Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Haven't seen a single Ghostface

2ยป

Comments

• Martine1979
    Martine1979 Member Posts: 58

I've seen couple of Ghostfaces under my short stay as a new player within DbD game, and all games i get killed but its fun game every time because i got scared every time he get close. lol

When i play this game i try also to RP when i am playing to make it more like a movie. I sometimes bring me soda and potato chips when i play on evenings to make it feel like i both watch and play a horror movie. :D

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

You can have some of my Ghostfaces. I've seen too many.

It's getting to the point where I just stay on the gen, take the exposed hit, give up on hook, and move on.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I haven't had any. I'll swap you a few legions for one

• phant0mthi3f
    phant0mthi3f Member Posts: 47

What about the 3 weeks prior when everyone was already saying this was a problem

• fernandosilveirasc
    fernandosilveirasc Member Posts: 37

The reason is he still is the same basically. The add ons do little to change that. Also between the 2 reworked killers, legion is now very different to play as and seems to be the go too.

• Floki_Doki
    Floki_Doki Member Posts: 18

Unfortunately I saw this coming, as someone that used to main GF, when I saw the changes at first it was like "hype? maybe?" But the further I read it was plain to see that none of this changed his core issues that make him difficult and very frustrating to play. Plus they hardly changed his chance music...it's pretty grating

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

After a few games as GF some of the buffs are nice and the addons are kinda interesting (neither to the extent of how much improved legion is) but he's always gonna be my least favourite stealth killer to play just because I don't like survivors deciding whether I get to be in stealth or not. I'll even take pig even with her slow and clunky crouching over that any day.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

Awful theme + still very weak + his "rework" feels like a slight addon overhaul more than anything else

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

While I do not play GF a lot - I just can't with his music. Unfortunately Legion was.. WAS...one of my mains until the new music came out - it is LOUD. I tried playing Legion the past few days and the music is great, but WAY too loud...so unless they reduce his music volume - my Pink Bunny Legion will sit shelved and collecting dust.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

GF needed way more. Pretty sure this is it for him, unfortunately.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

No matter how you spin it being revealed as gf is always gonna suck. Espicially when survivors have such a massive view point to see you. While as gf you are always wary of how much can be seen.

The chase music is thankfully getting toned down. Thanks @Peanits . But there has to be someway to mitigate the reveal frustration espcially since survivors have so much time to reveal you as stalk builds very slowly outside of iri add on even with lean.

Drop knife kneedrop is a fantastic addition and it would be nice if a weaker version of it was base kit. Side note swf (yes i know people want to play with there friends) really neuter his ability to stay in shroud as the number of angles your being revealed from is obnoxious.

The counterplay on reveal is too strong and it creates some terrible feel bads moments at such regular intervals. The closer gf is the stronger his stalk should be imo.

• gfmain
    gfmain Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2022

this.

this is exactly what i was looking for. pretty much most, if not all the points made here is what i agree with/what the deal is with ghostface right now. i think that, going off of his background lore and the nature of ghostface, he should be one of, if not, the stealthiest, most cunning killer to go up against.

being revealed shouldn't matter to him (too much), he is still a killer that is stalking you and will kill you. I shouldn't have to have all my power be reduced to just staring alone, or be easily, completely taken away by being seen. in typical movie fashion, survivors should be scared if he suddenly appeared to them.

i like the idea of his stalking working in tiers so passive things will happen, while still retaining his expose and stealth mechanic. you can liken it to building up fear/ suspense in the survivors imo (like the movies :D). he would be a build up/stealth killer so he gets stronger/faster(?) or something as the trial goes on (kinda like nemesis i think?)

this already sounds like he would be a fun and scary killer to play as/against. i hope the devs really consider this guys points :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

next section is about a few of ghostfaces addons i had in mind, you can skip to the end if your tired of this long post now

on a slightly unrelated note. i really think there are 3 of his addons that still needs buffs/rework.(bear with me ๐Ÿ™)

i feel that his addons "chewed pen" and "lasting perfume" are quite weak (they increase for downed/hooked survivors (respectively) to reveal him to 3 seconds).

if the survivor is downed, your next focus is likely to be picking them up safely without being interrupted, not trying to go for another sneaky expose. if the survivor is hooked, then you would likely be looking for the next survivor somewhere. if theres another survivor(s) close to the hook going for the unhook or something, then of course you would go after them/hit them trying to unhook. my point is, these 2 addons are centered around the fact/situation that you are in stealth/stalking trying to build stalk while being very close in vicinity to the downed/ hooked survivors, who are also looking directly at you to reveal you.

ghostface mains aren't dumb, they know not to use night shroud around downed/hooked survivors because they will be revealed or given away in comms at least. if you are a new ghostface player, you may discover this to happen, but you will learn not to do it again.

