Who would you say is the best killer for beginners and why?

Options
Mint_
Mint_ Member Posts: 52

i think hag simply because she's easy to learn and her perks are very strong on most characters.

Comments

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Trapper, he's the most basic killer there is, so he's good to learn basic killer mechanics, plus his power is straightfoward and very easy to understand (also quite effective against new survivors)

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Wraith. He is strong enough for low tiers. Easy power. He is best killer trainer.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,221
    Options

Trapper or Wraith.

Both are kind of basic and intuitive. One puts traps down, one creeps up and do surprise-attacks.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,799
    edited May 2022
    Options

Wraith trapper and legion

These 3 once you semi know what you are doing as a beginner will be enough for you

• drsoontm
    edited May 2022
    Options

About Hag: Putting traps and attacking anything that triggers them will work to get kills but I wouldn't recommend it.

First, she is currently bugged. Second, one doesn't learn the basics with her.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Wraith all the way. The power is simplistic enough. Trapper could be a good one but understanding trap locations takes a lot of experience. New killers don’t understand tiles.

Legions not bad either.

• Mint_
    Options

I guess hag might not be the best to learn basic mechanics with since she's a pretty unique killer, but she is strong and can be difficult to counter even at high ranks. You're right though, she's more of a killer for more expirienced players, i might be a bit biased since she is one of my mains lol (also how is she bugged?)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Wraith or Trapper are pretty new player friendly, plus they both come with the game. If you're a good shot then Huntress is also pretty good probably. (I am a terrible shot though so take that opinion with a grain of salt. πŸ˜„) Sadako is also probably not too hard to learn.

• Mint_
    Options
  • dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

And I think Sadako is a hell of a lot of fun to play personally. πŸ˜‰

• drsoontm
    edited May 2022
    Options

Sometimes, the survivors aren't turned towards the trap anymore. Instead they are turned the opposite way.

Mitchi has a video or two about that. That's why now he is using the shackles.

There are two posts reporting this in the bug report part. I've timed links to videos from Mitchi to illustrate the problem.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

Nurse. That way they have a future in the game after MMR puts a vice on their balls.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Wraith, the power is simple to understand, easy to use and new Survivors fare horrible against him, it has the downside if you are very new and stomp a lot of people your MMR will increase much faster than if you were playing any of the other base Killers.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Legion, for sure.

Wraith may be easier, but Wraith has unique looping patterns

Legions base kit ability of True Sight helps keeps new players in the action

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Blight. S-tier, relatively low skill floor, base movement speed, high mobility with a lethal or pallet-breaking power.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Blight on Console

Let em have it .........

The exit gate that is

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

If they were still available, I would have said demo because he's a bit of a generalist.

• iamhnf
    iamhnf Member Posts: 77
    Options

Wraith because it teaches you the basic loops/chases, positioning and goods and bads of M1 (normal hit). And occasionally play trapper, you can try to understand the ability of traps, where and when to place it. Other than the trap, everything else is the same except for a slight movement speed where wraith can move faster when he is invi.

After you get used to playing killer for maybe 30 hours, if you have money to spend on the game and spare bloodpoints, buy Bubba (he may be a bit basic or advanced depending on the user) for the BBQ perk.

BBQ provides a very good tracking information and with that you spend less time finding a new survivor to chase and also more bloodpoints.

After this, I guess you can write a new discussion post to ask for more advice.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

I started with Doctor as I had trouble finding survivors and his power helped with that; he also has a bit of an anti loop power