Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Haddo is killer sided now

2»

Comments

• AykDanroyd
    AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232
    edited April 2022

I don't know how that was possible when the fences were high (certainly higher than they are now) and you couldn't see where the survivors were on the other side other than the vault spots). I definitely remember hitting survivors through the vault spots but not through the solid fence parts. Unless you mean the smaller fences. I don't think I ever tried hitting through those before, or if I did, I forget.

These tall fences on the old map are the ones I was mainly referring to btw:

I remember there were smaller ones on the front yards of the houses. The new map only has the smaller ones from what I've seen so far, even between the various properties/houses on the map (on the sides of the houses), whereas before I believe the small fences were only on the front yards while the taller fences divided the properties on the sides of the houses.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

The backyards, front yards have pallets. On this map the survivors actually have to try and conserve pallets which is how all maps should be. To many maps survivors can just predrop pallets and all 5 gens will be done. There are still strong windows to use in the houses as well.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Main building is literally a double basement. They learned nothing from old Thompson house.

I agree there are a few good vaults there, but nothing says the killer has to take those chases. And the top tier killers are going to hit you there no matter what anyways. Most M1 killers should probably be running bamboozle as it is since god windows are nothing new vs M1 killers. Even a killer with a modest amount of anti-loop (Demo, Pinhead, etc) is going to be able to shut down the houses pretty easily.

If those vaults didn't exist the map would have literally nothing. It already basically has nothing against someone like Pyramid Head, who needs to be given god pallets for any sort of chase extension if he is good.

The map is too small for immersion as well. Only a blendette is going to be able to hide on it, and even then if they need to cross the middle for whatever reason it's over. I will probably be putting floods of rage on when I offer it, for the map-wide wallhacks. Totally busted lol

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

It’s pretty good now for killer no doubt you can see from one side of the map to the other gens are a lot closer and some loops are gone but the houses are still super strong with good stealth.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

I disagree and will not elaborate since I am doing wintertodt atm

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

Bro are you high? Dead dawg saloon is the only other map that encourages stealth as much as reworked haddonfield

• Rooftopper
    Rooftopper Member Posts: 141

its balanced

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
    edited April 2022

Considering that 3 gens like this exist, there is definitely a argument to be made that Haddonfield could use a lot more then just a few tweaks

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

Dbd players never are satisfacted