Killers who Camp are why this game sucks.

Answers

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

@ThatOneGuy said:
    why do u camp and then laugh at ppl when they get toxic towards you. That in itself is being more toxic than the ones messaging you because u instigated all of it. Something needs to be done about camping it’s a no skill cheap tactic for killers who don’t know how to actually win chases or kill anyone 

How can you say that if Survivors enjoy abusing the game mechanics as well? I mean, I dislike camping and as a former Killer, I rather hunt the other Survivors

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:
    I get camping when the gates are triggered/open, or if survivors are swarming the hook. That makes total sense. This whole thing about "...securing your kill.." screams you can't hunt down another in a decent amount of time. I love playing several killers, but I can't, for the life of me, sit there and camp a hook. It is boring, it is fruitless, and I'd rather try to get another hooked before that one is off. That means 3 people off of gens.

Camping is not a legit strategy, it is a griefing style of play. Admit it, and move on. It is not bannable, but it is a crappy play style. Nobody enjoys being camped. Nobody can avoid getting hooked all the time, so you can't blame the survivor. It is just a broken style of gameplay. I can't bring myself to do it. It is so boring.

Oh well. It is what it is.

It's not hard to get at all. People want to win and camping is one of the better ways to slow the game down and help do so. It has the potential to bring 1-3 other survivors off the gens to help with the save.
    Camping is a legit strategy, it is not griefing, and you have no idea of what you are talking about.
    You do not, versus competent survivors, have time to down and hook 4 survivors 3 times each. You can claim anything you want to but everyone knows the truth. The only players you can allow unhooks at will and still win are versus the completely inept.
    You're a survivor players making untrue assertions about what is feasible in killer play to make a case for your hate for guarding a down.
    Instead of demanding killers get better at downing survivors how about you get better at not getting caught? Can't? Too bad.
    Learn to lose with grace instead. Whingeing about being camped is not graceful.
    Just admit most survivors are failures less they be killers instead and move on.

This is so completely wrong. Camping the first hook is the dumbest strategy there is. It completely requires dumb survivors to work. It is not the best way to ensure a win, it is the best way to ensure a loss, unless you are constantly deranking to camp rank 16 players that don't know better.

As for my play, I have played both, unlike many who side one or the other. I hate playing survivor because it is a boring M1 simulator. I play Trapper mostly, with a smattering of Pig, Hag, Shape, and Clown. All are lvl 50, but only Trapper is P3 because I figured out that P3 was an absolute joke. Instead, I got all the perks on Pig and Trapper and am close to all the perks on Shape and Clown. I'm considering buying Doctor...not sure why. But I thought he might be fun. EDIT - I quickly learned that killer was more fun and made the bp grind 100% less frustrating. The amount of bp gained by the killer far outweighs that of the survivor. Why play M1 simulator and grind when I can have fun and get tons of bp?

The problem is that no camper wants to admit that camping is a low-skilled way to take advantage of dumb survivors who try to rescue the camped hook. That is why they always fail against smart survivors who know better and just hammer out gens in a boring match and move on, hoping to get a decent killer in the next one.

Again, camping sucks. It is absolutely foolish to camp the first hook and is mostly done out of a want to grief. Camping the hook while the gates are activated is the complete opposite. It secures that last kill and is almost foolish to not do. That is where the entire camping argument gets lost. One works, the other is just dumb.

Scanned OP couldn’t see first hook being mentioned... think you over epiphanied first hook a bit too much there to prove a point never made 
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Toxic survivors and killers are why this game sucks.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@Paddy4583 said:
    Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

I get camping when the gates are triggered/open, or if survivors are swarming the hook. That makes total sense. This whole thing about "...securing your kill.." screams you can't hunt down another in a decent amount of time. I love playing several killers, but I can't, for the life of me, sit there and camp a hook. It is boring, it is fruitless, and I'd rather try to get another hooked before that one is off. That means 3 people off of gens.

Camping is not a legit strategy, it is a griefing style of play. Admit it, and move on. It is not bannable, but it is a crappy play style. Nobody enjoys being camped. Nobody can avoid getting hooked all the time, so you can't blame the survivor. It is just a broken style of gameplay. I can't bring myself to do it. It is so boring.

Oh well. It is what it is.

It's not hard to get at all. People want to win and camping is one of the better ways to slow the game down and help do so. It has the potential to bring 1-3 other survivors off the gens to help with the save.

Camping is a legit strategy, it is not griefing, and you have no idea of what you are talking about.

You do not, versus competent survivors, have time to down and hook 4 survivors 3 times each. You can claim anything you want to but everyone knows the truth. The only players you can allow unhooks at will and still win are versus the completely inept.

