Why is there no time limit after the exit gates are open?!?!!?

2»

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@weirdkid5 said:
    I'm that stealthy boi you hate trust me. You'll wish you never took Whispers against me cause I'll have you locked in the same place on the map for 2 minutes lol

Yeah but if you are the last survivor... Unless that hatch is close by to you... You're gonna have to do some good stealthy moves without the killer seeing you. It wouldn't matter to me how long it took, you can only maneuver the 32m circle so much and eventually either you get the hatch, or you get cornered.

I always enjoy that challenge though if I got whispers and stealthy claud is hiding in the swamp somewhere.

Hopefully one day we get to test those moves out :)

• Marvel
    Marvel Member Posts: 149

@TheBean said:
    Yeee. Thats why I take whispers. I know it sucks to take a perk for this reason.. but man... I find without it, you are sometimes at the survivor's mercy of them finding the hatch and getting out. So you basically just go around in the hopes you see them.

Whispers finishes that search rather quickly.

I don't think this should be the way to solve this issue. It's smart of you to pick whispers for that but I think it's a problem that is inherently wrong and needs a fix by the devs. They mentioned some changes about the late game in a update video some weeks ago. I hope they make it reality soon enough and you can pick a perk you like instead of whispers =)

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    TheBean said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    I'm that stealthy boi you hate trust me. You'll wish you never took Whispers against me cause I'll have you locked in the same place on the map for 2 minutes lol

Yeah but if you are the last survivor... Unless that hatch is close by to you... You're gonna have to do some good stealthy moves without the killer seeing you. It wouldn't matter to me how long it took, you can only maneuver the 32m circle so much and eventually either you get the hatch, or you get cornered.

I always enjoy that challenge though if I got whispers and stealthy claud is hiding in the swamp somewhere.

Hopefully one day we get to test those moves out :)

I led a Billy around the whole map of the Swamp once trying to find the hatch, I knew he had Whispers but he was constantly on my trail. I somehow managed to get by him. I've also repaired 3 gens as the last Survivor before.

You can only move around the same 32m circle so much you're right. Which is why you'll go insane trying to find me ;P
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Well, unless I/we can argue otherwise we can't report survivors for not completing their escape objectives. 
    Well, we can, but they won't see it as a reportable offense. 
  • Marvel
    Marvel Member Posts: 149

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Well, unless I/we can argue otherwise we can't report survivors for not completing their escape objectives. 
    Well, we can, but they won't see it as a reportable offense. 

They do. Holding a game hostage by not leaving is reportable. I reported this several times before and they even ask for more evidence like videos, pictures etc. ; if the devs wouldn't care, they wouldn't ask for it.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Cuz fixing the endgame mechanic doesn't bring money in. Especially because it's a problem for killers and in theory it's "just" 20% of the playerbase 

You're starting to sound a lot like me, you know.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    se05239 said:

Cuz fixing the endgame mechanic doesn't bring money in. Especially because it's a problem for killers and in theory it's "just" 20% of the playerbase 

Why exactly?
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2019

@Marvel said:
    Once again I'm being held hostage by the survivors who refuse to leave. This is not the first time this happens tonight and is just really frustrating and time wasting. FIX THE END GAME!!!!!
    They talked about it ages ago and still haven't done anything aobut it.

To prevent safe Gate-Camping:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/39771/bloodwarden-for-free-on-every-killer/p1

To prevent infinite stealth:
    When the killer hasn't chased anyone for a said amount of time, they will receive some kind of clue every so now and then providing them with an increasingly closer approximation of where the survivor(s) is/are. The longer this goes on, the more accurate these approximations become.
    The only way for survivors to decrease this timer is by either being chased/by progressing the game through doing generators. Upon being chased, the timer resets and upon working on a generator, the timer will slowly decrease.
    (Specifics can be found in multiple suggestions across the forums. Example:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/43036/broken-key-rework-the-hatch-solution/p1
    Under stalemate solution: sanity)

That would be all we need to solve your issue.

• KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

If you want to hold the game hostage, under certain scenario's, there is nothing the killer can do about it. I agree with OP. Needs to be some sort of timer that activates when no action is occurring on the map.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    I would love to see that after 3 min a gate is probably, the entity is blocking both exits, reveal the survivors aura and expose them.
    You had the chance to leave!
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

@Cymer said:
    I would love to see that after 3 min a gate is probably, the entity is blocking both exits, reveal the survivors aura and expose them.

This would be good only if the killer isn't in an active chase with a survivor. As many stated some stay in the match to save a teammate. The team shouldn't be punished with instadowns because the killer was looped for 3 minutes while the gates were open and ready.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@weirdkid5 said:

I led a Billy around the whole map of the Swamp once trying to find the hatch, I knew he had Whispers but he was constantly on my trail. I somehow managed to get by him. I've also repaired 3 gens as the last Survivor before.

