Survivor mains just don't understand...

Options

I whole-heartedly enjoy playing on both sides. The problem I'm noticing (mostly on the survivor side) is that some of them really don't play Killer and therefore don't understand why Killers do certain things. I was the same way until I started spending more time as a Killer. I've been pretty bored lately so I started camping more and more... and some Survivors are cool with it, others... not so much. If someone throws enough salt my way, I'll just direct them to the, "I'm a Happy Camper" song from Sleepaway Camp 2.

Does anyone have a similar experience and now understand something previously unknown to them?

Comments

• xBlitzAce1989x
    xBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 336
    Options

Same! Insidious Bubba really helps me cope sometimes NGL. I warned one Survivor to stay away from the basement this morning (shaking our heads at each other) and when she reached the bottom step... *Stand-Off*

• xBlitzAce1989x
    Options

Sorry! Previous message was for you. I agree and that's why it really helped to play different Killers.

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762
    Options

I always call Iron Grasp + Agitation + Mad Grit the "Benjo Build."

• xBlitzAce1989x
    Options

As Bubba: Iron Grasp, Insidious, Lightborn, Agitation.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,098
    Options

It's honestly sad how little survivors will read the description of the killer's power, addons, or perks. The amount of times I tell someone in end game chat who is accusing me of cheating that the thing is right in the killer power description (something they can check on the end game screen) and they double down on that I'm cheating is too high.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

There is such a thing as etiquette in online games. They aren't necessarily official rules of the game but rather things people should not do to best ensure everybody has the most fun. A general consensus is that killer should not camp, tunnel and slug. The reason is that camping and tunnelling punishes one players, removing their ability to participate in a match. Its not fun. Same as for slugging, as being forced to sit on the ground for a full bleedout timer is really boring and drags the game. If I experience a few matches a night like that I'm usually done and won' play for a while.

The same goes for killers, don't taunt at the exit gate, don't click with the flashlight, don't jump in and out of lockers. These things cause killers to have a worse time in general.

I do not want the developers to put in rules to completely remove these things as camping and tunnelling is needed sometimes (endgame). Same with slugging, and remaining in the exit gate makes the killer take the time to force them out to give their teamates time to open the other door. So I do not want these strict rules in place. But if we don't acknowledge that certain things ruin the fun for others and have a (I don't care, I will play how I want) mindset, the only people who will have a good time are those who play exclusively to win.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,256
    Options

I don't understand camping either it's toxic and killers who don't know how to play do it eventhough I play killer equally as much as survivor. For real I understand but I personally avoid it as much possible but if survivors hide and you don't find them even with BBQ so then any killer with common sense would go back to the hooked survivor. Also in endgame collapse what else killer is suppose to do other than camp. But camping ofcourse is still mean and some killers just don't do it and take the L instead.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    Options

I suck as killer but dabble when I'm bored. Noed is always the first perk I seem to get on my killers. Survivor messages me later "Noed trash" went to their profile and they are

1-A killer main

2- Has a screenshot of them playing killer with *pause for drama* noed

Sent their screenshot back in response and said "Hi kettle have you met black?"

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,628
    Options

It's not that I don't understand. It's simply that it's extremely unfun

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

Which is exactly why I said I don't want strict rules in place to punish players for doing that. In that situation you are forced to go to an area of a map with no generators and likely no survivors to simply give a free unhook, then there is no issue with that. But if we don't at least acknowledge that using this playstyle as the general playstyle of DBD, then players will have an all around less enjoyable experience.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

Understanding some false logic is worrying.

• Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52
    Options

Cant we please find better ways to cope? i get camped almost every other match (not because of strategy) and i am close to turning to bubbaism :(

stop this never ending cycle before its too late!!

• iamhnf
    iamhnf Member Posts: 77
    Options

Honestly, no. As much as I want to say rely on teammates because it is a team game, we all know how bad solo survivor is at times. All I can say search for a different game to invest on, play killer once in a while or just suck it up and hope for the best

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

When i play Pinhead and i down someone who is injured but chained in the exit area. They instantly acuse me of cheating, because i had no blood warden. Hell Pinhead even has a voice line for that exact situation and they still don´t get it.

