Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

what exactly is considered camping?

are you supposed to soft camp hooks with hag?- I played a game as hag and put traps by the hooked survivor. The surviors constanly went for the save so i just teleported back and got more downs when they set off traps.

downed them alI- had 8 stacks of stbfl so i manged to down all of them after they only did 2 gens. with hag i usually set traps on one side of the map and ignore the other side. They literally kept coming to the same hook and we traded. after they used all the pallets in the area they didnt have much to run to.

Why should I leave?- So when i see them go for the save am i supposed to let them go? I also dont really know how to play hag just doing a thome challenge.

Build- thrill of the hunt, ruin, stbfl, and mad grit.

*they all had dead hard. they got the ruin at the very start of the match

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

The people who say not to camp with Hag are survivor mains hoping you fall for it or Hag mains that pretend that everyone is an aspiring Hag one trick. Do not fall for it. Camp the hooks!

• TrickyNoobAsh4
    TrickyNoobAsh4 Member Posts: 25

@ThiccBudhha Thank you, i just wanted my opion validated. i mostly play killer, survivor is not very fun to play solo.

• TrickyNoobAsh4

@Knytrix that exactly what i thought the character was designed for, not like i was running some super meta sweat build anyway

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257

don't listen opponents whatever role you played

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407
    edited May 2022

Strategically, you were fine. It's just not much fun for the survivors. Exploitng altruism works because everyone hates hanging on a hook, and we''re trying to save our team from that fate. It doesn't lead to escapes, but it at least makes the painful match go quick.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Playing hag basically always results in camping cause the moment a trap triggers youre going to teleport back at the hook. Thats exactly the issue players are complaining about for years with hag, but as laways devs ignore any involvement with "killer strategies" no matter how annoying this is.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

If you're playing Hag and survivors blindly run up to the hook instead of sweeping the area with a flashlight or crouch walking while around it, then that's on them.

Hell I had a game as Hag once where I put a couple traps by a hook but wound up too far away chasing other people to teleport back when they were tripped and the person that unhooked them and triggered those traps told me in the end game chat "I saw you put those traps there, camper!"

Yeah I put Traps there. That's how the character is played. If you blindly run over them and set them off then.... that's kind of your fault.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Do you realize the Game Director himself was a Hag Main?

His response to comments like this has always been: "git gud"

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

I think most survivors aren't hoping thousands of killers change their tactics out of a sense of common good for the health of the game. All this mountain of negative feedback about the enjoyment of this playstyle is aimed at the developers in the vain hopes that they will change something in the game to discourage it.

My favored approach would be to increase gen speeds while a killer is within 30 meters of a hook and no other survivors are there.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I mean it sounds like you played directly into what hag is best at doing. Which is why hag is extremely unhealthy for the game.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2022

Every attempt at policing killer behaviour so far has backfired and ended up being abused by survivors.

Even this suggestion can be. If one survivor gives the killer a reason to be near the hook by looping or going for the save, then the other two can smash out gens.

The best way of making camping (or tunneling) less likely is to make it less desirable to the killer, by making the alternative more desirable.

The best anti-camping perks in the game are ironically the ones survivors like to moan about: BBQ, Devour Hope, Make Your Choice.

Now the opposite of your suggestion could make a very good anti-camping perk. A gen regression perk like Ruin-lite, that only triggers after a hook for say 60 seconds, but only if you're 24m+ from said hook.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Best piece of advice I can give you is play the way you want. Players like the ones in your screen are clearly insecure human beings who are so fragile that they have an emotional breakdown when they lose in a video game - it’s pathetic. You should ignore what these people say because you need to remember that these are not rational, normal-functioning people.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Nothing wrong with soft camping. That's effectively the killer doing there job. You wouldn't see a Lion walk off from a fresh kill to let a pack of Hyenas walk up and take it....

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Really depends on the survivor who is talking about it.

I was called a "proxy camper once.

I roamed to the other side of the map after hooking someone and downed another survivor, so I hooked them to. I had BBQ and Chili, so I saw another survivor running to unhook the first guy. Since I was playing Billy, I revved up and headed on back and downed them before they could get the hook. But I guess it was a form of camping?

Still makes me laugh to this day. I find when I get called out for "camping" it usually means I played optimally.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

Re: "Why should I leave?-"

It's not camping if they give you no reason to leave.

My definition of camping is if the Killer never leaves base Kindred range even when nobody is nearby.

• TrickyNoobAsh4

@Swiftblade131 Ive had the exact same scenario happen to me lol. I started out as a playing only billy bc he was listed as easy, when nothing about how to control or turn the chainsaw or how it works is explained in game.