Unhealthy obsession with replacing DBD

Seriously, its ridiculous. Right now, its specifically based around Evil Dead: The Game, though other asym games like VHS are included in this rant.

You guys will kill games if you go into these other games with the intent of replacing dbd. You go in, play for like a week, complain on that games forums that x side is too strong, and drive people off when you try to make the game more competitive, then abandon it since it didn't fill that DBD shaped hole in your heart. Too harsh? Too bad, because this is what happened in other games and i'm already seeing plenty of examples of this in Evil Dead, a game that hasn't even released yet. People saying "hOpE tHiS gAmE kIlLs DbD" or "Can't wait to uninstall dbd :)". These other games will never, ever kill dbd; if they succeed, it will be because they are damn fun games. Don't bring your "Hate BHVR" boner to other games.

Surprisingly... games of the same genre don't have to kill eachother off. Many people play and enjoy multiple of the same kinds of games; they aren't trying to replace them.

That being said, if a different asym game does replace dbd for you, awesome! Good for you, I am glad you found a game you could enjoy! At the same time, you don't need to be super smug about it and make a thread titled "Bye bye dbd, I've moved on" that kind of mindset is unhealthy for games and is off putting to people coming into it. It'd be like texting your ex to say "I found someone else" and then only talking to that someone else how much better they are compared to their ex.

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its why I like the VHS's dev's acknowledging that both VHS and DbD can co exist.

They just want to make their own game and not be the next "____ Killer" which dooms so many projects.

As the MMO world has shown with the endless failed "WoW Killers".

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Honestly, I wanna make one were survivors probably wont win, but its to get as far as possible

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    edited May 2022

Well I for one, still hope Evil Dead is a lot better than DBD. Wouldn't be hard anyways.

Post edited by Bran on
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,922

Kinda ironic. Those people want dbd dead by all that matters, "waiting" to uninstall when a new game drops and it's good.

Why do they play dbd in the first place again?

Like dude, those people will complain in any game about anything, so what's next?

"Can't wait to uninstall X New Game because trash!!1" or "Can't wait to reinstall dbd!!1".

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

So what you're trying to say is Evil Dead is going to kill DBD?

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

I’m just super happy Evil Dead is actually immediately releasing on console🥳

If VHS and HSH weren’t PC only games (thus far) I would’ve been overjoyed to play them as other horror-esque pvp titles; breaking up the DBD monotony.

That Dead By Daylight has been the only game of its kind to succeed, and (for the most part) triumph, solitarily, for all these years, is unfortunate.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,828
    edited May 2022

Between the weekly Chart posters, People who are so unbelievably obsessed with seeing this game forgotten, replaced and dead (especially on twitter and youtube) or Content creators who does nothing but cause drama.

I'm not sure who i would qualify as the most annoying type of people in this community anymore.

But one thing i do know for sure is that i will never leave this game no matter what, i've been here since the beginning and i'm damn well gonna stay with it until the end, and no amount of this game's naysayers will ever change that.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

The people who act like this have no real power in life. They usually have no responsibility like a family or children to take care of. They have nothing in life other than internet gamer drama.

They feel as if they can "hurt" DBD by making comments like this,... but we all know, no one cares if they play or not, they will sit surrounded by their anime posters, plushies, and continue to play DBD every single day.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

People just want it to be threatened so they can listen, players who played for a while can see that the devs have been kind of not that good with pr for a while. As long as they could make money as a business, they didn't care. Some people just miss the times they took the time to address things and listen. They want dbd to get threatened so dbd can go back to how it was when they first fell in love with dbd.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

They just had to wait for WoW to kill itself and then FF14 put the final nail in the coffin.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Evil Dead looks like a decent game but it is VERY different from DbD, it’s a lot more like Left 4 Dead. Which is all well and good but I’m not really into Left 4 Dead.

• Xei86X
    Xei86X Member Posts: 42

People are bizarre these days ill give them that. Its actually with anything.. even outside games. (First thing i thought of was Wrestling fans lol)

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,940

It's bizzare really and then they play a few days of these and then complain it's not like dbd

Not every asymmetrical game is the same

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,483

DbD is very special and it is very good. I hope it improves.

The gameplays i have seen so far didn´t click with me.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

To me and this is my opinion, if you don’t like a game then why don’t you just quit. I used to play nba2k since nba2k13 on the wii. I loved it. Played 14. Loved it. 15 and 16. Liked it. 17, was ok and that’s when I quit I was starting not to like the game. I didn’t get 18 or 19 and only got 20 as a surprise gift for Christmas. Didn’t ask for it. I played it and didn’t like it. We are getting 2k23 and there’s no way I’m buying it at this point. I don’t go trashing the game. I just quit and moved on

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

I've taken a few EXTENDED BREAKS since Resident Evil Patch. The best thing EVER it's more balanced but still off. They're getting better at fixing maps. I'd like to see them balance all the older maps thoroughly like Lampkin LANE now that is about the perfect size and just a few good loops. Then NERF PLague.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,872

Yeah well according to the Ash Vs Evil Dead game its beta looked really promising. VHS still looks promising but they killed off their hype by having the beta go on for months then completely shut off the servers for nearly 2.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I'm not looking for a game that will kill dbd, just threaten it enough for the bhvr to actually try harder and listen to the community.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,060
    edited May 2022

In fairness to VHS, the server shutdown was a security issue, if I recall correctly, so that's not entirely their fault. Though it does leave up in the air whether they can recover from it

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2022

Having a monopoly is not good, especially not for consumers, if any other game of this genre starts gaining momentum maybe it will shake them up into fixing the worst aspects of this game like the grinding, the performance and other stuff instead of having "Yes, we are looking into the grinding but its going to take an absurd amount of time and we are not issuing any bandaid, in the meanwhile have a UI update nobody asked for and gives eye strain".

People, myself included, believe having competition will serve as a wake up call so they can focus on critical issues instead of pointless stuff, that being said, I dont want the game to crash and burn, there is a middle point between how things are now and DBD disappearing like Evolve.