• Scream_Queen865
    Scream_Queen865 Member Posts: 109
    edited May 2022
    Options

I once was tunneled after every unhook by a Trickster and when I died they wrote me mid match to tell me "That's what you get for using a cheat to gain a cosmetic you didn't own." I replied with "Behavior gave it to everyone now,check your inventory." He replied "Cap". It was the Meg Death Garden Mask Lol Also my Breakdown build. Some killers don't understand it.

• DakkarBlack
    DakkarBlack Member Posts: 2
    Options

I play both Killer and Survivor. Legion, Nurse, and David King. I probably spend most of my time playing survivor, 90% of that is solo queue. There's my foundation.

I think there needs to be a differentiation between 'camping' and 'face-camping'. Playing killer I get the need to go back to a hooked survivor... I consider it patrolling. If I can't find anyone... they're a) ignoring the hooked survivor for a Gen/chest/Totem b) hiding in lockers to avoid BBQ or c) way too immersed... It's in my best interest to check places I know they'll go, a hooked survivor is one.

As a survivor, and I think most would agree, is face-camping is what they really mean. When a killer puts you on a hook and stands 2 feet in front of you just staring at you... that is really just kinda sad. Since I play killer I just see that as someone without skill hoping for altruistic survivors. But that's just my opinion.

To the OP, I wouldn't consider what you did camping but we only know your side of the story. So, ignore the toxic people and do what I do... "GG, GL and HF next" in end game chat and the leave the match. You don't have to mean it, they'll never know ;)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I play both and genuinely wont batter and eye lid when camped or tunnelled. I've had plenty of games where I've felt bad for the killer because we are giving them the run around.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I like using weird stealth perks and addons because it definitely gets a reaction out of the survivors (whether that's positive or negative depends)

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I mean it's no secret you're a much better survivor if you know how to play killer, I think the only reason survivors have more people who never touched the other side is because those who only play with friends have to play survivor. And honestly it's not so much be good at every killer, but know their power, perks and regualarly played add-ons, that you can just check in the post game screen. For very new players it's also good to realise how loud noise notifications and scratch marks work.

You're also a much better killer if you know how to play survivor, I see so many killers claiming to be going against sweaty swf constantly when they just have poor knowledge of the game, and therefore aren't good at it. They fail to realize any decent survivor with good game sense can make a flashlight or pallet save, take a hit or just make a coordinated move to unhook someone being camped without having to be on comms with their teammates. Also maybe if they play more survivor they'll realise doing gens while the killer is comitting way to long to someone isn't genrushing..

Finally for both sides it's much easier to play a tile if you know how the other side does it: as killer knowing the survivor's most effective path to block it and being aware of your red stain so you can hide it; as survivor knowing where the killer is most likely to doubleback and from which angle they can hit you for ranged killers...

• detrraxic
    detrraxic Member Posts: 4
    Options

I still learn a lot from playing the game even after 3 years. However, I must admit that as a survivor main I honestly do not know how all killers function and their perks, simply because I do not play the game that much. I do not have the time to go deep into game mechanics because I am casual player and I think there are a lot of us. I also notice that a lot of experienced players give advices from their point of view as if all of us spend the same hours playing the game or can afford to.

• iamhnf
    Options

Honestly, it is fine if people reply like you. I am a SWF main and tbh I find survivor mains complain more than a killer main. Go around and see the discussions and you will see unjustified comments, nerf this and nerf that be it from survivors or killers but rarely with valid points.

The only helpful ones are where they put out that games are harder to play and explain their experience while playing without having the need to say the other side is having is having it easier.

That’s where the issue tend to happen, some of them will tend to overexplain stuff and add in negative details like ‘I play killer/survivor and it is easy’, but never once did they justify why so? And the comments that follow the discussions will tend to rebut the OP discussions since they are from the opposing mains/sides.