You're a survivor players making untrue assertions about what is feasible in killer play to make a case for your hate for guarding a down.

Instead of demanding killers get better at downing survivors how about you get better at not getting caught? Can't? Too bad.

Learn to lose with grace instead. Whingeing about being camped is not graceful.

Just admit most survivors are failures less they be killers instead and move on.

This is so completely wrong. Camping the first hook is the dumbest strategy there is. It completely requires dumb survivors to work. It is not the best way to ensure a win, it is the best way to ensure a loss, unless you are constantly deranking to camp rank 16 players that don't know better.

As for my play, I have played both, unlike many who side one or the other. I hate playing survivor because it is a boring M1 simulator. I play Trapper mostly, with a smattering of Pig, Hag, Shape, and Clown. All are lvl 50, but only Trapper is P3 because I figured out that P3 was an absolute joke. Instead, I got all the perks on Pig and Trapper and am close to all the perks on Shape and Clown. I'm considering buying Doctor...not sure why. But I thought he might be fun. EDIT - I quickly learned that killer was more fun and made the bp grind 100% less frustrating. The amount of bp gained by the killer far outweighs that of the survivor. Why play M1 simulator and grind when I can have fun and get tons of bp?

The problem is that no camper wants to admit that camping is a low-skilled way to take advantage of dumb survivors who try to rescue the camped hook. That is why they always fail against smart survivors who know better and just hammer out gens in a boring match and move on, hoping to get a decent killer in the next one.

Again, camping sucks. It is absolutely foolish to camp the first hook and is mostly done out of a want to grief. Camping the hook while the gates are activated is the complete opposite. It secures that last kill and is almost foolish to not do. That is where the entire camping argument gets lost. One works, the other is just dumb.

Scanned OP couldn’t see first hook being mentioned... think you over epiphanied first hook a bit too much there to prove a point never made 

I was elaborating. Camping in itself does not suck, nor is it toxic. Camping the first hook, is toxic and one of the reasons there is so much grief.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    Looping the killer at the first pallet/jungle gym found in the game for 1-2 gens is toxic and griefing.
     /s
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    People aren’t gonna be happy till there’s one hook per match and they start with exit gates open...
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019

@Warlock_2020 said:

Sure it sucks for the person being camped, but they don't matter. They should have did more to not be that person hooked. Pejoratives and rhetoric designed to make a killer feel guilty is pointless. No one cares. Feel free to do so in my game, i'll be sure and throw you a ;) and immediately close the game down to leave you to choke on your grief with no cathartic release.

• Warlock_2020

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

Sure it sucks for the person being camped, but they don't matter. They should have did more to not be that person hooked. Pejoratives and rhetoric designed to make a killer feel guilty is pointless. No one cares. Feel free to do so in my game, i'll be sure and throw you a ;) and immediately close the game down to leave you to choke on your grief with no cathartic release.

Horse crap response. It has nothing to do with doing more. Everyone gets downed sooner or later. It is impossible to avoid ultimately. The fact is, the developers put a form of gameplay in that is very toxic and very annoying to other players. It is what it is.

That, and several other issues, are why this game can't seem to grow its player base. Toxicity is built into the game.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:
    why do u camp and then laugh at ppl when they get toxic towards you. That in itself is being more toxic than the ones messaging you because u instigated all of it. Something needs to be done about camping it’s a no skill cheap tactic for killers who don’t know how to actually win chases or kill anyone 

Plenty of counters to camping, the best one is to ignore the survivor being camped and do gens and escape.

Nah sorry that’s just an a hole thing to do. At least 1 person could attempt to save them. It’s completely unfair to basically get no points for the round because u weren’t allowed to do anything 
    Assuming someone is supposed to save you is the first issue. It's not a team game. You can help each other. But you arent required.

And if you're being CAMPED and you know what it is, why would you expect anyone to try, get downed, and also hooked? That rewards the camper and further invites your rage. 

You got camped. It sucks. Move on to next game. Dont get mad that other survivors were smart enough to not come around.
  • Carpemortum
    Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@PiiFree said:
    Camping is not toxic.

It's the Killer securing a kill. A kill is an objective.

It's not the nicest and most interesting playstyle one can do but then again camping in CS or PUBG is also not the nicest and most interesting thing to do, yet people are mature enough to find a way to deal with it instead of crying out loud.

It's only in DbD where people refuse to adapt and instead rather request Mommys help.

I would argue camping in DbD is different. Mostly because how the game objectives work etc. People hate it, because like PiiFree said it's not the interesting playstyle for both sides.

