How does everyone feel about the profanity filter in the game?

Options
Stoneylove
Stoneylove Member Posts: 8
edited April 2022 in Polls

So many times have my words been ######. I literally just typed “birds and bees” and it blurred it. My problem is mostly that this game has a literal character that sucks on cut off fingers and one that rips your tongue out but we can’t say ass. Like please. This wouldn’t be so much of an issue for me if I could at least type out something NOTHING similar to a curse word and still get blurred. Moral of the story is killing people and hanging them is ok. Saying #########? Nope. It’s bad. What do you think?

How does everyone feel about the profanity filter in the game? 39 votes

For Profanity
41%
BlueberryF60_31ChurchofPigYordssteponmeadirisAnchorTeaN8dogTricksters_Wifeshinobu149GarlicRiceDredgenWar237StoneyloveHitariCookie_Des_LysStroggzImpalpable 16 votes
Not for Profanity
58%
KaanaZerLukasbrokedownpalaceMyNamePeteSaitamfedBamallamadingdongtenoresaxValikBenOfMilamRattiusdarkcloudlinkraevellViktor1853PSPAnneBonnyHaunterofShadowsThusly_BonedgeniVlarianStabby_Abby 23 votes

Comments

• Stoneylove
    Options
    For Profanity

Yeah I can see where I could have worded it better. But I agree. Let us be able to toggle it.

• Stoneylove
    Options
    For Profanity

It sadly won't let me change the poll answers but please look at @cricketscorner's comment.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options
    For Profanity

Dude, $%&! Censorship!

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

It's pretty embarassing. Really hope they make it optional so I can deactivate it.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,997
    Options
    Not for Profanity

god it is just absolute GARBAGE

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,613
    Options

It’s stupid. It’s fine for it to filter racial slurs and that kinda stuff but anything beyond that should be optional.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options
    For Profanity

I just want the option to disable it

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

I couldnt understand the poll itself but whenever ###### to type something ###### it just ####### no ###### like what ###### idk why this ###### is ###### a thing man, most ####### the time these are ####### words #######, i guess it ###### ingame ###### cause some ###### its censored and ###### it isnt.

If ###### dont even ###### seem ###### to use the ####### why should ####### bother?

The ###### day i ###### say some ###### things to ###### ###### survivors and STILL the ###### censored me ######, oh and btw, i noticed that ###### nice ###### is mostly censored while ###### isnt, i still ###### when a ###### survivor told me: (BAD WORD) and ###### not censored, but hey, saying ####### is fine, maybe ###### about your ###### of ######.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    Options
    For Profanity

Stuff like racial slurs and bigoted language should be censored, but arbitrary stuff such as character names shouldnt be.

Like how did the ladder even get approved?

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options
    Not for Profanity

poll options are weird but yeah, slurs and hate speech are really all that needs to be censored. i wouldn't mind a personal filter as well like how warframe's chat does it. honestly a lot of dbd's menus and options just need a complete overhaul they suck

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

There should be an option to disable it. I dont understand why it even exists in the first place.

It's also just ridiculously poorly designed, it censors completely innocuous stuff all the time.

For example, it censors "hooking". You know, a central mechanic of the game.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Not for Profanity

Have a general profanity filter that you can switch on and off.

And then a universal slur censor (using a dictionary of slurs and their common alternate forms) that instantly and permanently anyone who uses one.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    Not for Profanity

Examples of censored content is in the game itself.

It's not behavior's job to police the post game lobby and keep literal children from harm.

This game is rated M -

• Vlarian
    Vlarian Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Not for Profanity

# #### ###### ######## ######### ## # ###### ##### ## #### #### ######## ### ###### # ### ####. # ####### ###### ####! ## ### ##### ##### ## # ###### ##### ## ##### ###### ######

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options
    For Profanity

If we kill in the game why cant we curse? Like we are adults and if not either way you have heard the language being used before

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    Options
    For Profanity

I think the filter would be okay if it worked to censor really bad things, like literal slurs. Right now, however, it'll censor the most random #########, as well as words simply related to the game. As a band-aid fix, I just want to be able to toggle it. I think I should be able to say the word "kill" in an 18+ game ABOUT KILLING PEOPLE.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options
    Not for Profanity

It's very ####