Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

T-Bag got buffed

senki527
senki527 Member Posts: 275

Thanks for the t-bag update, it looks now even more dumb spamming crouch after new patch xD

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

sweet

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456

well, many things can be used outside their original context for which they were created. There are people who feel offended because the survivor pointed at them or shaking their head (yes/no). Now if this justifies the devs attention to change them, from my point of view it is clearly a no, with much more important things that demand attention in the game

Well, I'm not saying what you should/must do, but certainly if that's your intention (generate flame through "us vs them") and not try to debate in a civilized way, then there's certainly no reason for me to waste my time here.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Well I think every debate here is kinda a us vs them thing but only because we have this clear split of factions not necessarily because I want it to be such a discussion.

I think there is a fine line between yes people use something outside of there intended purposes and it triggers people and people using things to taunt and be toxic for the space of being mean. And while this might be a part of online gaming I think it's the worst part and we should do as much against it as we possible can. Because people like to say you need to stand above that and that you have a problem if you get triggered by stuff like that as an excuse to be mean because they fear to lose a weapon cause there are many people that only have fun if they can make people feel bad and thats to fight.

We as the gaming community as a whole should fight toxic behavior at every corner because gaming is supposed to be fun and a save space for many of us who flew from there already ######### live I was like that once to and if we just accept stuff like that with arguments that could totally come from my dad or grandpa that I have to be stronger in order to not get attacked that's wrong

I hope you see I very much would like to debate in a civil way

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

It reminds me of old t-bagging,tbh.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

How was it buffed it didn't do anything to begin with?

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456

The discussions being biased about "us vs them", that's what really makes the environment here toxic and not constructiveI. I agree with you, but in online pvp games, any little thing/mechanic can be used as a "weapon" to provoke and insult the opponent.

And this is inherent to being human for some reason. The parallel of this you see in real life, especially in sports (mostly in martial arts) and I'm not even talking about "cheating", because for these serious things, you have clear rules, like not biting or kicking certain "places" of your opponent body

Summary: As I know things won't change (and in the end, maybe there's no reason to), so the best>>I<< can do is monitor myself and ignore these aspect (becoming clear that at least I speak for myself and what I think), and in the end, people who want to insult you to see your reaction will be wasting their own time. And by coincidence, yes, maybe our grandparents are right, even if it's for the wrong reasons (if you understand me).

ps: if anything got confused, sorry, my english is not the best.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

I hope my grandparents aren't right I really do. I my mind these just stand above it arguments just tell me your argument isn't valid enough.

And maybe the pvp online community is just like that I mean it is like that for ages but that doesnt mean it should be like that.

So hear me out I take a big stretch here and use a very heavy argument as example now. If we sit here and say we'll there will always be people that are toxic so we don't fight it we could also stop fighting racism or homophobia because no matter what we do it's not gonna disappear. I hope you know what I try to say.

PS. Don't worry im slo struggling with my school English here it's not my first language either

• AlkaloidssOP
    AlkaloidssOP Member Posts: 254

Well the thing is BHVR might have buffed the teabag but there's no way a killer ever gets to see it with this god awfull anti-aliasing.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I often teabag at pallets to get across to the killer, “I will loop this pallet until you break it.”

And as killer I don’t care about survivors tea bagging. You can’t crouch and run.

No one cares about other players pressing ctrl when they’re winning. My interpretation of players ‘offended’ by it is they only care cause they’re losing and trying to dig a moral high ground win out of something that’s not there.

My prescription is git guud.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

This is the same company that has openly stated they made changes to animation to make tbagging look better, so I'm not sure why people are acting like it's unintended now.

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

Ok but, what's the matter? Why do you Care about It? The malice is in who uses to be toxic, but Tbag originaly was made for another importang things in the gameplay

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

I was hoping the ability to crouch and point at the same time was back. Severely let down.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Apart from, hiding, breaking line of sight from Myers and ducking hatchets. Crouching does little else.

What do you care if someone button mashes at you rather than run away?

If survivors crouching is upsetting you then frankly its just you upsetting yourself, it can't hurt or oppress you in any real fashion, it can't even impact your play.

All the cost of BM'ing is born on the survivor who BM's.

They mash their equipment,

They waste their opportunities to make distance,

They burden themselves with a huge RSI strain on their digits especially console players. Look up the conditions trigger thumb and game keeper's thumb if you repeatedly BM that's your future so enjoy the gimpy claw hands.

Its like trying to take revenge and aggravate your opponent by punching yourself in the face, I say go ahead BM all you want.

Its just stupid and its not gonna force me to make mistakes because it doesn't provide any benefit in of itself. So why would I let it upset me?

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Now whenever you teabag the killer will DC out of the game.