@Orion said:

You failed at every aspect of the chase in order to get on the hook. It's completely fair to lose when you fail. If you didn't lose when you failed, then failure would be indistinguishable from success.

There is not camping thread without your messed up logic of failure. There are situations, where survivors can caught easy. And beeing caught once might be a form of failure, it shouldn't cost your game.

Camping is one of the design issues of this game. It's not gamebreaking, but it hinders a lot of things in DbD. Like also that the game is design with teamplay as an option in mind. It doesn't work and break the game in edge cases especially for killers. But we all have to live with it, because it's part of the game. Hooks work like the do. You can't fundamently change it.

One could simply increase the sacrifice time. Has very little impact on normal players, but gives survivors more gentime against campers.

If camping is that unfun and yet a very effective "strategy", it should be toned down to represent its skill-reward ratio. The easiest strat should NOT lead to very strong results. Same with genrush.

Increasing sacrifice time would hurt all killers. It gives survivors more time to finish a gen they are working on, before going for the unhook. I can count the times survivors unhook in the last second before the next phase.
    Those always worked very time efficient.
    And it's not a huge issue, because it's boring for both sides. I think if the general lifetime of killers get's improved without making camping more efficient, you will see it less. But it will never be gone completely.

I wouldnt want it gone completely, just better balanced. You can almost always force a win if you play scummy and camp/tunnel at the right time. Bait them from the gens and killsecure. Easy win.

About your second part, yes you're right. But doesnt that mean, that camping is currently overtuned? Because why would killers resort to camping if it wasnt the strongest play? Lets be honest, when you start to lose, the first thing you think about is tunnelcamp, cause it swings the game right in youre favor. Just gotta try and bait and not facecamp only.
    The other option, not playing around the hook, is harder to play, yet doesn't always give better results? Thats my issue, wether its buffing noncamping or nerfing camping, the gap should be closed.

Camping and tunneling at the right time? So if I see 3 people waiting at the hook, I should just leave? And then when they unhook them and i see a healthy survivor AND an injured one, you want me to waste more time for a "fresh" target? 

Sorry, but those are exactly what killers are supposed to do. Kill, and ensure their kill. 

Dont try to unhook a camped player. Dont try to lead the killer to others if being chased. Because that's what it is. Chasing. Tunneling is a made up phrase to try and make killers feel scummy about playing optimally.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Carpemortum said:
    Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@PiiFree said:

Camping is not toxic.

It's not the nicest and most interesting playstyle one can do but then again camping in CS or PUBG is also not the nicest and most interesting thing to do, yet people are mature enough to find a way to deal with it instead of crying out loud.

It's only in DbD where people refuse to adapt and instead rather request Mommys help.

I would argue camping in DbD is different. Mostly because how the game objectives work etc. People hate it, because like PiiFree said it's not the interesting playstyle for both sides.

@Orion said:

You failed at every aspect of the chase in order to get on the hook. It's completely fair to lose when you fail. If you didn't lose when you failed, then failure would be indistinguishable from success.

There is not camping thread without your messed up logic of failure. There are situations, where survivors can caught easy. And beeing caught once might be a form of failure, it shouldn't cost your game.

Camping is one of the design issues of this game. It's not gamebreaking, but it hinders a lot of things in DbD. Like also that the game is design with teamplay as an option in mind. It doesn't work and break the game in edge cases especially for killers. But we all have to live with it, because it's part of the game. Hooks work like the do. You can't fundamently change it.

One could simply increase the sacrifice time. Has very little impact on normal players, but gives survivors more gentime against campers.

If camping is that unfun and yet a very effective "strategy", it should be toned down to represent its skill-reward ratio. The easiest strat should NOT lead to very strong results. Same with genrush.

Increasing sacrifice time would hurt all killers. It gives survivors more time to finish a gen they are working on, before going for the unhook. I can count the times survivors unhook in the last second before the next phase. 

And it's not a huge issue, because it's boring for both sides. I think if the general lifetime of killers get's improved without making camping more efficient, you will see it less. But it will never be gone completely.

I wouldnt want it gone completely, just better balanced. You can almost always force a win if you play scummy and camp/tunnel at the right time. Bait them from the gens and killsecure. Easy win.

About your second part, yes you're right. But doesnt that mean, that camping is currently overtuned? Because why would killers resort to camping if it wasnt the strongest play? Lets be honest, when you start to lose, the first thing you think about is tunnelcamp, cause it swings the game right in youre favor. Just gotta try and bait and not facecamp only.

The other option, not playing around the hook, is harder to play, yet doesn't always give better results? Thats my issue, wether its buffing noncamping or nerfing camping, the gap should be closed.