The discussions will be so much healthier if everyone take a chill pill and explain their POV without having the need to assume what happens on the opposing POV. And the comments that follow who respects other people opinions.

it is quite rare to see healthy discussion people like you and I respect that.

• xBlitzAce1989x
    Options

I've turned to Bubbaism... and I couldn't be happier. The Survivors... not so much. Add Insidious and you'll get at least 2k guaranteed. I went against two separate TTV's last night. Both looped me and I face-camped the heck out of them. I love how they automatically assumed that it was due to their TTV (talk about entitlement). They looped and clicked at me the whole time so yeah...

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I do not care if survivors understand or not, I wouldn't expect them to if they never play killer. It really is not any of their concern to be perfectly honest.

• Knytrix
    Knytrix Member Posts: 59
    Options

Ya I hate having to used camping/tunnel strats to win but with the coh meta we are in now its the only way to get 3-4ks against swf groups.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

This makes no sense. What is face camping going to teach anyone. I agree with the understanding something you didn't by playing killer. You example wouldn't explain anything.

• xBlitzAce1989x
    Options

It teaches Survivors to do their thing and not purposely get in a Killers face whilst teabagging, clicking, etc.

• Knytrix
    Knytrix Member Posts: 59
    Options

I mean most survivors rage quit or rage in chat when they "don't have fun" but its ok for the killer to not have fun the usual dbd match.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

No it doesn't. All that says is that killer is easily tilted.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,434
    Options

Bubbas will facecamp over nothing. What does that teach anyone?

• SpookySheWolf
    SpookySheWolf Member Posts: 4
    Options

I play both and don’t camp or tunnel survivors, for me it’s not fun and I know the survivors won’t be having fun either being on the receiving end of a facecamp more times than I’d like to remember!

I still end up with mostly 3/4k and have a lot more fun doing it.

BUT I have learned to just accept DBD’s game styles for what they are, if I’m being camped or tunnelled, ah well, there is always the next match. Camp me while my swf pops the gens, I don’t mind, I’d rather it happened to me than someone that it ruins their gameplay experience and they turn off for the night, you know?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224
    edited May 2022
    Options

After the first 6 months of playing Killers after playing only Survivor for 6 months. I noticed in a Tru3's vid that he constantly M1 while carrying survivor, I was like "is he cheating?"

Turned out its a perk on Legion, which I dont have (I only have Spirit, Freddy, Plague) , so I dont even know it existed despite playing Killer for half a year.

Its not about "main", its just the grind is insane that affect players who has less than a year of playing.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Never said something about "mains". Not reading the perks/addons in the aftermatch can happen to everyone.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224
    Options

I think its about when one think other side is cheating

Dies

Wait for the match to end to tell the other players that Killer was cheating

Since they can not read Killer's perk before the match end.

They would chat first "cheater" before the other players drops from the post match chat.

Quick judgement, yes. But understandable.

• iamhnf
    edited May 2022
    Options

If you want to quit go ahead, don't go about your ramblings without explaining in terms how the game was bad for you and also the lack of game knowledge which is clearly shown in your post.

The game has been alive for 6 years and guess what, you ain't the first one to complain about it. If the game dies, then die. If we no longer have the passion for DBD, we move on. All I can say, DBD provide a unique experience which cant be replaced easily by other games which people was hoping to take over.

There are still people who still enjoys DBD despite its ups and downs. We appreciate it if you could take your negativity with yourself elsewhere.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Winchester89
    Winchester89 Member Posts: 85
    Options

some survivors only know bbq. I play Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage a lot. I was called a cheater because without bbq I always knew where someone was. I told him to read the perk description. then he blocked me.

Everyone knows Meta Perks/Addons. but as soon as the killer or survivor starts playing something else, you quickly realize who really has no idea about the game and is only playing one side.

So I'm wondering how many survs even know that you can destroy noed right from the start?