Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Killer impossible to play nowadays?

2»

Comments

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571
    edited May 2022

pls watch otz. he 4ks every game with legion and ghostface. if he can do it, why can't you? hint: copy his perks and tunnel + camp one survivor out of the match ASAP.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,335

Killer is not impossible to play. Too many people exaggerate the difficulty of it and can't just face the fact they're not as good as they think.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited May 2022

I just went on a 14 4K streak on Artist, Killer is playable

• iamhnf
    iamhnf Member Posts: 77

I dunno if we are watching the same streamer. I see him struggling to even get 2Ks, with ghostface or legion 1/3 of the time and even when he is doing the all perks challenge. I'm not sure if you need to go back to learning language or get a new specs.

Impossible is definitely a wrong word of usage by OP. But don't even try to make killer sound so easy to play when you don't even play one

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Are we looking at the same stats? Red rank kill rate for Billy went down from almost 80% to 53%

• dallasmedicbag

ok thanks lmao just because i don't whine like you lot, doesn't mean i don't play killer. here's a tip for you in arguments - don't make assumptions my dear boy

• iamhnf

I agree with the exaggeration at times and sometimes frustrating to having hear it over and over again. But sometimes they are not exaggerating though, playing killer is hard and just one mistake can cost the entire game whereas survivor can make multiple mistakes per game thanks to dead hard though on occasions for survivor, one mistake do cost the game. Watch Otz, Ohtofu, Truetalent, Spookyloopz or other streamers who play killer. At times they will say they make one mistake, and you can see it being very costly.

• iamhnf

Well same goes for your arguments, just because killer games are easy for you, don't assume you are in high MMR. Play in a higher bracket and then make the same remarks, playing killer is easy.

Again using your assumption, stop assuming I am a killer main. I am a SWF main. Oh please by the way, check the forums, have I ever whined? LOL

At this point of time, I feel like you need to get your brain check because I just used your own argument against you 😂 Have a great day ahead because you definitely made my day with your assumptions.

• iamhnf

Just because you play killer, don't assume you are playing in high MMR. Get into the bracket and then make the remark that playing killer is easy. Don't bring in streamers name just because you can't do it yourself.

Just because I side killer doesn't mean I am a killer main. I am a SWF main. I don't even whine in the forums, I am here to read funny comments like yours because they just make my day without proper arguments and lots of flawed evidence. 😂

Here's a tip for you in arguments - Don't assume wrongly if you going to assume yourself.

• dallasmedicbag

you're all over the place man, when did i ever say you're a killer main? i don't even know you hahaha i bet you're a real joy in parties.

Here's a tip for you in arguments - don't make assumptions my dear boy

• iamhnf

It's obvious you are a survivor main. Do please enlighten me by this 'i don't whine like you lot'. Just the word lot itself, already emphasize that I am on the other side.

Anyone can see this in clear day that you assumed I am a killer main.

Again like I said, if you want to say stop assuming, go and learn some english before typing because that's literally what that statement mean. Stop embarrassing yourself with your poor usage of words.

Again with the outdated argument "I bet you're a real joy in parties", at least bring a newer meme, stop being a boomer it's getting very stale.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Bruh, that COH nerf didn't help with what it's main problem is: team wide healing

• Archive512
    Archive512 Member Posts: 150

it depends on a lot of factors:

first up, the killer. if your playing a meta killer, such as nurse / spirit / blight, or a killer you know really well, then that helps. if your playing a killer that is seen as bad (whether for funsies or because you like how they play) then its gonna be more difficult, as there is a reason why certain killers are objectively 'better'. i will get to that soon.

next is your loadout. if your running perks with high synergy, or they work well with your killer, or do well on a certain map then it helps. same with addons, which are usually the higher rarity ones such as the iridescent camera for ghostface, redhead pinky finger for clown, triple blink for nurse etc. and finally an offering can help you get a map which your killer works well with, or bonus BP, less chests, lower hook distance. however, if you have just jumped into a killer, or have no really 'decent' perks with little to no synergy or rely on a certain playstyle that isnt yours, then theres gonna be some trouble. some addons are useless, and for killers like pyramid head it can be quite the majority. or a certain addon is required to play a certain way, like freddy's dream pallet addon.

