Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

To Killers (and Survivors) - Please stop BMing

This is your weekly PSA to stop BMing each other so we can break the cycle and avoid making toxic players, so we can get out of this rotten simulation.

I'm kidding, not really. But anyways, I noticed after playing many hours of DBD that it's just not fun anymore.

Killers will run NOED and BM because of it. Killers will camp and tunnel you for 5 gen chases, then down you with NOED after adrenaline procs. Killlers will hit on hook and shake their heads after downing you, with or without NOED and act entitled because of it.

As for playing with toxic solo queue survivors, it's not fun to play with clickers and teabaggers - bring your sht somewhere else. What makes it worse is that the killers will take it out on the teammates as well, like I ain't with them please T__T

I play DBD mobile cs I'm broke but like... it's literally the same as the core gameplay in which there is still toxicity. And that's why this game isn't fun. If DBD mobile had MMR like PC and console, maybe it would be better - obviously not the toxicity but gameplay wise. Like maybe if there was MMR on mobile, I won't face killers that suck and BM ?

But then again, my expectations are too high. I just get disappointed in matches cause I always wish for the best and that this match will be a good one, the matches make it even harder to be a good person. :,(

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels like that. I just get so tilted and mad cause the matches turn out unfair or I'm tunneled out, left behind because of NOED when it could be cleansed. I really try to be a good teammate and save my teammates, help them out during endgame by 99ing the gates, coordinating the save with my team. Then when NOED procs on me, I get none in return. Then I just get so mad at both the killer and my teammates.

I just wanna play with my friend, have fun, and not rage T__T

Comments

• CryptoMiner
    CryptoMiner Member Posts: 49

asking people to stop bm'ing is like asking people to stop breathing. Good luck with that.

• xoxbelleee
    xoxbelleee Member Posts: 19

Not with your negativity it won't. People will always BM, I already know that. Just posting a discussion how the game can be frustrating and if people relate then okay, if you don't gaf then carry on as well. LMAO.

• CryptoMiner

no i also cannot stand the constant toxicity of players in this game. But asking them to stop isn't going to make them stop.

• xoxbelleee

I'm not actually asking them to stop, it's just part of my title. This was more of a rant. And I wasn't expecting people to stop either, you don't have to tell me twice.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

Playing the game certain way is not a bad manner. Post game chat profanity -- is, but not gameplay.

• buzzaman
    buzzaman Member Posts: 119

I have a simple solution: Just dont care. People who feel the need to BM you in a video game probably have nothing else going on in their lives to exert power.

• xoxbelleee

Camping and tunneling can be a strategy so I agree with you there. But it definitely can be BM getting hit on hook or head shakes while you're downed from NOED. Mobile doesn't have endgames chats like PC, but people who get too overconfident love spamming GG and stickers. Usually, I just press GGWP and leave. Sometimes if it's an evened game where we had a good chase, there's this little wholesome moment where we use GG and Well played! I live for those the most, I think that's what keeps me going over the toxicity :)

• xoxbelleee

You're definitely right. I try to laugh it off most matches, other times I get tilted but I feel better after a break. Sometimes people BM to power trip but it is what it is. There will be bad games and good games so it's better to shrug it off.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

on xbox there is no end game chat as well. people just rush to your personal messages to wish you something awful xD

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

Be happy you don't have mmr in mobile, every match is a sweat fest with it. Especially playing killer is much harder as you get teams that do all gens in 4 mins with full meta builds, as a result killers start going afk to reduce their mmr.

• CryptoMiner
  • xoxbelleee

Oh god HAHA, that's kinda hilarious and sad xD

I played DBD on xbox a while back and I remember this piggy slugged me, I was a bit confused cause she kept looking around and then closed hatched. My adrenaline procs and I was opening exit till she downed me. She messaged me and was like "Sorry I was looking for a gnome." I just wanted to hug her cause if she let me open the gate, that's when the gnome spawns :( I would've stayed behind too.

• xoxbelleee

That does sound nightmarish to me, sweaty matches can be fun but it really depends. I feel like if it's well matched, the match has great energy. But if it's pure sweat, then I'd rather not with MMR LMAO.

• xoxbelleee
  • Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

As a survivor main I'll reply to some points -

1. Certain killers will camp and tunnel me regardless of BM or not. I can run a Bubba for 4 gens straight (yes I'ma use a lot of pallets, but what do you expect). They'll catch me at the end or near the end and face camp me on hook like its their personal victory. Even when I don't BM or do anything to deserve it. Point is - some people take pleasure in playing like this and ruining someone's chance of survival.
    2. Only killers I actually teabag are the ones who camp/tunnel and fail horribly. Like they had one duty, and they failed at it. If I get out or get to the exit gates, you failed. And I will make sure to let you know you failed. Employ cheap tactics and fail, you definitely deserve to be made fun of.
    3. I never teabag or flashlight bait killers if I know they're playing fair. The problem is, A LOT of killers proxy camp or immediately come back to the hook when you save or get saved by someone, despite you taking your time or waiting for the killer to go away. These killers for the most part fall into the same category as #2. They aren't great killers, they know it, and they want the easiest kill possible which is either the person who just came off the hook or the person who just unhooked them and TRIED to heal them.

Also teammates can suck. I had a match for exxample today, where 1 guy did everything he could to help others who were caught and brought to hook, he'd flashlight and disable the hook they're being brought to. Guess what? He was tunneled out. And when I tried to help my fellow teammate at end-game who had been hooked while gate was opened, I still went for the save. Got them to safety but the killer got on me, and the 3rd teammate was just standing behind a wall watching. I made it to the exit gate and got downed, I would have made it if the 3rd teammate (who was fully healed) just bodyblocked. But they were more selfish and just wanted to get out alive. So instead of 3 people getting out alive, 2 people did.

