What do YOU think about CoH now?

Options
Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667

Personally, it's more or less the same on both sides - The nerf was negligible, imo

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,799
    Options

Should've been that from the start a teammate aultrism boon

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited April 2022
    Options

Ultimately inconsequential. its best its only 3 seconds more of healing healing, and at worst its like 1.6 seconds more. due to how the bonus speeds interact with other bonuses.

1. the % speed bonus should only apply when healing each other,
    2. the bonus speed should not stack with medkits, other perks, addons
    3. when self healing there is no bonus. it should heal at the same speed as self care
    4. only the original boon liter should get the bonus if they insist on keeping the bonus speed.
    5. or maybe just not make it unlimited to relit or put a really long cooldown if it gets snuffed, that way, there is actually a strategic reason for the killer to go out of their way to leave gens and patrol setup to go and hunt the boon down.
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I don't think the healing speed was the problem. Unlimited self-heals can create a spacing issue that a killer can't reasonably resolve. It doesn't matter if the heal takes 10 or 16 or 22 seconds. The issue is that the boon is on the opposite end of the map from the gens or on the second story, and that the killer has to throw the game to snuff it only for it to be re-lit an infinite number of times.

Survivor perks are hard. CoH doesn't make a huge difference in most matches. But you still have to consider what a perk is going to do in the hands of players that are really good and have good game sense. Then CoH becomes broken.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,057
    edited April 2022
    Options

#4 is the only one I don't see as a possibility since it runs contrary to how Boons otherwise work (go into Boon, get Boon effect)

My own thought has been have it buff healing Skill Checks rather than healing speed directly. Still offers a boost to healing but not one nearly as powerful as a straight speed boost.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

I like it

• Kiridus
    Kiridus Member Posts: 48
    Options

The change is good, but the main problem with CoH was that every Survivor, within its vicinity, had free Self-Care and kind of Botany Knowledge, essentially giving them six perks.

Will the perk be more bearable now? Yes. Will it still be really annoying? Probably also yes.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

It's ok, but the healing speed wasn't the issue, it was the fact that it gave all survivors infinite self care.

• Raccoon
    Options

Yeah - nerfing the speed doesn't really do anything...the healing is usually done far away enough from the killer for a few seconds to be negligible.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    Options

They also seemed to fix something in the audio so I can actually hear where it is. Seems good now.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

It is early but i liked. Perk is still strong but i did not felt it is op anymore. But we need more time for see.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570
    Options

Its absolute garbage in soloq now - better off running selfcare since it is the exact same speed now (it even says Self-Care when selfhealing in COH now LMFAO). Probably still decent in SWF tho.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited April 2022
    Options

Healing speed is vital. If the heal took 60 seconds nobody would use it since you'd be throwing the game trying to heal yourself that long. If it took 10 seconds it would be way too fast. That number makes all the difference between the perk being overpowered, ok, or useless.

I don't know if the new version with the patch today is good, bad, or in the middle but I can definitely say that exactly how long it takes to heal using that Boon is extremely important.

P.S. I only played one match today, the opponents had Circle of Healing equipped but I have no idea if they even placed it or used it, they misplayed a bit and I got a 4k with Sadako.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

So far I think COH is in a better spot, but it’s only day one so we need to wait a few more days to see if it needs anymore changes or not.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,280
    Options

I have no problem with how COH is or was, but boons absolutely should not be re-lightable infinite # times

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,365
    Options

The issue with CoH is it's endless.

That's always been in the issue. It needs a set amount of charges per bones then it fizzles and can't be rekindled.

Easy, fair.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

It's still broken. But at least Legion can now hard counter it.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options
  • Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

The problem wasn't with the speed bonus, it was with the fact they could reboon instantly.

Boons need either

A) A cooldown

You can't reboon a totem if your previous totem has been snuffed by the killer

or

B) Tokens

You have X/Y/Z tokens for your boon. Boons all share the same tokens, up to the max value.So a level 1 boon paired up with a level 2 boon would get the X tokens value. Not additive. Total. Like,. 1/2/3 tokens... Example level 1 boon with level 2 boon would get 2 tokens. Max value.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,731
    Options

It's not as good as it used to be, but BHVR keeps missing the point about why it's such a big deal, and they keep taking the simple route with its nerfs instead of listening to community feedback and trying to work something out.

Slowing down the heals doesn't change the dynamic that infinite self-care for the price of 1/16 perk slots creates, or that snuffing is almost never worth it and that survivors have bought time for their team if the killer dedicates more than 3.5 seconds to locate and snuff the boon. Having a healing station up that can never be permanently removed still hurts hit and run killers and still turns 3-gen scenarios into a lose-lose. The extra 8 seconds buys more time for the killer and slow down the game somewhat, but even now, CoH is an incredibly good perk that wins games and I see it everywhere. I don't hate it as much as I used to, sure, but I also might just be resigned to the death of hit and run at this point after months of CoH gameplay. The only thing that's genuinely changed with the healing speed nerf is that the 'drop pallets and heal in the killer's face' strategy doesn't work anymore, and that should never have been a thing to begin with.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options
  • F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124
    Options

Nothing really changed.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

This is just one of those

"We can make both sides happy in the long run with a controversial choice, but we chose to play it safe and make everyone equally disappointed." sort of thing.

They could have overhauled boons to make them higher risk higher reward, which would overjoy survivors who love to have powerful team-wide effects - while giving them significant drawbacks that the killer could exploit to remove them from the game permanently.

Survivors are happy with the buffs and value.

Killers are happy they only need to snuff totems once and can remove it from play like a Hex.

Win win.

Easy, endless boons with very minor to mild buffs, though - killers are annoyed that they crop up, and survivors are annoyed at the lack of effectiveness.

all around meh

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

The actual issues with the perk still haven't been addressed, and the nerf was a waste of time.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited April 2022
    Options

Personally, I've stopped running it as a solo. I'd rather bring a medkit and free up the 4th perk slot for DS/BT.

Post edited by Ghoste on
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

It's still one of the best SoloQ Perks.

CoH is still faster than Self-Care.

Self-healing with CoH always said "Self-Care"

• Raccoon
    Options

After a few days....

Still seeing it EVERY game.

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276
    Options

Or at least, not apply the speed boost on unlocked selfcare.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

Basically useless now when you can just bring Self Care.

• Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52
    Options

Its annoying to face as killer and boring to use as survivor. I honestly dont know how they could fix it to make it a fun and balanced perk without completly reworking it. Maybe just remove the self care option from it completly and insted make it only boost healing speeds? I still feel like that would be a waste of perk slots as you could just bring desperate measures or botany knowledge.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,496
    edited May 2022
    Options

Nothing really changed, still way too strong and in every game. It's still making hit and run killers/play styles unviable.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I think the speed nerf wasn't what was needed, and ultimately didn't change anything for SWF, and not much for solo q. I explained more in detail what i think is wrong with it here :

(long story short too much reward for not enough risk)