my suggestion is, similar to the legions ptb addons frank and julies mixtape (i think), you should combine these addons into one and make it so that downed/hooked survivors are unable to reveal you. my logic is that its because they are very hurt and weak because they're on the ground dying, or have a hook going through their chest so they wouldnt be able to scream or something. (im not sure what addon icon/lore would go along with this, if not then maybe create a new icon? idk)

the 3rd addon i think is weak is his "drivers license" addon (it reduces the range that ghostface can be revealed by 8 meters). the update to how his reveal mechanic works already nerfed him, and the reduction by 8 meters barely helps (his reveal mechanic is another issue I'm not going to go in depth here). Otzdarva said on his stream the day of the ptb (i cant post the link due to forum rules, but its on april 5th, 33:30 ish) that it was garbage and showed the actual range with with and why it isnt too helpful. based on the description of the addon, i think it should be change/be reworked so something substantial may happen when trying or succesfully revealing ghostface. (throwing random ideas out here, maybe if a survivor reveals him, the other survivors will have their auras shown for a second or 2, or maybe it builds up their stalk by a little bit? idk its just some random suggestions)

on a very small note here, i think it would help for stealth killers/tactics in general if the undetectable status is buffed so that it completely mutes your sound like footsteps and stuff, i know some killers are really loud walking even with undetectable.

alright, that's all the thoughts and stuff i had on ghostfaces new update (for now? idk). let me know of any feedback/questions if you have any :) it would really help.

edit:added where to find otz clip on DL addon

Post edited by gfmain on
  • buzzaman
    buzzaman Member Posts: 119

I dont need my ears to bleed.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2022

Could you give him more fitting music?

I get he's not officially Screams Ghostface, so you can't just adapt the Scream music. But at least have music that says "90s slasher fic" instead of "cyberpunk-deathmetal-dubstep rave"

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Exactly. It's been a really long time since his release, 3 years, idk if you know this but even in his own launch PTB he was a different killer from what he is now. He was already forced to be changed due to how bad he was in his own PTB and here we are now 3 years later with no further improvement to GF while the game got new things through those 3 years, he's stuck in time and BHVR doesn't seem to care enough.

I've already written alot in the Feedback part of the forum about GF changes for anyone interested in searching. Idk if BHVR has any plans for GF beyond what they've done for now but if they do i'd hope at least they'd acknowledge it. Their communication is very poor so i don't have my hopes up for anything.

I'll just say this: IF Sadako can have TV's around passively affecting survivors; if Pinhead can have the box passively affecting Survivors; why can't GF have camera's placed around for passive stalking and/or tracking survivors? Even if it takes longer to stalk this would ensure that between passive and active stalking GF could pull more surprise 1 shot downs and make his gameplay more fluid.

There's just too much potential with GF that is just not being used.

• gfmain
    gfmain Member Posts: 5

@lemonsway let me know what you (or anyone else) think of this power rework/buff idea I thought of when looking through a post of yours. It's not perfect, but I think its a better approach for ghostface at least

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931708/#Comment_2931708

• I_Majima
    I_Majima Member Posts: 1

As a huge scream fan and a ghost face main I'm extremely bummed out with his reveal mechanic being changed. His add-ons are fun, but it has become very unplayable with how easy and fast he gets revealed. It completely kills my motivation to play the game anymore since he was the only killer I enjoyed even though he wasn't that great to begin with. I'm putting the game down for now, which really bums me out to all hell. But it is it what it is.

• EmberPhantom
    EmberPhantom Member Posts: 7

Glad to see people talking about how his new reveal mechanics have actually made him worse to play. I'm a GF main and ever since the new patch I can BARELY get any stalks off with him. Not to mention getting fully revealed by survs that I can't even see???? Half the time my Killer Instinct pops and the survivor is nowhere to be found.

Also the fact that crouching doesn't stop/reset reveal progress. Like what's the point? I know his reveal mechanics were inconsistent before (for survivors) but now it's consistent in a bad way (bc it's stupidly easy for survivors to reveal him now). His nightshroud power used to be extremely useful in early game to sneak up on Survs and grab them off gens but now I can't even do that without getting revealed by someone on the completely opposite side of the Gen.

I do appreciate the reworked add-ons but after a few days of playing him, there are still only a handful that are actually viable--especially with the state of his reveal mechanics. A lot of them only work on Marked Survs but dudes, I can barely mark anyone so there's no point in running them.

Best change to him was honestly the extended marked duration. Tbh it should've always been 60 secs but better late then never. I really do hope you take a look at the reveal mechanics (again) bc playing him as just an M1 killer is no fun. He deserves better.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I think you can still interupt reveals like before, you just can't do the thing I would see a lot of GF players do where they'd just tbag spam over and over to keep repeatedly resetting it

If you duck into cover, then duck back out it does reset it after a small buffer

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Played 3 games since update, all 3 were against you know you. The fecking kids

Not seen a GF yet