You can only move around the same 32m circle so much you're right. Which is why you'll go insane trying to find me ;P

Unfortunately I don't focus on killer enough where I can get into the high ranks.. I'm mainly just get the smurfs at rank 10.

Maybe on day I will get there... But playing killer makes me want to smoke a joint afterwards... after about 3 matches I gotta switch to survivor.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Worst thing you can do is look for them as that enables their toxic behaviour. Go afk in basement for 10 minutes and they have left as they get bored.

• Cymer
    Jesya said:

@Cymer said:

This would be good only if the killer isn't in an active chase with a survivor. As many stated some stay in the match to save a teammate. The team shouldn't be punished with instadowns because the killer was looped for 3 minutes while the gates were open and ready.

If you can loop a killer for 3 min you could escape.
    I think 3 min are more then enough to rescue someone, cleanse totems and tbag.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Marvel said:
    Once again I'm being held hostage by the survivors who refuse to leave. This is not the first time this happens tonight and is just really frustrating and time wasting. FIX THE END GAME!!!!!
    They talked about it ages ago and still haven't done anything aobut it.

yes it makes sense, the entity should close a gate after 3 minutes open, but when using "remember me" this time is reduced to 2/1/30 seconds

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    edited January 2019

it could be rather simple

if they wont leave after the gates are open the following happens and if no one is hooked
    1 min: gates show if people are in the gate area
    2 min: survivors are exposed, no matter if noed is active or not
    3 min: if you are in 32m prox. the killer can see your aura
    4 min: hatch can no longer be opened or will close if you're last surv and map wide aura reading
    5 min: gates are closed

end of story...

• Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77

Because limiting the time you can have fun in a game is not a fun mechanic.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@Lateral said:

It's fun for the killer if survivors dick around? 50% of the game are not having fun in your scenario.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    If its a problem that can't be overcome with a bare character ( no add-ons or perks) then it needs to be fixed, that's a design problem. Using a perk should help alleviate the situation but it shouldn't  be the main answer. With as many situational problems that are possible, we still only get four slots to address them. Can't fix em all with Loadout alone.
  • weirdkid5

@Lateral said:

When your fun is at the expense of someone else's that's a no no homie

• Cymer
    If its a problem that can't be overcome with a bare character ( no add-ons or perks) then it needs to be fixed, that's a design problem. Using a perk should help alleviate the situation but it shouldn't  be the main answer. With as many situational problems that are possible, we still only get four slots to address them. Can't fix em all with Loadout alone.
    If the gates are open and the survivors are toying with you, the way you play the killer, your loadout or your personal skill isn't sufficient enough.
    We all know, if the survivors and the killer are both on the highest skill level, the game is favouring the survivors and there is absolutely nothing you can do as a killer then waiting for the survivors to make a mistake. Aslong this is not happening, the survivors can drag out a game indefinitely.

That's why we need a mechanic in play that incentives the survivors to escape.

I don't see it as a killer buff. I see it rather to ad back the horror element into the game. The pressure not to know what gate is open and for how long.
    How much time is left until I cannot escape anymore. Horror can be fun and i like the moments inside the game, where I feel helpless or get surprised from the killer the best.
    That's why I like Hag, Pig, Spooky Myers, Spirit, Nurse and Doctor so much.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2019
    20% of all currently ACTIVE games player base
  • Lateral
    edited January 2019

@MhhBurgers said:

@Lateral said:

It's fun for the killer if survivors dick around? 50% of the game are not having fun in your scenario.

Christ you don't have to cry tears of napam and burn the forums down, it's ok! your not going to lose your easy-mode ffs lol. Never gunna happen.

Never at any point in the history of this game has the well being of the Survivors gaming experience ever been considered. The game from day 1 has been nothing but an easy-mode, hand-held, babied, Killer crutchlord fest. So that isn't changing any time soon.

Hell I know, why don't we change it to:

• 1 Survivor vs 4 Killers
    • That 1 Survivor spawns in already hooked in a ring of 4 face camping killers
    • There are no exits, only 3 fake hatches strapped to the killers chests (with 1 real one strapped to the killers chest).
    • This hatch needs to be charged by 4 generators to open which are tied to the Killers backs.
    • Once repaired if you somehow get off the hook you spawned in on you have to choose the right killer to run head first in to their chest mounted hatch
    • BUT WAIT! before you go for the exit hatch you need a key! And it is tied around one of the killers nut sacks) of which there are also 3 fake ones. Choose the wrong Killer with one of the 3 fake keys and fake hatches then all 4 generators reset.
    • If by any chance you manage to get off the hook you spawned in on and escape the ring of face camping Killers, sneak up on the one with the real key strapped to their nut and take it, then find the right hatch strapped to the right killers chest you must then start a jarring 30 minute skill check grind with 0.googolplex mm susses zones that trigger every 0.googolplex times a second.
    • If you complete all that and escape all 4 killers /cry to the forums bleeding tears of napalm, burning the forums down till Survivors are removed from the game for being OP and they turn it into an empty lobby simulator.

