Can we all agree the new haddonfield is a bit disappointing?

Mint_
Mint_ Member Posts: 52

it might be because im not used to the map layout and loops, but im not a really big fan of the new haddonfield. Its definitly more balanced for both parties now but i still feel it has its issues. I will ignore the indistructable totems and other weird bugs that for some reason exist even after like 2 months of working on it since that is easily fixable.

Either this map has a pallet problem or just a lack of resources in general, especially around the main street and gardens which you often need to cross to get to the other houses. i have noticed some strong loops around the back of some houses and one in the middle of the street but thats about it for safe pallets. most of the houses have these windows at the very top that are not even worth vaulting without balanced landing since the amount of stagger effect you get from it is enough for the killer to just vault or drop off the side to catch you.

Dont get me wrong i love the atmosphere of the map and i think all the detail that has gone into it is insane, but its still a pretty big map with even more dead-zones now. Im not going to complain for the sake of changing it since we already have plenty of survivor sided maps and the new haddonfield is pretty balanced compared to some of the other constantly used offerings, im complaining about lack of middle grounds for maps.

I might just be entitled but i think we need more overall balanced maps that can be fun for both survivor and killer. having to go to either dead dog, the game or forsaken boneyard constantly gets pretty boring and i really hope they plan on making simpler maps with loops that dont prioritize aesthetic over function.

Comments

• Mint_
    Mint_ Member Posts: 52

The first floor vaults are the only good ones on the entire map, i just cant see you winning anything by dropping from the second.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I like Haddonfield so far.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

You got a point but tbh we should be happy that haddonfield is quiete okey, I wouldnt complain tbh or do you want something like Artist map or the game?

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

I just don't get why the road is soooo wide. No residential suburban road is a 4 lane highway lmao. And I hate running into things that look hoppable only to "Nope". That part is on me, and I guess I have to learn which windows are hoppable and where.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156

It's very atmospheric that's for sure

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I like it better than the old version, both aesthetically and in terms of layout. I don't have an opinion so far on one of the houses being really strong though but for sure the second floors and basements seem a bit better.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I think it's a strong improvement.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,384

People really overstate the dead zones.

I've played on the map a lot as legion and there's plently of strong pallets around the map not just behind the houses. Then you have the houses which have several vaults that have no easy way to play around them and can't even be forced with entity block since there's just another window on to use.

The map at a glance looks weaker but it's really deceptively strong and it's frankly frustrating that the devs still give survivors so many strong resources especially when it comes to window vaults because you can't even remove them like you can with pallets.

Honestly many of the houses need at least some breakable walls so you can create an alternative route to follow people who vault out the buildings.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I really like it. I'm very happy with it. Big improvement over the previous one.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

It's arguably the same, if not stronger.

Every single house has 2 God Windows that have no Breakable Walls, meaning they're there for the entirety of The Trial, and are so close together that getting hit anywhere on the Map means you can just ShiftW to a house and either waste about 1 minute worth of time or escape chase and heal/do whatever.

The 3-Gen is good, if Survivors don't know how to deal with it.

There's a few bad Pallets in the middle and pretty much every Pallet around the corners of the Map are God Pallets

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited May 2022

The new Haddonfield is FAR BETTER than the old one. It looks awesome and is no survivor-broken-map anymore. I like it (from both sides).

The Game is the next broken map which needs changes. Oh and dont forget the Springwood-Maps.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

first Haddonfield looks pretty cool, but the map feels a bit like: you has god / neverending loops or dead zones, there is nothing in between

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,766

Idk if you know this or not but any windows you're able to vault have a yellow cloth covering them like on RPD so provided you're able to see through the shadow effects x300 that might help you

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    edited May 2022

I got an easy 4k with Trapper agaist SWF in Haddonfield, The 3 gens in that map is ridiculous and its my most favorite one right now.

One inside the house, one infront of the house and one over the side of the house, They couldn't do jacksheet. LOL

Not to mention the huge deadzone on the same side of the map.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Well this has been the trend now. 80% of the map is a deadzone, then you have 1 or 2 strong loops. But don't be fooled, this is completely intentional, to make people who mainly play killer happy, after constant crying for years. The result is, soon they will only have each other to play with. They will soon be able to feel powerful... but there will be nobody left to see it lol

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

Haddonfield is great.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

It's not old haddonfield which is automatically miles better

• Sumnox

That might be your experience. My survivor queues are instant. I'm from Spain, (Spain is in Europe, for now) and we often joke that "I can't even blink and we get a match" when I play with a friend.

