on every corner and DH. Then they no doubt head to forums to complain instead of actually learning how to counter her.

The vast majority of Nurse players are average to outright terrible with her. God tier Nurses can be rough but I very rarely face them and when I do I respect their skill, as getting really good with Nurse takes a lot of misery and bullying from survivors

• Edilibs
    Options

Ummm...ok whatever you say )

The only "counterplay" to Nurse is Iron Will/Lucky Break and respecting BBQ by going in lockers. Your not juking a strong Nurse player at all, doubling back or anything your just downed once she see's you.

• Edilibs
    edited April 2022
    Options

Yeah bad survivors do that but not good ones, i've seen some of the best survivors do what you say and still go down in seconds against strong Nurses so your statement is not valid.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Had this match a little over a month ago (sorry, one of the only recent matches against a Nurse I’ve had) in solo queue (at least me) on Temple of Purgation. There is only one Iron Will (not mine), and three Flashbangs (meme perk). I don’t recall using lockers to avoid BBQ during the match. Check out the Nurse’s build and the match results.

Methinks your only counter play theory needs some tweaking.

• Beemo
    Beemo Member Posts: 26
    Options

They fixed her and she is a litera fkg menace now to go against it's literally hell.. i hope they do Smthg to her asap