Camping and tunneling at the right time? So if I see 3 people waiting at the hook, I should just leave? And then when they unhook them and i see a healthy survivor AND an injured one, you want me to waste more time for a "fresh" target? 

Sorry, but those are exactly what killers are supposed to do. Kill, and ensure their kill. 

Dont try to unhook a camped player. Dont try to lead the killer to others if being chased. Because that's what it is. Chasing. Tunneling is a made up phrase to try and make killers feel scummy about playing optimally.

No as killer you are supposed to play with your victim a little and let them escape

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

@Carpemortum said:
    Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@PiiFree said:

Camping is not toxic.

@Orion said:

Those are legit reasons to camp. What i mean is, camping as a mainstrat and not going for the nearby players, but preventing the unhook. And if unhooked, going for him while ignoring others.
    I think many survivors and also killers have forgotten how strong killers can be, if they choose to.
    A hook and a nearby slug is a win condition. A hook and 4-5 gens left is a win condition. 2-3 slugs is a win condition. If killers pulled through they can win often thourghout a game. They choose not to for the sake of fun.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

@Warlock_2020 said:

Horse crap response. It has nothing to do with doing more. Everyone gets downed sooner or later. It is impossible to avoid ultimately. The fact is, the developers put a form of gameplay in that is very toxic and very annoying to other players. It is what it is.

That, and several other issues, are why this game can't seem to grow its player base. Toxicity is built into the game.

It's not horse crap. No one cares how bad you feel in your failure. You can stomp your feet, cry a river, throw tantrums, use pejoratives, demand compassion, all of which fall upon deaf ears.
    This is the internet and more specifically a competitive gaming environment. People wish to destroy you in game, watch you suffer, and laugh at you afterwards.
    It is true that no one is perfect and all will be caught at some point, but that doesn't entitle you to a pleasant experience in failure.
    So you have to deal with it and make having that occur as little as possible your goal.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Don't complain about lack of Point gain because you were found first. Stealth is your job and failing to do so leads to getting hooked. Fact is against a camping killer sometimes save is possible & other times it's not worth the attempt. If a Wraith is camping you out there still a high possibility of getting saved versus Leatherface in the basement which is a Fool's errand if you attempt to go for the save. If you don't like being camped then put in the work to make sure you're not found first and get a feel for the killer's style.
  • Warlock_2020

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

It's not horse crap. No one cares how bad you feel in your failure. You can stomp your feet, cry a river, throw tantrums, use pejoratives, demand compassion, all of which fall upon deaf ears.
    This is the internet and more specifically a competitive gaming environment. People wish to destroy you in game, watch you suffer and laugh at you afterwards.
    It is true that no one is perfect and all will be caught at some point, but that doesn't entitle you to a pleasant experience in failure.
    So you have to deal with it and make having that occur as little as possible your goal.

Dude, I play Trapper more than anything. I don't get camped...kinda hard as the killer. Stop being so one-sided and think of the health of the game as a whole. Hard to get new players in when they are camped and tunneled from the start, mostly by smurfs.

This community...wow.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

@Carpemortum said:

pe·jo·ra·tive
    [pəˈjôrədiv]

ADJECTIVE
    expressing contempt or disapproval.
    "permissiveness is used almost universally as a pejorative term"
    synonyms:
    disparaging · derogatory · denigratory · deprecatory · defamatory · [more]
    NOUN
    a word expressing contempt or disapproval.

A good word to know. It (pejoratives) are what camping, tunneling, etc. are. You are absolutely correct in why they label them.

• Carpemortum
    edited January 2019
    Weederick said:

@Carpemortum said:
    Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@PiiFree said:

Camping is not toxic.

@Orion said:

Those are legit reasons to camp. What i mean is, camping as a mainstrat and not going for the nearby players, but preventing the unhook. And if unhooked, going for him while ignoring others.
    I think many survivors and also killers have forgotten how strong killers can be, if they choose to.
    A hook and a nearby slug is a win condition. A hook and 4-5 gens left is a win condition. 2-3 slugs is a win condition. If killers pulled through they can win often thourghout a game. They choose not to for the sake of fun.

Not going for nearby players to prevent an unhook is fine. Especially when it's terrible bait and you know they have someone else nearby. Honestly camping is perfect there, because that's 3 people not working on gens while one of those is dying. If you leave, that's 2 or 3 people that are now free and you have no idea who is doing what. 

If I see someone unhook in front of me I will 100% hit them again. I would be stupid not to. It's my goal. It's also the exact reason Borrowed Time exists. And why Breakdown recently came to be.

Now if someone decides to hit them down and then chase another, is based on circumstance. 

