I can't return to this game

LastShoe
LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

I already tried returning a few times, i lost count already.

I play a few matches, get really annoyed at mmr, which constantly pairs me against great survivors... unless i play as one of the killer that were my mains, then i get potatoes or if i try survivor, i get blights or nurses.

Sometimes i even get cheaters.

But fine, i can deal with all of it.

Then i notice i have almost 1million bp so i open bloodweb and just remember... GRIND, that's too much... and i used to play loads of warframe... difference being, in warframe you grind to unlock new fun stuff, here you have to grind to be competitive...

I quess i will play some of my time at portia, this game has loads of grind... but again, it's a choice, not a necessity.

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Maybe this game isn’t for you. I personally found the MMR way more laxed these last two weeks. Stopped running gen regression on a few killers (haven’t done that since pre MMR). I also enjoyed the grind. The sense of progression has always been important to me it seems.

Anyways, see you tomorrow.

• Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52

I can see how its discouraging but thats just how the game is

• LastShoe

Well, i like gameplay, that's why im keep returning, but i would like to try out different builds, killers etc... but then the amount of grind. I have a few hundred hours and i feel like it's meaningless. You unlock a few worthless perks after hours of playtime because rng hates you and you still have to unlock some of the perks by lvling up different killers, who i will almost never be using... it feels bad.

• Steel_Eyed

This game isn’t easy for newcomers. There’s a way to approach the grind that’s not painful. If yall are coming in here, not prestiging characters and unlocking every teachable you can off the bat, you are inflicting a painful grind on yourselves. And from my POV, it’s self inflicted.

I have every teachable unlocked and new chapters are not tiresome grinds. Because I have a whole roster of killers that I can use. This is what I am trying to encourage to players like OP.

I think we need an FAQ on how to grind this game.

• LastShoe

It doesn't mean it's fine. This game has the same bloodweb for years now and the amount of grind i only getting worse and worse for anyone, who isn't playing daily. When i was still playing it was terrible because my progress towards lvling up killers was slower than actually increase to amount of grind needed and i played a fair amount of time.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

play hollow knight

• Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52

You dont need to have the best perks to have fun in this game (for survivor at least). You grind to get better and if thats not a goal you are willing to work hard for thats fine, but dont try and blame the game for your lack of enthusiasm. maybe try and play different killers that are not as perk dependent or switch more over to the survivor side if its too difficult for you.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I feel ya, the game sucks..I barely play as is 😞

• Steel_Eyed
    edited May 2022

Thing is, all the best survivor perks are only on four (early) survivors. Everything else is the self inflicted grind that players aren’t ready for.

Meg, Bill, David, and Laurie have: Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable, We’re Gonna Live Forever, Dead Hard, and Decisive Strike. That’s the entire, longstanding meta.

• Zwergz112
    Zwergz112 Member Posts: 199

ok