Which killer has the scariest power?

Options
Bennett_They1Them
Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

Also, please share a story explaining why you're picking them.

edit: Deciding Poll! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/321612/whos-the-scariest-killer

Post edited by Bennett_They1Them on

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Artist is among the "scariest" Killers in the game, as you're never safe against her

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited April 2022
    Options

i remenber back when spirit used to have a addon that makes her Phasing totally silent , was scary but broken as hell.😅

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Hillbilly has always scared me the most, but I don't think it's bc of his power but rather his way of moving and revving his chainsaw so i don't think it counts ?

Wraith always makes me very anxious (and annoyed) to go against bc i literally can't see him when he's invisible

Myers in T1 and Ghostiface also make me nervous and hyperware, but ghostie probably takes the gold bc you can get exposed without even knowing you're going against him (unlike Myers who has to go through T2 and notifies you with music when he reaches it)

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

For me it’s a tie between all the killers who can insta-down you. Whether it be immediately (Billy/Bubba), or they have to tier up (GF/Meyers). If they catch you off guard or in a dead zone, your screwed. No 2nd chances.

• Rokjer
    Rokjer Member Posts: 169
    Options

Scarie ? None. I'm too used to the world of horror to be scared of anything. Even a Myers Scratched Mirror on Lery.

However, the power of the Twins manages to make me feel uneasy. I find it quite oppressive, not least because of the general killer soundscape - and also because of that little ######### that moves way too fast.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

Every single time I get grabbed by a Ghostface I wasn’t expecting I can feel a year being shaved off my lifespan

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Oni

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Tinkerer Oni surely. I catch loads off guard and I bet is must make them jump somewhat.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

What are you classifying as scary?

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Probably Ghostface. Knowing that you could suddenly become exposed at any time and not knowing when he's nearby can be pretty scary. His small stature and ability to damage out of stealth with no warning make him pretty damn scary.

I remember one time in particular I was repairing a gen in a kind claustrophobic area and I wasn't sure who the killer was yet. Wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, and out of absolutely nowhere, my ears get blasted by that "you've just been grabbed sound effect" and I'm being ripped off the gen I was working on. I actually screamed.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

hag, for sure.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

Onryo for sure. Especially if you get her on Lery's or something and she's got some passive phasing addons.

Maybe not the most threatening but definitely the most spooky in a phasmophobia sort of way. Nothing like seeing a ghost practically teleporting down a dark corridor towards you.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Oni for sure. He literally sees all other bloodlines as inferior, and to him you are literally nothing more than human garbage. His power is literally his "desire to crush all other bloodlines shaped into a literal force". He is intimidating, a monster, and he'll make jelly from your eyes.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

anxiety, fear, discomfort, and/or major jumpscare inducing.

• ActualCasual
    ActualCasual Member Posts: 36
    Options

I've only seen less than 5 onryos and I never have a clue what they're doing or where they are

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

hag, you never see her enough for it to wear off, and then if she has shackles its even worse

• Blasphemy_Kitten
    Blasphemy_Kitten Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hmmm. If I go with killers that give me anxiety going against because of their power, definitely Oni or Meyers, occasionally Bubba.

Though, too many times have I legitimately yelled out of fear due to jumpscares from Ghostface and especially Hag.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Sadako then. She's the only killer that consistently jumpscares me and makes me somewhat anxious while playing.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

Nemesis. Nothing like going around a corner to be downed by a zombie you didn't know was there.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2022
    Options

Nothing compares to the chainsaw.

The sound, the down, the fun. #1

SAW IS FAMILY

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Mikey. Whether its tombstone, jump scare, or just small terror radius builds in general like Monitor and dead rabbit.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Silent bell wraith on indoors maps always makes me jump. I have actually spilled a little bit of coffee I was drinking while repairing a generator on the meat plant.

• buzzaman
    buzzaman Member Posts: 119
    Options

Hag scares the ######### out of me

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

A Ghostface that sneaks up on you when you're working in a jungle gym generator...

Spirit can be scary, just because you just never know for certain when she phases. I usually just stop repairing a gen for a few seconds when I hear the phase. I've been caught off guard plenty times before that I know better now.

Myers for the same reason Ghostface is, but in Tier 1 only. Stealth/jump scare Myers are awesome to play against though.

Hag can be as well, especially when you go through an area you don't expect a trap to be at.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Ghostface 100%.

The fact that you can get so used to his terror radius but still feel paranoia when you don't is massive.

I have screamed aloud many, many times while facing him - getting stabbed as he lunges from the dark with not but that blank white mask to punctuate his presence.

Scares my wife more than it scares me - as she sees me screech loudly, reel in my chair, have a heart attack, and reach out to her in agony.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Jumpscare Killers still get me, Leatherface I feel afraid but, it's still fun to go against, Hillbilly a little, and Blight sometimes.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 808
    Options

Scratched Mirror Myers is the only option. I got used to all jumpscares in this game, except this one...