However, if it is painfully obvious the unhook was simply a farm, and not any actual attempt at a save, the farmer gets it. 

Also, killers can, and do win, a lot because of camping. Altruistic survivors make that possible. Any condition can be a win with the right and wrong people playing.  

Fun, however, cannot be defined for everyone. Some killers (when i play killer) play just to chase and hit and not care about a 4k, but to be the killer. Some want that 4k every game and will do whatever it takes. But fun is fun for them. And if you're not having fun, (I dont mean this in a spiteful way) perhaps change up your playstyle, or what you define as a win, and play for fun. If it's still not fun, play something else. Not because you cant accept the game asis, but because if something isnt fun for you, why bother wasting time with it?
  • Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

This is the internet and more specifically a competitive gaming environment. People wish to destroy you in game, watch you suffer and laugh at you afterwards.

Dude, I play Trapper more than anything. I don't get camped...kinda hard as the killer. Stop being so one-sided and think of the health of the game as a whole. Hard to get new players in when they are camped and tunneled from the start, mostly by smurfs.

This community...wow.

Your opinion does not represent "good" and what is best for the game. It's just your agenda placed behind a word people are familiar with. Much as mainstream scientism, a new religion based on pseudoscience, hiding its religion behind the word science.

I don't care about new players. New players are just new players. They are deserving of nothing more than not new players. One of the worse things a gaming company can do is offer protections for them as they will inevitably be exploited. I can list you dozens if not hundreds of games elaborating on that.

There are no sides here. You do not represent anything other than a person who failed at not getting caught and disliking that the person who caught you will not "let you go free, easily".

• Warlock_2020

And that is pretty much par for the course. Sad, but true. You are too stubborn in your assumptions to see what is being done.

• Tucking_Friggered

@Warlock_2020 said:
    And that is pretty much par for the course. Sad, but true. You are too stubborn in your assumptions to see what is being done.

No, I'm just not buying into a save the children argument (the new players being the children) at the expense of free unhooks for people who failed.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@ReneAensland said:

@PiiFree said:
    Camping is not toxic.

It's Toxic.
    Pathetic.
    Cheap.
    Rotten.

Stop defending camping.

Do you feel the same about looping?

If not, anything you say about camping is irrelevant

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

@Carpemortum said:
    Weederick said:

@Carpemortum said:

Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@PiiFree said:

Camping is not toxic.

@Orion said:

Not going for nearby players to prevent an unhook is fine. Especially when it's terrible bait and you know they have someone else nearby. Honestly camping is perfect there, because that's 3 people not working on gens while one of those is dying. If you leave, that's 2 or 3 people that are now free and you have no idea who is doing what. 

If I see someone unhook in front of me I will 100% hit them again. I would be stupid not to. It's my goal. It's also the exact reason Borrowed Time exists. And why Breakdown recently came to be.

Now if someone decides to hit them down and then chase another, is based on circumstance. 

However, if it is painfully obvious the unhook was simply a farm, and not any actual attempt at a save, the farmer gets it. 

Also, killers can, and do win, a lot because of camping. Altruistic survivors make that possible. Any condition can be a win with the right and wrong people playing.  

Fun, however, cannot be defined for everyone. Some killers (when i play killer) play just to chase and hit and not care about a 4k, but to be the killer. Some want that 4k every game and will do whatever it takes. But fun is fun for them. And if you're not having fun, (I dont mean this in a spiteful way) perhaps change up your playstyle, or what you define as a win, and play for fun. If it's still not fun, play something else. Not because you cant accept the game asis, but because if something isnt fun for you, why bother wasting time with it?

I dont think you get what i want to say. Camp all you want if 3 players are in your face. I am killer main after all, i know how ballsy they can be.
    I'm strictly talking about camping without reason, since you almost always win (provided you are not totally outclassed by the survivors). You can try it out yourself. Camp the first survivor you catch and use him as a bait. Dont just facecamp, give the others some hope by circling back and forth, but ultimaly tunnelcamp. You will win >90% of your matches. The only survivors who beat this strategy is 4-swf in my experience. Since they dont have to waste time checking wether the killer is camping.
    Now compare that to hard, honest work of gen pressuring and map control.

It feels like you're hitting headshots for half damage. Why even bother.

• Warlock_2020
    weirdkid5 said:

@ReneAensland said:

@PiiFree said:
    Camping is not toxic.

It's Toxic.
    Pathetic.
    Cheap.
    Rotten.

Stop defending camping.

Do you feel the same about looping?

If not, anything you say about camping is irrelevant

Yes, I think looping is a rediculous mechanic. It is easily abused and can discourage new players as well. 

