Killer Base Speed

Options

With the exception of the nurse there is no need for killers to be as fast as they are. EVERY survivor is 4.0 m/s, but you have like three different base speeds for killers? Then they get Bloodlust on top of that? How does that make that fair? Explain to me how a killer can have a 4.4 or 4.6 m/s speed, but survivors just get 4.0? Oh, add .2 m/s for every level of Bloodlust. That makes no sense. Make all killers base speed 4.2 with the adjusted .2 for every level of Bloodlust. That's a max of 4.6 m/s. Whoever said this game is survivor sided is out of their mind. Especially with the buffs to Ghost Face & Legion increasing their speed. So you have them at 4.6 m/s base then add on their special ability speed boosts ON TOP of Bloodlust? Explain to me how survivors can escape that?

Not all survivors are looping gods. Newer players are having issues just trying to get away and they don't understand the looping/running mechanics like seasoned players. Let's not forget the lag and ping issues when connecting to players on other platforms that cause issues in chases. Make all killer's base speed 4.2 m/s with their adjustments for Bloodlust as well as other perks or special abilities they have.

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

You obviously dont play, or rather stand in front of a killer instead of running. In a straight line, it would take 7 seconds for a killer to gain 4 meters. Do remember most chases are started at around the 16-32m range. thats ~21s to catch up, and thats assuming 4.6/s killer, with nothing lengthening chase.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited May 2022
    Options

Instead of this, normal M1-Killers should have 4,7m/s to catch up faster. They dont have a Speed-Ability like the S-Tier-Killers Blight or Nurse or A-Tier Oni. On top of that, they need to outplay pallets or need to destroy them (Pyrimidhead for example do not need this).

In the last MMR-Test-Notes, Devs told us that there is a 50/50 Winrate between Killers and Survivors at most days.

Killers play alone, Survivors mostly with friends. So alone for this, the Rate should be 60/40 to killers. If the game helps survivors even more than it does at the moment (Deadhard, BT, unfair maps with Omega-Loops etc.), there will be no killer-player around to play killers besides the Top5.

• torrigarnet
    torrigarnet Member Posts: 7
    Options

I do play. I have played both sides. I do not agree with the speed of the killers. Most of my matches involve looping and using resources, but what good are those resources and loops when the killer takes 3 steps and catches me. This isn't just a few game. This is literally almost every game. So in using resources I should be able to make some leeway or some kind of escape at some point. That's not the case. Should I just start reporting all the killers moving way too fast? That would be ridiculous. How about instead of this "deal with it noob" mentality BHVR makes a tutorial in the game alongside the other tutorials on how to help survivors loop faster. That make ya happy then? Or do I need to record EVERY match and then post it all online? I mean, I can do that, but I'm not alone in my call out on it. I've seen newer players try to play this game. I mean, really try and they can't do anything because the killers are moving at lightning speed. They give up because why even attempt a chase if it takes 2 seconds to get downed? Let's not forget the AT&T challenge where almost all of those new players instantly uninstalled the game and never looked back. Should we not be asking them why? Doesn't that open up discussion for a possible fix or better future for the game?

So we should all just stfu and take it and never say anything or call anything out when there's an obvious problem? There can't be that many hackers in this game using subtle speed hacks in 90% of the matches I get into. I have almost 800 hours played. Yes, I've been trying to work on loops and resources, but all of that means nothing when I can't make it to those resources or I'm downed in 2 seconds from start of chase. There seems to be a problem here that no one wants to address or they simply feel no need to. Why is 4.2 base for all killers a problem for all of you? It's still faster than survivors. Killers get Bloodlust adding speed to them so yes, they can catch. Survivors don't get a Bloodlust mechanic the longer they're in chase. Killers have speed enhancement perks as much as survivors do so that argument is invalid also. God forbid we bring something up to try to compromise or talk it out and figure it out. I can see why this game's population is dying.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

1 killer

4 survivors

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288
    Options

Lol

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

EVERY survivor is 4.0 m/s, but you have like three different base speeds for killers? Then they get Bloodlust on top of that? How does that make that fair? Explain to me how a killer can have a 4.4 or 4.6 m/s speed, but survivors just get 4.0?

I take it you missed that day at school where they explained 4 is greater than 1? In that, there are 4 survivors, and only 1 killer... the survivors have advantage of numbers, the killer needs an advantage too otherwise where's the balance?

• Ath4nat0s
    Ath4nat0s Member Posts: 77
    Options

"Not all survivors are looping gods. Newer players are having issues just trying to get away and they don't understand the looping/running mechanics like seasoned players"

This is the only game where devs balance around new players instead of the skilled ones.

So this argument makes no sense

And just get good tbh, M1 killers are completely unviable against high MMR survivors and you can see in YT why (Spoiler:Predrop+Dead Hard+CoH)

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

Maybe Because the Killer should have a chance to get Survivors and win a chase

The Game is already Survivor Sided and u want to have Killer Speed nerfed ? Nice Next is Why can Killer use there weapons whitout CD?🤷‍♀️

• malibu_barbie_26
    malibu_barbie_26 Member Posts: 79
    Options

Killers have 1 shots, moris, perks and iridescent add-ons. Survivors can’t escape until gens are done or they are the last one standing. That’s how it’s balanced. Increasing speed isn’t balanced in matches where survivors aren’t rewarded for winning a chase. A survivor get 1 life, I MIGHT get 2 or 3 hooks. And these days w the tunnel and camp rate so high you are doing good to get 2-3 hooks in the first 180 seconds of game play. So that 4 vs 1 easily becomes 3 v 1 which fastly teeters to 2 vs 1 (bc gens can’t get done with 1 person on hook and another in chase and the other going for the rescue ) and 1 vs1 killer always wins.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,361
    Options

The game is balanced around killers eventually ending chases successfully. Survivors are mainly trying to waste time, not actually escape, though they still can sometimes.

