Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is the most underrated killer/survivor perk in your opinion?

Mint_
Mint_ Member Posts: 52

We'll make it is THE BEST healing perk i have no idea why i never see it in survivor builds. And for killer i would say hysteria since it literally has a 30 second cooldown, applies oblivious to all injured survivours AND cant really be countered.

Comments

• xBlitzAce1989x
    xBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 336

Power Struggle. I've gotten hatch dozens of times because of it. Flip-flop + PS = Auto-stun.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I've always had a fondness for Spies From the Shadows as a Killer perk. It's usefulness varies by map, true, but it's an overall solid tracking perk, in my opinion.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Bond is near essential for solo queue imo and its sad nobody uses it

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Lithe ! Such a good exhaustion perk (and my favorite), if you know how to use it it's basically mid-chase sprint burst + the killer has to vault or go around the obstacle to keep chasing you (not to mention q&q + dance with me or speed vault builds).

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276

We'll make it isn't the best healing perk, coh obviously is. Many want to only play the best of the best. Same for hysteria, hex:plaything does pretty much the same thing but is much more stronger. Although I agree these perks are not bad at all!

I like a lot Play with your Food even though it's condition is situational (playing both pwyf and nemesis outside of memeing isn't really strong). I also wish I had coup de grâce (I don't want to get Twins so I'm waiting to see it in shrine).

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    edited May 2022

Dragon's Grip. On killers with high mobility it punishes tunneling a gen.

Built to Last. Nuff said.

Post edited by DBD_Pinhead on
  • Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52

Now with all the nerfs COH is receiving i would argue that we'll make it is better since the only requirement for activating it is unhooking someone for a major healing boost for 90 seconds (with no cooldown). if you pair it with empathy you're basically a moving boon! and why not buy twins? unpopular opinion but i enjoy both facing and playing as them. (but thats just me)

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Stake out

Since it has the 2% progression on its skillchecks rack em up an easy free 8% on a gen

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Killer: Save The Best For Last. Shortens chases. Can chew through bodyblocking teams or grouped up survivors. Nasty in its ability and fits my aggressive playstyle.

Survivor: Bond. Lets you see where survivors are. So you can track chases from a distance, avoid survivors while being chased, help injured survivors, find survivors to heal you, double up on generators, etc. One of my favorite information perks.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

Whenever I run it, zero uses.

Once I take it off, every killer wants to run through pallets/slug me on a pallet.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Especially on some of the indoor maps, the birds are like free wall hacks!

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Dragons Grip. The amount of times I ended chases fast is insane with this perk I kick the gen someone touches it I down them and hook them.

It saves so much time I would have wasted chasing them by making them exposed it saved me so many games. This perk is severely overlooked

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I think my favorite perks that aren't too popular are:

• Bloodhound: Yeah, you can see blood without it, but it's impossible to miss blood with it. Plus it makes the blood trails last longer which improves your chances of being able to see them. Plus unlike Nurse's Calling it's not suspectible to aura hiding perks like Shadowstep (although perks that hide Blood can work, such as Deception.)
    • Deerstalker: I would never call Deerstalker a top tier perk, but just in terms of quality of life it's really great. Being able to see the auras of slugged survivors is just plain handy, especially when they try and crawl off into a corner to hide or their sounds are muffled or absent. And it helps you indirectly keep track of the slugged survivor to have an eye out for other survivors coming in for a rescue. If you like to slug for pressure, and you find yourself spending 10-15 seconds sometimes looking for a dying survivor that you aren't sure where they went, this shaves off all that time and annoyance.
  • Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    edited May 2022

Survivor side I've been using Renewal/Second Wind as part of a heal build. Since I can semi-reliably get heals done I charge it up and jump back in without needing a heal myself.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    edited May 2022

I really enjoy using Open-Handed to super-charge other perks. It's great with Bond, Kindred, Detective's Hunch, Visionary, etc.

Eruption is a solid perk (and it has great synergy with other perks, such as Call of Brine).

• xBlitzAce1989x
    xBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 336

Yeah, it can be a hit or a miss. It also doesn't help when the randoms just throw down all of the pallets. My Survivor build is usually Flip-flop, Tenacity, Boil Over, and Power Struggle. Sometimes I'll sub the PS for CoH or Exponential but I'm tired of getting matched with terrible randoms lately. I'm better off sticking with Self-Care. I've been criticized for the build but I just want to do the work and leave. I'm not one of those Survivors that is looking to annoy the Killer. And of course, then when I play Killer, everyone seems to be working on something and gens pop in minutes. I still don't understand how the noticeable difference in matches is even possible.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

I think the most underrated survivor perk is Distortion. It's a combination stealth and intel perk. Someone get's hooked and you lose a token? You know for a fact they have BBQ, and you're not revealed. Quick vault a window and you lose a token? You both know that they have I'm all ears, and that you won't be bothered by it for a while. Lose a token right at the start of the match? Congrats, you've negated Lethal Pursuer entirely.