Yeah that'd be totally fair and balanced.

• Lateral
    edited January 2019

@weirdkid5 said:

@Lateral said:

Game already has Far too much Killer hand-holding in it. Can barely even bring myself to log in these days as it is seldom an enjoyable experience. babying killers even more would only make the game even more miserable if that's even possible at this point.

• weirdkid5
    Lateral said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Lateral said:

Game already has Far too much Killer hand-holding in it. Can barely even bring myself to log in these days as it is seldom an enjoyable experience. babying killers even more would only make the game even more miserable if that's even possible at this point.

The hell you talking about? The game holds the hand of Survivors far more lmao I just think you're blaming the game for your lack of escape ability. I legit have no issues in this game as a Survivor. Sounds like mad cause bad
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@weirdkid5 said:
    Whispers doesn't always help against really stealthy survivors, I can tell when a Killer is using it and change my strategy accordingly by remaining on the move. You guys shoulda played more MGS. You shouldn't be required to use a perk to fix ######### game design anyway.

That's BHVR's philosophy honestly. If it's #########, just make a perk to "fix" the problem rather than actually fixing it.

Whisper + Stridor...

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

se05239 said:

Why exactly?

I thought I was the only conspiracy "devs aint getting money from doing it so it ain't worth it" forum-goer here.

• weirdkid5
    Arroz said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Whispers doesn't always help against really stealthy survivors, I can tell when a Killer is using it and change my strategy accordingly by remaining on the move. You guys shoulda played more MGS. You shouldn't be required to use a perk to fix ######### game design anyway.

That's BHVR's philosophy honestly. If it's #########, just make a perk to "fix" the problem rather than actually fixing it.

Whisper + Stridor...

Bruh dont even start when Survivors have DS and SC.

Also, this combo doesn't matter to me. I'll still lead the Killer around on a wild goose chase making him wish he never took Whispers. Play more MGS
  • MhhBurgers

@Arroz said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Whisper + Stridor...

Yeah that sounds totally viable when killers who want to be able to end chases need bamboozle and BBQ for purple addons already, ruin taking the third slot. How about just not being toxic and leaving the ######### game even if the killer was toxic.

• Arroz

@MhhBurgers said:

@Arroz said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Whisper + Stridor...

Yeah that sounds totally viable when killers who want to be able to end chases need bamboozle and BBQ for purple addons already, ruin taking the third slot. How about just not being toxic and leaving the [BAD WORD] game even if the killer was toxic.

Im not toxic. You just need to sacrifice a slot and stop crying in forum about you got teabagged.. Typical on freddy mains.

• MhhBurgers

@Arroz said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Arroz said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Whisper + Stridor...

Yeah that sounds totally viable when killers who want to be able to end chases need bamboozle and BBQ for purple addons already, ruin taking the third slot. How about just not being toxic and leaving the [BAD WORD] game even if the killer was toxic.

Im not toxic. You just need to sacrifice a slot and stop crying in forum about you got teabagged.. Typical on freddy mains.

staying hidden after both gates are open to waste time nad hold the killer hostage is a bannable offense, end of story.

• Arroz

@MhhBurgers said:

@Arroz said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Arroz said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Whisper + Stridor...

staying hidden after both gates are open to waste time nad hold the killer hostage is a bannable offense, end of story.

Yeah, I remember of one pig close me for all the match and I reported she.. I dont know why surv do that, when the exit gate is open I wait for my friends and move on to other game.. It's just stupid

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

Not sure how effective this would be.....but, Identity 5 has a system in place for such an issue.

Instead of our usual inactivity crows that alert the killer when we are standing still for too long.

They have a stronger version, which causes crows to alert the killer if you are not working on decoders(generators), or the doors within a certain amount of minutes.

This timer resets if you get within the killer's terror radius. Also, once the doors are activated, the crow alert timer is decreased...making it more likely for you to be noticed.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Killers have almost no range of interaction; they hit, follow, hit and hook. Unless the Dev's give them more they can do, every benefit is being funneled into the most basic actions peformable. I don't want to call it hand holding as there is no other area of the killer arsenal to adjust. You can say that things just make it easy to down survivors but where is the alternative to balance around survivor versitily and strength? Keep in mind this is a single individual that must pressure 4 independent opponents.