we also have now the core mechanics of the killer. recent additions like nemesis, pinhead, pyramid head, artist etc. can deal with loops pretty well, or the new leigon and twins along with plague can force survivors to play a certain way or keep them vulnerable for a long period. on the other side we have the 'hit and run' killers, like michael, onryo, trapper etc. who may have an ability to help them on some situations, but boil down to pressing chase, M1, chase, M1 (although with this meta now its more chase, loop, hit, chase, wait DH, loop, maybe M1). these hit and run killers have a tougher time due to not having much to deal with loops, relying on mind games and survivors making mistakes to get ahead.

how the game has now made matchmaking work also is a difficulty for killers now. i cannot tell you how many times ive personally got up from my chair after a game and wanted to uninstall this. killers are expected to get better, but how can we when there are others with double, triple, sometimes quadruple the amount of hours in this game? which does matter, because if you put a new survivor and an experienced one in the same match, there is a total difference in how they play against the same killer. i have about 450 hours over around 2ish years with some breaks. if the people i am against with 1000+ hours were making simmilar mistakes to me, i could understand. but the idea of rainbow ranking has now developped into MMRainbow. its increasingly odd how matches seem to have someone with very few hours and others with thousands in the same match, when surely MMR should split them apart as two wildly different skill levels unless something external is happening, like smurfing.

the map itself can have a large affect on how the match goes: i personally think RPD should have stayed in development, so when i get RPD i will do worse because i dislike the map. long maps, like pyramid heads map or artists map, can be worse for certain killers (like hit and run) or better (ranged killers or high speed like hillbilly). on a more specific note, map tiles can make or break a chase, as if RNG has decided to put some pretty safe pallets nearby, you might have to either tackle that area part by part or be at a massive disadvantage trying to just eliminate that areas pallets. again, hit and run killers have the worst time here.

gen times tie in with map, particularly size. when i play with my friends as survivor, we found that one person running prove thyself and a toolbox of any kind can make a gen pop within 20 seconds with is 3 on it. so if survivors spawned nearby, or your in chase as a killer, it takes just 20 seconds to pop a generator. if the map is large enough, some killers cant have enough gen pressure to stop this, making the match a 4 generator one before it began. but, if you run certain perks this can be stopped. but then we have another problem:

the wide array of killer perks, against the few survivors use. there are some popular killer perks such as BBQ+Chilli, thanataphobia, corrupt intervention etc. but there is a wide variety of perks for killers to use to maximise their particular playstyle, whether they like chases, messing with terror radius, gen slowdown, or dealing with the various wrenches that survivors try to throw in their plans. however, as im sure everyone has seen, perks like dead hard, circle of healing, borrowed time, and ive personally seen an odd rise of head on users. i am partly at fault here: i use borrowed time, but because i run an altrusitic unhooking and healing build because i find generators boring and i suck at chases. because some perks are so valuable to survivors in terms of either giving other survivors as much time as possible to complete the match, or for their own survival, we dont see much variation. there are those who use the wierd perks, like myself (i ran autodidact and for the people for a while) but the vast majority are ones that make chases longer, which is what a killer doesnt want, or making your escape from certain 'death'.

so is killer hard? yes, and it would be wrong if it was a breeze. but impossible? i agree, but only because it has been made so by years of the same meta, and killers being forced to play certain types of killers to deal with this meta. to be honest? we're tired. we're tired and bored. we can either play for fun and make out with next to no points, or we are forced to play every match like we are one pip away from a new grade for what, more points. for new killers the game IS impossible. with the 'changes' to MMR creating the MMRainbow we have, it is impossible for new killers or returning killers trying to learn a new killer to possibly get better because they arent playing against people their level, and as such honing how they play and getting gradually better at it. the game is throwing new players, who might not even know how to use their killer properly, against teams who could speedrun a match in a couple minutes tops.

thank you for your time to read this. its long, i know.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

Not for me.

I've been looking at playing killer currently as a place to hone my skills (namely hatchet throwing) and to focus on how to end chases faster.

I don't focus now on who wins - just my own personal experience and slow improvement (with a lot of mistakes along the way.)

It's not the ideal way to look at a 4v1 game, but it is the least stressful so far and I have fun too.

• Impailer
    Impailer Member Posts: 97

You’re either delusional or just plain ignorant. The fact that only Nurse and Blight can hold hold their own at high level really negates your “killer sided” narrative. Nurse and Blight are the most used in tournaments, there are still perk restrictions set in tournaments for survivor also, so…

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

No. Playing killer today is the easiest it has ever been. It is actually too easy. If a killer knows a little bit about what they are doing they are going to 4K almost all of their matches.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited May 2022

T'isn't true.