We don't need an easy mode, but we do need alternatives to these bad game mechanics. We can't get solutions as long as we are only concerned about our own wants. 

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307

If the killer resorts to camping, that makes it easier for the survivors to gen rush. Use it to your advantage.

• JohnTed
    JohnTed Member Posts: 56

Just increase hooking time to 15-20 minutes. Then no killer will camp.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Someone's salty.
    Camping only works if you let it work. When it doesn't work yes one guy's game is ruined but it's honestly a rarity. The strategy is weak so unless you're at a low rank (where losing really doesn't matter) or are doing something very wrong you shouldn't be camped consistently.
    If you're being camped constantly try to play with the Kindred perk. At level 3 it will reveal if the Killer is near your hook which will let your team know not to come for you. It's also good so that your teammates don't abandon you on the hook.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

If gens took longer/survivors had another objective, people wouldn't have to camp. Some people still would just because they like doing it and are trying to piss you off, but anyone who does it strategically 1) hates it and 2) wouldn't do it if they had another choice.

• scorpio

@Orion said:

@Master said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

If the killer dont know how to actually win chases, how did you get camped in the first place?

Just curious

Obviously, due to a heretofore unseen bug, OP spawned on the hook.

I HATE when that happens!

• scorpio

@Freudentrauma said:

No, the design issues are WHY killers camp in the first place, unless they are just doing it to be toxic, which I would argue most are not. Most are just trying to get a kill in a high stress way too fast paced game that is stacked against them in every way.

• scorpio

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

Plenty of counters to camping, the best one is to ignore the survivor being camped and do gens and escape.

I hate it when people say that. The game isn't meant to be played so you die on first hook, that's why there are 3 hooks before death. Sure, you COULD leave them and win, but it would be so boring as the other 3 survivors would have no challange and only be on gens, and the killer and the survivor hooked wouldnt be doing anything. It's the most boring strat, and you win by literally boring everyone to death

Not every match is going to be super fun for every player. Just ask killers, lots of matches aren't fun for us. If you weren't meant to EVER die on first hook then you wouldn't be able to die on first hook.

• weirdkid5

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

I hate it when people say that. The game isn't meant to be played so you die on first hook, that's why there are 3 hooks before death. Sure, you COULD leave them and win, but it would be so boring as the other 3 survivors would have no challange and only be on gens, and the killer and the survivor hooked wouldnt be doing anything. It's the most boring strat, and you win by literally boring everyone to death

Just because you are able to get hooked 3 times doesn't mean you are entitled to those 3 hooks.

Just because Overwatch has the ability to go into Overtime doesn't mean the enemy team should let you freely hold the point so you have a fair shot. That's not how competition works. That's not how video games work.
  • Zombiella
    Zombiella Member Posts: 53

I will be the first to admit that being a killer main is basically like walking into and 24/7 Taco Bell with a sign around your neck that says "S**t on me!". If that's too graphic, it's like walking into a pro-wrestling match, getting in the ring and taunting the wrestlers. You get the point...

However...It's really obnoxious how many people say things like, "It's a tactic" and "Don't get caught". First of all, 'don't get caught'? Pipe tf down, you know that's the dumbest "advice", lmao. Even the best get caught, ok?
    Stop defending it; you know it's not fun and you know it spurs a lot of negativity, just like teabaggers and people who will wait at the gate for 5 minutes just to gloat. It's literally the equivalent of people who say "it's just crouching bruh". It is what it is; if you wanna camp, tunnel or teabag that's fine, but stop trying to pretend you aren't contributing to this toxic community by doing so...

There's plenty of times when the game calls for camping/patrolling/tunneling---gen rushing and/or ruin got done in 2 secs (srsly, I spawn right in front of it A LOT), no kill pressure or kills, someone was really toxic, it's late game, etc...but face camping the first person you see is some ridiculous bs and there's no excuse except maybe if you're running insidious (lol) or it's someone who you have played against who was very toxic. Otherwise, if you do it at least have the balls to admit that you're being toxic and stop trying to defend it.

When I play as the killer, I hook and leave, I make it a point not to hook the same person twice in a row except in rare situations, and I always PIP and usually kill about 2-3 mostly because I give hatch to the last guy if I feel like they played well. Perhaps that's why it bothers me so much to see people defending it.
    These are usually the same people who dodge a lobby because of SWF, or flashlights (which have been nerfed a lot and has MULTIPLE counters), or those who constantly whine about DS even though you can slug or dribble the person, or those who complain about Self Care, Exhaustion perks and/or Pallet Looping which have all been nerfed.

