If BT is basekit, what perk for killer should be basekit?

Options
2»

Comments

• Stealthyfeng123
    Stealthyfeng123 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Corrupt or whispers would be actually fair bc a bad round start mostly decides how the round is gonna end

• Stealthyfeng123
    Options

That dont makes sense it literally punishes killer who a straight up to bad for their mmr bc normal swfs always have bt, so that change would make playing soloq at least a bit more playable bc everyone knows that in soloq everyone farms so it would be healthy for the game overall if the killers would get like corrupt for it i would take it every day

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Exactly what I was thinking. BT basekit would be to prevent camping, not to give anyone an advantage. It would be a bandaid fix.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Tunneling doesn't mean a Killer is bad, it means they're playing efficiently

• Stealthyfeng123
    Options

Yes it does it literally does it shows that the killer is to incompetent to win the most important thing in dbd and thats chases tunnling soneone off hook is the same ,,skill,, like pressing E thats why the most low mmr killer dc of go afk after ds or sometimes even bt lol

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    Options

Chases aren't the most important things in DbD, it's doing the objective, sacrificing and surviving.

If a Killer is only playing for chases, they're throwing the game.

A Killer that plays for the objective shows more game knowledge than a Killer that isn't

• Winchester89
    Winchester89 Member Posts: 85
    Options

BT as a basekit would be a kind of respawn protection, but in my opinion too strong. with BT as a basekit, Survs would have a free slot and thus an even stronger build than they often have anyway. Definitely a good thing for solo survs! for swfs ? I don't know if that would be a good thing...

• IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 161
    Options

I wouldn´t be sure about that BT as a perk won´t veer be base kit. I remember the Q&A stream 3 months ago. One of the first questions was if BT and DS will ever become base kid at some point.

Patrick said: We have no plans to make !! DS !! base kit.

And then Peanits said: You only mentioned DS, do we have anything at all for base kit?

And Patrick said again: There are NO plans to make DS base kit.

Since he only said NO to DS , I wouldn´t be sure that BT will never become base kit.

As for killers: Corrupt intervention for sure

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,281
    Options

Noed

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

Borrowed Time should absolutely be just automatic for any survivor being unhooked. If you're fresh off the hook you should get a little freebie deflection from being hit again immediately that you need to mend from.

I say this as an Iri 1 Killer Main with over 1k hours in the game.

I don't think any killer perks need to be made automatic. I would say the Bloodpoint aspect of BBQ but that just related to DBD's larger problem of insufficient Blood Points all around, there are too many characters and perks to be grinding things out. The game should be about picking your perks and items and switching things up and actually playing the builds you want, not grinding forever just to unlock things and getting tired/bored before you ever get to play with the setup you have in your mind.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

Increase regression from 0.25x to 1x. Thats all I ask.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    edited May 2022
    Options

Shaking my head and you people who want Corrupt Intervention just as a thing that always happens when a match starts. That's just so stupid I can't even.

• Stealthyfeng123
    Options

Than why is nurse twins (spirit mo iron will) literally the strongest killers bruh comments from people who are not even close to 5k hours begin to take over the forums jesus

In that way why not maining bubba and face camp bc in that way you get your 100% kill and can say easy while being nothing more than a average Gamma fanboy

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,766
    Options

A toned down Lethal Pursuer would be nice to have as Basekit, the game doesn't really begin until the first survivor is found and the chase begins, so something to make that happen sooner would be greatly appreciated

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    edited May 2022
    Options

Twins are among the best Killers in the game, and Blight isn't? Are you sure you know what a good Killer is?

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,155
    edited May 2022
    Options

Corrupt Intervention being basekit would be good since it's powerful on any killer. It's almost essential at higher level play and would especially help the more inexperienced killers who feel like they are being "gen rushed". People saying killers shouldn't get something for free are actually insane. BT is one of the strongest perks in the game. It gets run by pretty much everyone at high MMR. Giving already good survivors four free perks per game is a massive balance shift. Basekit BT without giving killers something strong would be Behavior once again buffing the people who need it least. (good survivors) It'd make high MMR killer even more miserable than it already is.

• Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52
    Options

i dont really think any perks should be base-kit and i dont understand why people want it. but for killer i guess BBQ

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

no survivor asked for bt basekit, thats what devs seem to want. and now killers will just say they will love corrupt intervention basekit in response, imo will be just better not doing that at all, is fine as it is, no reason to go agaisnt 5 gen regression perks, with 4 is way more than enough.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Bamboozle

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,370
    Options

A 30 second Corrupt basekit would be nice. Just so that suvivors couldn't literally spawn on top of gens and start them.

Basekit BT is probably only gonna be like 3 - 5 seconds anyhow, would be insane if they added the full 12 seconds basekit.

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155
    Options

I dont know if making some perks as basekit would be good.

Yeah it could help out little solo que survivors. But if strong SWF survivors has some perk as basekit, then they would be very very strong !

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Bloodlust. Or other perk, but make bloodlust a perk

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

Why should you make up anything for killer side, if a perk, thats just a band-aid for a gameflaw would becoming base kit on survivor?