Survivors have much to their name, the problem comes with generator completion. If the Killer can prevent the survivors from doing gens, nothing else matters.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

Regardless of people's opinions and feelings or bias, the game has never had a higher escape rate than kill rate. Just saying.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

no

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

Killer's always been the power role, most people just care at least a little about enjoyment, variety, and a challenge.

I'm sure if you played 3 blink nurse, used noed, tunnelled aggressively, and camped, you could secure at least a couple of kills easily.

the thing is, winning without trying is no fun, and most people want other people to have fun.

or at least, that's my 2 cents.

CoH's an issue because it removes variety from the game and pushes people closer to playing to win instead of for enjoyment/storytelling.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

I've seen killers not get 4ks?

You made a pretty bold claim.

• dallasmedicbag

Again with the outdated argument "I bet you're a real joy in parties", at least bring a newer meme, stop being a boomer it's getting very stale.

struck a nerve there with the party comment huh? 😚 my bad boo, didnt realise we still talk about boomers in 2022 haha. mate you're the one here writing paragraphs on a forum about video games lmao

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

4king as a killer is so easy, you have to go out of your way to not do it. Unless you try to lose on purpose, you will anihilate the vast majority of teams.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

No we're not. I see Billy at 65. Even at red ranks he's at 75, not 80. Though change to grades pretty much makes it an apples-to-shoes comparison anyway (i.e. no accurate comparison can be drawn).

And just for the record, even if there was an 80 percent kill rate for Billy and it dropped to 50 percent, that's totally fine as it should be closer to 50 percent than 80. This game would suffer mightily if any killer had an 80 percent kill rate.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I play about 60 to 70% killer and I've made threads stating the exact same thing. I would welcome tunnel off hook and facecamping nerfs with relish as I agree the game would end up in a healthier place.

I wouldn't say it's a majority opinion from people who play more killer than survivor but we do exist. I do agree some people are very vocal about their opposition to it though but I think that comes from a lack of faith on their side that BHVR would then change gen speeds to balance out the killer nerfs.

I wouldn't say the next couple months wouldn't be thoroughly unpleasant though but BHVR likes their 2K 2E so I think they would get around to fixing it and, in the long run, it would be better.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

not in the eyes of the dev team and mmr pips and rank mean nothing

• iamhnf

Nope, not in the slightest. I'm in a forum about video games, so... what am I going to say? Hey mate, how's your day, I met this girl the other day and...😐️ I just love you keyboard warriors, typing illogical stuff and trying to tilt people but failing to do so. Come on step up your game, I've seen better statements that can tilt people easily without any effort, just because they have the brains to do their bidding. No worries, I am sure you can do better if you improve your vocabulary and grammar.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Also, the Developers promised survivors that keys would be reworked and we still have useless keys right now.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

The issue is just, that with 50% kill rate, no killer stays in red ranks. Also the 50% aimed kill rate seems to appear more from here 1k next match 3k, then 0k, then 4k, etc.

Also, the higher kill rate 2 years ago, certainly didn´t change the survivor role popularity and neither did the "nerf killer" threads decrease since then.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

That's true. And I still have to do the Tome 2 challenge where I unlock a hatch after the killer closed it. I think this is as about as easy as getting Left For Dead right now.

• HagathaSimmons
    HagathaSimmons Member Posts: 236

it can be stressful, yeah but a lot of times it's fun. As long as you don't take getting 0 kills or hooks in a match as a huge downer, bc honestly it's not every game. CoH nerf definitely helped killers a lot, especially me. Once dead hard is changed it'll be a lot more fun to be killer.

Where as being survivor isn't stressful for me. It's called DEAD by daylight, you're supposed to die like a lot. Just have fun in it.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

Behaviour has

nerfed windows and pallets

decreased map sizes

fixed loops

introduced one new meta perk in 4 years (COH) which has been nerfed massively.

Added a tone of new strong killer perks, pain resonance, dead nan's switch, hex plaything.

Most changes of killer have been buffs. The reason why gens go so fast now is because they need to. I remember when the average downing speed for a killer was between one minute- one and half. Now its constantly around 30 seconds. If survivors did not refine the game as it well as it has they would lose constantly.

• Rokjer
    Rokjer Member Posts: 169

Always more feasible than mounting Iri I in full SoloQ.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623