I've written a long enough post...
    tl;dr: stop perpetuating the toxicity and think about what you can do to be a better player instead of resorting to cheap tactics and/or blaming others and lashing out or making pathetic excuses. I'm tired of hearing, "I only play like/say/do this because they do/say/play like that." It's a stupid, nonsensical circle of poo. Knock it off. <3

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

So why you still here playing this game then.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

yeah I mean no matter how good a survivor is he/she get downed at some point in the game.remember tho people say killers are weaker then survivors even tho they faster and have deadly add on.

but really I feel like this game was meant for only killers and pro swf which sucks but it is what it is.

• weirdkid5

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

yeah I mean no matter how good a survivor is he/she get downed at some point in the game.remember tho people say killers are weaker then survivors even tho they faster and have deadly add on.

but really I feel like this game was meant for only killers and pro swf which sucks but it is what it is.

The game was originally balanced around and is still balanced around solo Survivors. Speak for yourself, I can go an entire match without even being seen let alone getting hit. Sounds to me like you are unable to reliably escape your chases.

Hint, it's not cause the Killer is OP
  • NekoGamerX
    edited January 2019

@JohnTed said:

I like this but how about the death bar doesn't go down till the killer is away(like the saying a watched pot never boils)but we need something else so survivors don't really fast unhook either if anyone got idea?

edit have idea after kill is far away entity surround the hooked survivor and there like a 10 20 or 30 sec cooldown before they can be unhooked,but in this time survivor can still try unhooking him/her self tho still 4% so yea

how that?

• Tucking_Friggered

@Zombiella said:
    I will be the first to admit that being a killer main is basically like walking into and 24/7 Taco Bell with a sign around your neck that says "S**t on me!". If that's too graphic, it's like walking into a pro-wrestling match, getting in the ring and taunting the wrestlers. You get the point...

However...It's really obnoxious how many people say things like, "It's a tactic" and "Don't get caught". First of all, 'don't get caught'? Pipe tf down, you know that's the dumbest "advice", lmao. Even the best get caught, ok?
    Stop defending it; you know it's not fun and you know it spurs a lot of negativity, just like teabaggers and people who will wait at the gate for 5 minutes just to gloat. It's literally the equivalent of people who say "it's just crouching bruh". It is what it is; if you wanna camp, tunnel or teabag that's fine, but stop trying to pretend you aren't contributing to this toxic community by doing so...

There's plenty of times when the game calls for camping/patrolling/tunneling---gen rushing and/or ruin got done in 2 secs (srsly, I spawn right in front of it A LOT), no kill pressure or kills, someone was really toxic, it's late game, etc...but face camping the first person you see is some ridiculous bs and there's no excuse except maybe if you're running insidious (lol) or it's someone who you have played against who was very toxic. Otherwise, if you do it at least have the balls to admit that you're being toxic and stop trying to defend it.

When I play as the killer, I hook and leave, I make it a point not to hook the same person twice in a row except in rare situations, and I always PIP and usually kill about 2-3 mostly because I give hatch to the last guy if I feel like they played well. Perhaps that's why it bothers me so much to see people defending it.
    These are usually the same people who dodge a lobby because of SWF, or flashlights (which have been nerfed a lot and has MULTIPLE counters), or those who constantly whine about DS even though you can slug or dribble the person, or those who complain about Self Care, Exhaustion perks and/or Pallet Looping which have all been nerfed.

I've written a long enough post...
    tl;dr: stop perpetuating the toxicity and think about what you can do to be a better player instead of resorting to cheap tactics and/or blaming others and lashing out or making pathetic excuses. I'm tired of hearing, "I only play like/say/do this because they do/say/play like that." It's a stupid, nonsensical circle of poo. Knock it off. <3

There is no defense necessary. We simply don't care about the person on the hook or how they feel. We don't care if they are enjoying themselves or not. We don't care if they get mad and quit because they lost.

You can label it poor play, bad, whatever you care too. We don't care. You will continue to be hooked and camped as the situation dictates and the only person that will ever have any bearing on that decision is the killer.

Welcome to the competitive gaming world snowflake.

• Tucking_Friggered

@Zombiella said:

Let's sum this up.

You state we should stop camping and tunneling.
    We laugh at your suggestion and tell you not a chance.
    Your move.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

Delete please, double post.

• NekoGamerX
    edited January 2019

@weirdkid5 said:
    NekoGamerX said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

The game was originally balanced around and is still balanced around solo Survivors. Speak for yourself, I can go an entire match without even being seen let alone getting hit. Sounds to me like you are unable to reliably escape your chases.

sounds like you play this time much have really good perk setup or your lucky as all hell but whatever.I win some of my chases not all and sometime at start of the game killer is really close so I don't even have time to hide.tho matches suck.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited January 2019

@NekoGamerX said:

@JohnTed said:

I like this but how about the death bar doesn't go down till the killer is away(like the saying a watched pot never boils)but we need something else so survivors don't really fast unhook either if anyone got idea?

edit have idea after kill is far away entity surround the hooked survivor and there like a 10 20 or 30 sec cooldown before they can be unhooked,but in this time survivor can still try unhooking him/her self tho still 4% so yea

how that?

