A beautiful site to see...

Options
CryptoMiner
CryptoMiner Member Posts: 49
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

It's been a good ride, BHVR.

But the constant problems with the game itself, the bugs that over the years "get fixed" (only to introduce 3 more bugs), perks that over the years that have been broken for months to even a year or longer, hit validation being really bad, the constant state of hackers, lag compensation in the game being always god awful, dedicated servers making the game worse than it was before (the oldschool players still around will get this one)...

And finally.... the state of toxicity this game breeds and just aggressively worsens...

People have just grown tired of it.

Skol.

Comments

• Mavericks
    Mavericks Member Posts: 89
    Options

Before the patch, the game was fine, but now I don't understand what's going on.

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options

Haven't really had issues with hackers, hit detection has become less prominent tbh, and you also can't blame BHVR for lag if you have poor internet, they... can't control that?

I don't know how else to put it but you're the toxicity if you feel the need to point out their steam numbers since their all-time peak was only 105k

which isn't that much in the first place if you didn't realize that. Remember that these numbers are only active players, while the fan base who passively plays just not every day can totally be a lot larger. it's ok to stop liking a game, no one is forcing you, and BHVR can't make you like it through updates, if you're that peeved you can simply move on to another game

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Daily chart thread lets go.

• CryptoMiner
    Options

Ah yes. Point the finger at the person pointing out the mistakes. Be bold, brave one.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,758
    Options

This reads like someone preaching about Doomsday and I don’t know whether I should be laughing or not

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

The numbers won't stop from going down till they remove SBMM, we always had cheaters, bugs, and other problems, but is since the release of SBMM that numbers go down, but nah let's keep it and twist some numbers behind the scene, this will clearly stop the bleeding, smh

• CryptoMiner
    Options

Not really doomsday. Just acknowledgement of where the game is ultimately going.

• buzzaman
    buzzaman Member Posts: 119
    Options

I cant remember a state of the game more bugfree and polished than it is now. People are tired of SBMM and the never changing Meta, and BHVR isnt trying to fix any of it.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

Will say the hackers aren't a problem for me, at least right now.

Game hitches and I'll be running and my character will stutter on nothing, which is a lot of times the difference between death and surviving a bit longer.

A lot of camping killers/tunnelers. I started running Kindred again for this exact reason, and I see the killer proxy camping the person on hook or just outright camping them very often.

Bugs. Had a new one today where I got unhooked & healed but on my screen I was still hooked. When I'd try to escape or wiggle off the hook, the bar wouldn't even load and just cancel out. I had to wait to be bled out on the ground (not on my screen but the killers/everyone else's). My hook timer had run out 2m ago.

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options

To put it simply. you're not helping anyone by just pointing out that a game's numbers are dropping. they know that, and they literally just don't have content to put out at the moment. but to even solidify that point bhvr has literally addressed every single issue with the game you mentioned.. so I'm just not sure what you want from them, hackers will slip through any encryption that goes without saying that's every single game. it's ignorant to blame dbd for something that's for the most part out of their control.

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

Uh... I think the Stranger Things chapter departing had something to do with it personally :3

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    edited May 2022
    Options

We already had daily Nurse nerf thread and survivors adapt thread. Just need a killer impossible/nerf SWF thread and we'll be at a forum bingo

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435
    Options

Mad cuz bad

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

There is life beyond Steam.

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288
    Options

its true

but here iam re-installing the game after 6 months rest. gonna regret it but i kinda miss it......