So I guess cheating is still a thing even after ban wave

Options
semm88
semm88 Member Posts: 27

I had such a boring and disgusting game against a team of cheaters. I had 2 guys that I could barely catch up with even when in Frenzy with legion. But that was not the issue, the issue was that these guys were so bad and could not finish the last gen so I literrly had to afk and let them finish it because the game was 30min long, boring and disgusting.

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

Yes, it's still a thing shortly after the Ban Wave, the companies who are selling these Cheater products were tipped off instantly because when you install the hack client it saves your steam ID into their database and they can instantly see who's banned this was all confirmed via Choy in his video he talked with someone involved in that space. It's an arms race. Behaviour catches on, and then they catch on; this will be a back and fourth until Behavior has hit them where it really hurts.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options
  • Basement_Bubba420
    Basement_Bubba420 Member Posts: 397
    Options

BHvR should just shadow ban cheaters instead of explicitly banning them.

Place them in lobbies with other cheaters or bot killers/survivors. Don't tell them anything and slowly phase in the frequency at which they are placed in these lobbies so its really hard to tell the difference.

After a few months of them being placed in such lobbies issue the ban wave.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

That is pretty much how you do it but that's assuming they're in Canada or the US.

• semm88
    semm88 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Another match, another cheater. 2 things I noticed, the guy runs so fast to blind me when im carrying a survivor and on top of that blinded me through the wall of the shack. I have not seen that one before. After that happened I just DC and left the match, and ofc it was funny for them and the trash talking began. Like go play minecraft, you are a bot etc. The funniest things is though that most of the cheaters are survivors. I rare had a match where I would suspect the killer is cheating, maybe it is harder to notice, I dunno.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

yes its like they have Hope all match

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,204
    Options

Actually you can get blinded through certain spots at shack but it depends on which shack, I can hit saves through the closed off window at shack on the side basement stairs usually spawn and sometime there are cracks you can get it through, there's also one on the basement stairs wall of every spawn but it's harder to angle , I'm not saying they weren't cheaters but it is possible to get saves through certain walls

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

Cheating will always be a thing. It's an arms race.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,221
    Options

Only idiots wouldn't notice they are always against the same names ... oh, wait ...