Etc etc.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

At high mmr it is just Nurse and Blight every game cuz they're the only ones that can compete. And as killer you'll get Dead Hard, DS, BT, IronWill/COH on all 4 survivors. It's a very frustating experience. That's why the community hates mmr, mmr has no place in an unbalanced game like dbd. They recently "reworked" mmr but things are still the same (if you didn't know).

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I just wish people would end the game.

If you find the hatch, jump in. Do not stand there and wait for the killer to find you.

If you are at the exit gates, just leave. Do not spam fast vault animations near the exit gate trying to get the killer's attention.

If you are the killer, hook the last guy. Don't stand over him staring at him.

• Devilishly_Rowdy

Stop being a survivor main for like 2 weeks and play killer, you'll realize why the (strategic) proxy camp and tunneling happens. That 8 hooks and 4 man escape thing isn't fun, cuz the killer looses to gen speed.

• xoxbelleee

I definitely see some of your points. I think dropping palettes for Bubba when he's chainsawing is totally fine, there's no point in greeding palettes. Also, I'm kind of fine with it if survivors BM killers who BMed first. But sometimes, I feel bad cause they're probably really pissed just as much as we are. But it is satisfying to watch on youtube when killers get karma or when survivors get karma for BMing. But yea, teammates can suck especially solo queue. But playing with friends can still be frustrating, I think I rage more xD

Sometimes we have this plan in our heads at how endgame is gonna go, but depending on the teammates - it's just never perfect or turns for the worse.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

I play killer too, dude. I'm a rank 2 survivor right now and a rank 5 killer (I took a 3 month break). I'm not amazing or anything but I try my best to not proxy camp. Ofc if people go for instant saves while I'm still in the area, thats another thing. But I normally always leave the hooked area to go patrol gens. I know how it feels when I'm survivor and the killer just patrols the person on hook, as if Kindred doesn't exist and we can't see them lol.

Again, its nothing complimentary. Its a cheap way to get people killed as you know people have to unhook their teammates if they want to better their chances for end game. The only real counter to it is if everyone is in a voice chat and can counterplay that with efficiency; although 1 person is likely to die at least in that strat sadly.

• xoxbelleee
    edited May 2022

I've never gotten blight on mobile because I think he's unavailable but nurses on mobile are just as sweaty in red ranks. This nurse hit me when I didn't even get to load in and instadowned me, I was so sad like miss mam please wait.

I feel really bad for killers who get bullied in MMR, some survivors even before MMR would purposefully derank themselves just to bully baby killers. I've heard they reworked it but I'm not sure how exactly, only heard from the content creators I watched that it was being fixed.

• xoxbelleee

That can be infuriating for both sides. I don't see the point in waiting at the gate or hatch if you're the last person. And I also don't see a point in letting survivors bleed out especially when everyone is slugged, it's just slow and painful :( I'd rather go to next game at that point.

• xoxbelleee

I think it's perfectly fine to drop palettes when Bubba chainsaws, sometimes you can greed the loop but not for long. And I think what you mean by some killers playing like this, sometimes they've probably gotten BMed and resorted to this type of playstyle. It's not something survivors want, but tunneling and camping can be valid - just annoying and heartbreaking at times :,(

Also, I'm kind of okay when survivors BM killers who BMed first - kind of like bad karma. Those are satisfying to watch on youtube, like killers get karma or survivors get karma for BMing. I feel a little bad sometimes when teammates do it after tunneling because the killer must be raging inside, but at the same time I see why the survivor who was tunneled clicked.

And yea, solo queue is f-king rough. I actually play with my one friend and I think I rage more at her than anyone else tbh LMAO.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited May 2022

Just watched a streamer bm and tease low rank killers by smurfiung. There was no way they should have had the killers they were getting without side loading new accounts (the 3 swf buddies) to cheat mmr, or spending their life de-ranking off stream.

• xoxbelleee

Unfortunately, a lot of swfs enjoy doing this to baby killers. I'm not sure why but I always thought they did it to make themselves feel better about themselves. Before MMR, they derank purposefully. And with MMR, maybe they stood still and did jack sht. IDK but it's not nice for sure.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

I don't bm as a surv.

And i bm as a killer by stomping you into the fog.

That's the joys of being a older gamer, you can ignore children and see the "bm" for what it is. NA NA NA NA you can't get me.

• xoxbelleee

Pretty sure the game is 18+ and youngest are teens, some people act immature mostly in endgame chat for sure. And I'm not sure what you fully mean either, but I think you mean that survivors being toxic just BM because they think you can't down them. Then by all means, do what you gotta do right?

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

I live and play with the golden rule in mind.

“Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself”.

I never BM or play toxic. If someone bully me I don’t go and bully another person. Grow up and be kind :)

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

I know, these are the worst who encourages such behaviour. There is a ton of videos like this. Not gonna name the streamer or YouTuber, but it’s pretty obvious. I don’t see the joy in doing this, but still the comments are filled with people making fun of the killer.

I try to watch streamers or YouTubers who actually have honest play styles.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

only saw one game and clicked off. I don't think it's who you are talking about, it was a nobody to me. But they did have 600 people watching who were all so into it... The culture in this game is disgusting. The stuff chat was saying was awful and one of the reasons i avoid streamers if i can.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    edited May 2022

This. As much as other things can be annoying, I HATE people who waste my time. Kill me/escape and let me go to the next one.