The killers job is not to chase you and down you for 3 hooks. The killers job is to sacrifice you. It may just so happen that due to time constraints you get three chances. There are no entitlements to multiple chances.

• weirdkid5
    edited January 2019

@weirdkid5 said:
    NekoGamerX said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

sounds like you play this time much have really good perk setup or your lucky as all hell but whatever.I win some of my chases not all and sometime at start of the game killer is really close so I don't even have time to hide.tho matches suck.

Perks are irrelevant to me. I can go perkless and be just as successful. This game isn't difficult for Survivors. Everyone is just so stuck in their 1-dimensional gameplay style they can't fathom trying out new tactics.

When I do use perks, my loadout consists of Sprint Burst, Urban Evasion, Stake Out, and some random 4th perk I just feel like running, usually Resilience. Not even a top tier build. I don't use DS or SC as I feel I need to shower afterwards if I do
  • NekoGamerX

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@NekoGamerX said:

@JohnTed said:

how that?

The killers job is not to chase you and down you for 3 hooks. The killers job is to sacrifice you. It may just so happen that due to time constraints you get three chances. There are no entitlements to multiple chances.

Now it sounds looks like both sides feel entitled to certain things. Survivors want to last longer than 2 minutes in a game and maybe exit through the gates. Killers feel entitled to killing all 4 survivors in every match. People forget that this game is meant to be fun for both sides, not just killers and not just survivors. I think I had a good idea: make the matches last longer. It would be more fun, but you probably don't want to have chase them again. Does everyone want every match to last only 5 or 6 minutes? What fun is that? I'm all for giving survivors other things to do to make matches last longer, but it looks like you just want to get your 4k kills as quickly as possible before moving on to your next match. But I think quick matches like that aren't fun, whether I'm a survivor or killer.

I still think it's a good idea. I'd like to hear feedback on it.

• NekoGamerX

@weirdkid5 said:
    NekoGamerX said:

@weirdkid5 said:

NekoGamerX said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

Perks are irrelevant to me. I can go perkless and be just as successful. This game isn't difficult for Survivors. Everyone is just so stuck in their 1-dimensional gameplay style they can't fathom trying out new tactics.

When I do use perks, my loadout consists of Sprint Burst, Urban Evasion, Stake Out, and some random 4th perk I just feel like running, usually Resilience. Not even a top tier build. I don't use DS or SC as I feel I need to shower afterwards if I do

I run SC but I took DS out it useless perk and makes you target I also run Urban Evasion.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

As a survivor, you are simply 25% of the team. If you are not willing to sacrifice 25% (AKA yourself) of the team for 75% of team to escape, you are simply a selfish player.

Only really bad killers do this, because it only works on bad survivors.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@scorpio said:

@Freudentrauma said:

No, the design issues are WHY killers camp in the first place, unless they are just doing it to be toxic, which I would argue most are not. Most are just trying to get a kill in a high stress way too fast paced game that is stacked against them in every way.

I'm really talking about killers who rely completely on camping as a strategy not a taktic they fall to ingame. You know those who camp immediatly the first guy they caught, and don't leave the hook, even though the survivors didn't give them any reason to. Those will never stop camping.
    I doubt those are doing it, because they are victims of the pacing of the game. They camp, because they camp. And that is a problem, because it's one playstyle which devs have also consider, when designing the game. Which in the end leads to design compromises, which hurt the entire game.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@scorpio said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

Not every match is going to be super fun for every player. Just ask killers, lots of matches aren't fun for us. If you weren't meant to EVER die on first hook then you wouldn't be able to die on first hook.

But camping isn't fun for killers either. It's just done to spite a player who annoyed you. I don't mind camping if it's justified, but when killers just decide to camp for no reason, and make both their game and the hooked survivors boring, it's toxic af

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

The other 3 people had fun repairing gens and escaping and getting them bloodpoints but what about the guy who die :)? This is the problem.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Camping is for bad killers or good killers knowing the game doesn't reward them for playing fair.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Arroz said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

The other 3 people had fun repairing gens and escaping and getting them bloodpoints but what about the guy who die :)? This is the problem.

Losing isn't supposed to be fun. That's why it's different from winning.

This discussion has been closed.