From your reply i'm going to guess you believe the following statements to be true:

"Survivors are OP"

"Players leaving in waves because circle of healing"

"Nurse needs a buff / Nurse is perfectly balanced"

"NOED should be basekit"

/introduce any other ridiculously biased statement.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Eu and pc here and my survivor queue times are less than a minute with crossplay off most of the day. I only turn crossplay on at night and still get 1 to 2 mins max queue times.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    edited May 2022

Survivor queues on my end are very fast up until evening. I don't play later. Let's be honest, you get 10 min because you're Brexit'ed and you gotta go through customs every time to get a lobby.

/jk

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

You say that but they do have a London server, probably just UK people there and all us other peasants get the Frankfurt server with everyone and their mom even in other continents.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

This is true.

Which shows in general that SWF beats Killer which beats SoloQ.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited May 2022

Cross on at night and I get 6 minute queues, it's the reason I just play more killer. As you pointed out later it's probably a London v Frankfurt thing

What amazing and baseless assumptions, with only 2 of them being close to being true. Nurse is imho not at all healthy for dbd and neither is noed. COH wasn't fine but it's been nerfed so it's in a much more okay spot now, and survivors are only OP if they play to wjn and the killer doesn't.

• GoodBoyKaru

In my defence I didn't want this 😭🕳️👩🏻‍🦯

• Sumnox

Well, those were indeed baseless assumptions. And 2 out of 4 isn't even that bad, for a random baseless assumption! It's just a pattern.

I am glad we agree on 2 points though.

• Sumnox

You said NOED and Nurse aren't healthy for DBD. I agree.

So yes, we do. Unless you want to change your mind now just so we don't agree, lol

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited May 2022

Highly doubt our reasons are the same so just because we have the same conclusion doesn't mean we think the same argument.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,358

It hasn't really wowed me yet to play on, but I've only been sent there 3 or 4 times so I'm still in the stages of figuring it out.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

The new map is great but I'm sure it's frustrating for people who need pallets to loop and can't think about how to properly use the houses. The street is wide so the generators on both sides of the street are spread out. Granted I've had some pretty hilarious spawns where all but one generator is on one side of the road but most of the time it's pretty evenly split making it easier for survivors if they say spread out.

The window vaults in the houses are great. Windows are so much more fun to play around than pallets, because they are always there.

Not to mention all the houses have some places where survivors can just straight up disappear into the shadows and hide. I didn't even know there was a locker in the second floor room with the hook in the strode house until I was walking through there and saw the open prompt pop up.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited May 2022

I'd honestly be surprised if the map developers design a good map at this point. Visually they're amazing, no complaints there. But beyond visuals the people who balance them just.. maybe don't quite understand things that 5 of their Fog Whisperers could tell them was a good/bad idea in about 10 minutes. Heh, but what do we know about map design

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,622

Aesthetically it's a nice map... Regarding balance well... Better talk about something else...

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,000

I think the map is mostly fine. Visually and atmosphere wise it's great.

The upstairs of houses are useless though as every time I've been on the map no gens have spawned upstairs.

I also don't like that they got rid of the basement gen.

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

I love how the new Haddonfield is so far. It's harder to tell which 3 gens to work on first though. Also still learning where all the totem spawns are (blocked one not included).

I've seen at least one basement gen every time I've gone in, so not sure what you're referring to, but the upstairs are either for tricking the killer into chasing you into a vault, using Balanced Landing, or for the Boil Over users to go down at. I'm pretty sure there are some totem spawns upstairs too. At least one of the upstairs does have a hook, however.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It's not perfect but soooo much better than the old one.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,000

The only basement on any of the maps I've been on is the basement hooks in the strode house. Literally no other houses have basements and the dedicated basement house building present in the old version (the one where you can go down in the garage and come back up inside the house on the opposite side) is gone completely being replaced with the closed off yellow building of a similar shape in all matches I've had.

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

So I don't know which house is which, but the one next to the Basement building has always had a basement of its own (with gen and sometimes totem) for me so far, and been open.