Would it be more fair if Exhaustion Perks has a limited number of uses?

Options
D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 713

Title. Coming from VHS's Beta there are Items there called soda where it give you sprint burst with a press of a button. I felt it was fair af there as it was limited like as the monster you can encounter sprint burst 5 times at most the whole match.

Maybe here in DBD if Exhaustion Perks can only be used 2 times per Survivor per Trial, would it be more fair?

When I play Survivor, I don't even use/bring exhaustion perks that much. As a Killer, I think this would make it more fairer if a Survivor won and escaped a chase because he used a limited resource. I certainly won't complain much anymore on how frustrating to lose a chase because of people pressing E when I know it is limited.

Comments

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    edited May 2022
    Options
  • WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited May 2022
    Options

I though you could use as many soda and candy bars as you want ,but you'll have to go out and get them out of machines and have a limit of 1 at a time.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

I mean is SB really a problem. I think dead hard is the only real one.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

It definitely can be and in many cases is stronger than dead hard since you can end a chase before it even begins. Fighting 4 people who know how to use sprint burst is a pain in the ass for most killers

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

If any survivor has more than 3 times an exhaustion use something going wrong with the killer gameplay.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,624
    Options

Tbh that would unnecessarily nerf the ones that aren’t an issue. The problematic ones are dh, sb, and maybe overcome. And then smash hit is already too weak.

• Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52
    Options

i don't really see the need to nerf exhaustion perks? The only problematic one is DH which can still be countered most of the time. besides there are killer perks that counter exhaustion perks like fearmonger and blood echo.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

Honestly I don't think that would fit DBD so well, nor that it is truly a must. I think having the cooldown is fine how it is, and also that would kind of invalidate some perks like Vigil, Blood Echo, Mindbreaker and some killer addons. I think the game does a decent job around the mechanic as it is and gives some interesting variety to mess with it (like with said perks and addons).

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I always thought that exhaustion should have some sort of penalty but as dead hard and debatably sprint burst are the only ones that are a problem, I'd say it's fair to make it a limited usage thing instead.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,799
    Options

Wouldn't that be a indirect nerf to blood echo fearmonger and any exhaustion add ons

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

They do have a limited number of uses.. as a result of the exhaustion that follows using them.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,256
    Options

And those are only problem on pc not in console so only survivors playing on pc should get dh nerfed. I don't think sb as problem cause it requires skill than just pressing a button. On console when you try to dead hard you will get downed if you don't use it earlier than killer is starting his lunge. But on pc you will not get downed even if killer hit you before you use it. You can use it even when killer already hit you which is just ridicious. So you see it's pretty bad on console and you can only use it for distance but on pc it just overpowered

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

This wouldn't really fit the theme of dbd. The problem with drawing comparisons to VHS mechanics is that what works for VHS wouldn't necessarily work for dbd.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

I'd rather we just rework Dead Hard to deal with the frustration of facing it and see if there's any way to really subtly nerf Sprint Burst while we're at it because of how much it amplifies shift+w

• RenRen
    Options

isn't dead hard really good cause it can be used for distance?

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,269
    Options

An on-demand anytime sprint burst would be worse. The main drawback of sprint burst right now is you have to 99 it (which an on demand usage would eliminate) as it activates anytime you run. Dead Hard could use some tokens to limit its usage but sprint burst requires a lot more planning than Dead Hard right now.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,086
    Options

SB isn't a problem in most cases. But it can really mess with a killer's pressure when a survivor knows how to utilize it properly

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

I've always wanted them to put bottled time and the syringe in chests. Sprint burst in a can would be cool too.

• YisusCraist27
    YisusCraist27 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022
    Options

Most exhaustion perks are ok with smash hit being the weakest (and still, it can be really useful in certain situations and even better if you use that Yoichi perk that removes scratch marks) or head on which is a ok perk but most people use it for trolling. The problem is dead hard, so maybe the answer would be to not nerf exhaustion, but do something to dead hard, devs nerfed some perks for being over used but dead hard actually got a buff (more like a fix, but a really huge fix that changed the way people use it). I once read a controversial way to nerf the perk saying something like removing the inmunity but keeping the distance and while I agree that this change is pretty harsh, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would still use dead hard because gaining distance just by pressing one button is way too good for looping and some other things.

SB is really strong too but it requieres more skill than any other exhaustion perk, so maybe is not as problematic as DH because you usually don't see it that much, even at high mmr where people usually use dead hard, but if more people started to use SB and actually use it well, that could be a problem.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,256
    Options

That's not usually possible and it's used more to avoid hit. And lot of time when you use it for distance killer hits you anyway. You still usually need killer to swing. I play both sides I know and dead hard is million times worser on console than on pc. If I wait killer ever to start hit I will lay on the floor death and if I manage to quess when he is gonna hit and I dead hard same time as he hit im dead again. But when I play agains't pc players it's 3rd health state. I hit them but they then still dead hard. I had very ridicious match were someone was close to window I hit him but he dead harded and I didn't get hit and he then vaulted window and extended chase. To make it clear he didn't get any distance using it but dead hard made him immortal for few secs.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

Lol.

• CausticMisery
    CausticMisery Member Posts: 35
    Options

More fair, perhaps, but it would just make the game worse and it isn't really necessary. Let's face it - nobody hates Lithe or Sprint Burst or Overcome, because those perks aren't causing any problems for the game.

Dead Hard is the real problem, not exhaustion perks.

• RenRen
    Options

that sounds like you have a bad connection rather then console being worse. Either that or cause console frame rate does something.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Agreed, if you only can use gen regression perks once per gen

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 539
    Options