DC after 15 minutes results in 3 lost pips?

Options
Malicius
Malicius Member Posts: 15

I was in a match for approximately 15 minutes. I was literally 1 pip away from Iri 1 as a survivor, which is an absolute slog now with the tunnel meta.

I know I had done enough to pip up (plus I hadn't been downed yet). My internet messes up as my teammate is opening the exit gate.

I get up this morning to look, and now I've lost 3 pips (so a 4 pip swing). This was literally hours of work with survivor queues and how random the safety pip vs +1 pip seems to be once you hit the iri ranks.

So, I guess a DC after 15 minutes is the same thing as a DC in the first minute of a game because you don't like the killer. Thanks!

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,095
    Options

Yes?

The game DC'ed. You don't get credit for the game when you DC whether you DC'ed 20 seconds in or 20 minutes in.

This isn't some big secret so I'm not sure why you're shocked. It sucks if the DC wasn't your fault but that's the penalty of a DC in the vast majority of games.

• Malicius
    Options

I obviously understand. I am pointing out that it seems like an unfair punishment especially considering there is the timer punishment. You shouldn't lose pips for anything at all, especially since grades don't matter.

It will likely take hours for me to try to get those 4 pips again at iri grades.

You essentially must live for 9 minutes to pip up in almost every case. With survivor queues, tunneling killers, MMR discrepancies (like playing a new killer so you end up with a 0 or -1 because the killer can't down anyone, so you do gens and leave), a pip penalty is just ridiculous.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Fun fact, don’t DC and you won’t have this problem. This is 100% your fault.

• Malicius
    Options

I forgot how people act on forums for some reason. Yes, my internet randomly going out is 100% my fault. What kind of logic is that?

You shouldn't depip for any reason anymore, but that's besides the point. I woke up expecting a -1 but instead it was a -3. That seems excessive.

I just want to hit iri 1 so I can stop caring about grades.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,280
    Options

On top of it being a DC, which the game has no way of determining whether it was intentional or not, ranks mean absolutely nothing now

• Malicius
    Options

I know it doesn't. I am a completionist and I was wanting to do all of the achievements. I could not care less about my grade otherwise.

I don't like the way the game forces you to play to consistently pip up as killer or survivor. I don't like playing meta.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,370
    Options

It sucks but a DC is a DC. Doesn't matter if it's a manual DC or an actual loss of internet, you still ruined the game for the other players by DCing and are thus punished for it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Not when it comes to bhvr and their coding. A "leave match" DC would result in 1 pip loss. A crash could cost you 2 pips.

I haven't seen a 3 pip loss in OP's case before but this is bhvr we are talking about.

• Malicius
    Options

Thanks for at least reading what I wrote. I was 1 pip away and I 100% know I would have pipped up based on the match.

When I log on today just to check. I only have 1 left. It's just frustrating because it was a ton of work to be lost from a 15 minute DC.

Maybe the game should check how long you've been in a match before you DC. There really shouldn't be a penalty after 10 minutes or so.