Even with the "crazy" movement speed they currently have, many killers, especially m1 killers still struggle in chase, they really don't need to be universally nerfed.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Threads like these, whether they're bait or someone actually believes what they're posting, are a great example of why the devs should ignore 95% of what is said on these boards. 🤦‍♂️

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

So you just want to baby new players into not learning while making the ones with brains even more powerful? Surely this is bait

• DattPugg
    DattPugg Member Posts: 30
    Options

I can think of at least a few reasons why killers are faster than survivors.

1. Killers cannot drop pallets and stun survivors

2. There aren't four killers

3. Killers cannot fast vault windows

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Her base is not 4.2 its 3.8 she is actually slower than survivors

• torrigarnet
    torrigarnet Member Posts: 7
    Options

Responses like this is why the game is on life support. There isn't even constructive criticism. 1 killer, 4 survivors means nothing if a killer is running twice as fast as all survivors and goes for insta slugs off rip. Enjoy this game being on life support. Especially after May 13th.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

I mean this game has been on life support ever since its release. Just had little bursts of life given to it with each licensed chapter.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

To be fair if you start chasing after somebody when in the range of a chase with Nurse by the time you get bloodlust you've lost almost no distance and then start gaining it lol. It's pretty funny how fast she actually moves, it's hardly any slower than survivors at all.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

Nurse is 3.8m/s I believe but with add on is possible to increase it to 4.2m/s speed. I think blight maybe should be nerfed to 4.5m/s instead 4.6m/s his power is already so strong and makes him very fast so I don't think he should be as fast as m1 killers. Spirit however should be buffed to 4.5m/s she is currently too slow with 4.4m/s at least when I play her

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

"Not all survivors are looping gods." And what about those who are looping gods? Wouldn't this be a outright buff to them?

• respecugnize
    respecugnize Member Posts: 1
    Options

Your arguing on the behalf of new survivors falls apart with the simple fact that every survivor here was a new survivor at some point

None of us entered this game and did anything other than get slaughtered in the same way that you are talking about. We were hunted down and killer relentlessly.

We hid behind skinny trees, we blew skill checks, we pre pre pre dropped pallets, we ran close to the walls and WE WERE KILLED REPEATEDLY.

But we noticed that other people were able to loop and survive. They were able to bully the Killer. They looted basement, they tea bagged, they meme'd they goofed around. They unhooked in front of killers and congo lined out for 4 person escapes. They stayed in matches and cleansed NOED

So if THEY could do it, then its possible to be done.

Your argument and theirs falls apart RIGHT THERE. END. No counter/unbeatable logic

The rest of us rose to the challenge, watched vids, paid attention to mechanics, asked questions, gained muscle memory, read forums/wikis/tool tips, grew, evolved.

We didnt want to die, we wanted to be as good if not better than everyone else. We put in the time....WE PUT IN....THE TIME

If the effort is to much for you and them, then thats it. I'm not going to give you a pep talk and tell you, you can do anything... I'm going to say there is plenty of welfare/generous things in the game that high MMR players already would like removed (I hate how killers can drag a harm box 180+ degrees, and auto hits exist and both should be taken out) so maybe the game is not for you or them

If you are struggling after 800 hours then you are not evolving. You are trying to play the game the same way you did unsuccessfully at 1 hour.

I'm, actually talking with someone right now that I talked into the game and have been teaching and playing with from 0-200h. They are night and day from that first game and I've seen clear evolution every 20h now with a big jump after the first 100.

They do not execute perfectly all the time but they know what they SHOULD be doing and on some days she pulls off god plays

Maybe you need to watch some of the great content providers (OTZ comes to mind) or find someone to teach you in real time so you can correct your game play

We all assume that time = success but I have come across a few non evolutionary gamers that have hours but just make no changes so it doesnt really matter what their count is. It exists

If you play the same way for 2000h then its not going to matter

But I can't advocate a game system being changed constantly to make it easier for new players to have fast success. Can not think of any better way to crash a game.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

Mind games give you distance. Get the killer to a spot where they want to try to be clever and be clever first. They are trying to double back or moonwalk to where they think you're going but you went the other way. Make them think they get a shortcut and when the red stain bites you change direction. Teach them they should respect pallets around you and then see how long you get them to stand there.

Usually before I've run out of tricks, assuming I pull them off, the killer doesn't want to bother with me right now. If you really run them around one set of tiles and don't need to drop a pallet then have a plan to go back there. If the killer pays attention they'll drop chase early.

Doing that may get you camped later but let's be honest and admit there were decent odds of it anyway and at least you were a pain in the butt.

It's simply break line of sight and/or make them guess wrong. Sometimes you will and sometimes you'll mind game your face right into a machete.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Survivors are faster when vaulting a pallet or window and can make distance by the virtue of the killer not making a straight beeline towards them specially when the killer loses line of sight. Not to mention pallets afford a modicum of safety against low tier killers.

And your argument boils down to its hard for new players so nerf them all. No ######### its hard for new players, they are new...