• DattPugg
    DattPugg Member Posts: 30
    Options

This is somewhat cryptic but what I'm gathering is that you think survivors should buffed by basekit without any compensation for killer? I'm sorry, but you have to be joking. A solid swf will beat a solid killer (minus a nurse) 10 times to 1, especially if they can run ANOTHER meta perk instead of BT.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,260
    Options

The counter argument, though, would be that BT isn't actually what makes survivors strong. It's a meta perk because people feel they have to run it to save their teammates from tunnelling, because there's no answer to hardcore tunnelling in the base mechanics of the game- the same reason that new DS is run, that perk isn't overwhelmingly powerful anymore but it answers a genuine need.

If survivors were getting one of the perks that's meta simply because it's strong (Dead Hard, CoH, Spine Chill, etc) as basekit, absolutely. But what's being talked about is a perk that exists to cover a gap in the game's core mechanics, not one of the actually absurdly strong perks that make the survivor meta so robust at the moment.

Granted, if it really was just the literal effects of BT, that would be quite a lot- but the answer to that isn't to give killers a freebie in an escalating arms race of things being OP, it's to nerf the basekit effects to something reasonable.

• Tiufal
    Options

You obviously dont understand how balancing works. Its not about compensating any side. That would be just bad development.

• DattPugg
    Options

But here's a counter argument to that:

Whether or not survivors feel like it's a necessity to run BT, its still a perk slot that could go to something else. If that perk slot is emptied, they could run ANOTHER meta perk, maybe a prove thyself, an iron will etc. And again, killers (with a couple exceptions) get ######### on most matches already, so buffing the average swf without helping out the killer would be a laughable decision.

• DattPugg
    Options

I do understand what balance is and I do understand that every change doesn't have to affect the other side like you are suggesting I do. However, benefitting the already stronger side without any reprocolussion is an unbalanced decision. Think of it like the scales of justice; if one side of the scale has a brick and the other has a feather, does it make sense to add another brick to the heavier side and add nothing to the side with a feather?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,260
    Options

How would simply gifting killers a free perk fix that, though?

It's just not a good way to look at game balance. There's a problem that needs fixing, and something like a basekit BT would fix it. Any problems killers have, or problems with the game's current meta, are related but not identical; they need different solutions.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

And how buffing killers with the hemorrhage change help solo players?

• DattPugg
    Options

This is entirely unrelated. Solo player balance is an entirely different discussion. BT basekit may be nice for them and not necessarily OP, but think of the consequences of a swf taking advantage of this.

• DattPugg
    Options

Yeah, I know making a different perk basekit is not the way to go about doing this and would be a bandaid fix for sure. I just wanted to inspire discussion with this question.

• Tiufal
    Options

There are several flaws in game that benefits killers for years, theyre called "killer strategies". Those were band aid fixed with perks, which should have never been done this way. There are no flaws that are "survivor strategies", so there is no need to compensate anything just for fixing gameplay in first place. And if you think that surviors are that much stronger, it already tell me there is some bias on your side.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 643
    edited May 2022
    Options

You fix BT by making BT fail if the hit you take during 8 seconds of endurance was a protection hit. You fall down. You’re supposed to use those extra seconds of endurance to stop “tunneling” right off the hook, or to escape the basement. Players hardly do this. We always use those 8 seconds to body block another player, especially when the player unhooking is injured. Dive bombing into attacks… Enduring players block the chase path of killer mid chase knowing they can’t get struck down… If the player with endurance is struck everyone gets away. If not the survivor stall for about 5 of those 8 seconds and find a pallet/vault to reach before it lapses. Scenario 3? You down them, but they have DS. So they crawl to safety.

It’s a free invincibility that survivor players can (WILL) take full advantage of (Especially when stacked). Killer players can’t counter it for the next 8 seconds on top of any advantages those extra seconds give to survivors. Meaning a killer loses time every time it happens (Unless they have STBFL).

Post edited by WaveyTrey on
  • ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 834
    Options

I think BT and BBQ basekit would be very healthy for the game. Both promote the killer to not camp or tunnel, and are counterable. At this point people always play as if the other side has it anyways. The only thing it would change is people will be able to run more diverse builds. Its a win win in my eyes

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

Corrupt + lethal pursuer. Survivors get kindred basekit as well but w/o the killer aura.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 666
    edited May 2022
    Options

I don’t necessarily think basekit BT needs a compensating killer perk; just make it have a drawback. Make that extra hit truly borrowed. If an unhooked person takes a BT-protected hit, the person who unhooked them should lose a health state. The unhooked person is borrowing a hit.

• Entinaty
    Entinaty Member Posts: 163
    Options

Several things would be wrong with implementing any perk as basekit and all would need to be addressed before this ever comes to the table.

1. If you give Survivors a strong perk such as BT for free what would you give the Killer side in equal compensation? I see some responses stating that Killer wouldn't need compensation but I disagree as giving Killers nothing to compensate would not only be unhealthy for the game overall and do we really need more threads about BHVR being survivor sided when those just started to die.
    2. While it would be great for solo queue do we really need SWFs having that kind of power when they have a lot of power already?
    3. BT being basekit wouldn't really solve the issue of being tunneled it would just take longer to accomplish as in some instances tunneling is a valid strategy to reduce opponents prior to end game.
    4. Survivors already have a perk advantage of it being 4 vs. 16 perks. Do we really need 5 vs. 20?
    5. Did we think how free perks would synergize with Killers as unlike Survivor you have to take varying Killer powers into account?