How do you know when you lost the match already

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,620

So I was think when do you realize you just lost the match not with any DCs just with the amount of gens left and hooks I know when I lost as killer when three gens pop all on separate sides of the map and I have one to three hooks and for survivors when none or when gen is done and everyone has been hooked once or two people are already on death hook.

Comments

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

4 Gens are done and you are the only one still not hooked, and you've saved the whole team yourself off hooks.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,484

Miracles happen.

And that are sometimes really cool games at the end. Where you completely turn it around. Escaping after being two hooked right at the start for ex.

But often if a killer gets one or two downs very quickly at the beginning i usually think - ok, that is not going to end well... I am mostly right with this.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

As soon as I hear the Nurse's shriek in SoloQ

For killer it becomes fairly obvious after a few chases

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

When there's a Meg on the team 😜

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,952

when the killer is camping while i have Kindred and i see 3 survivors standing near me.

When a survivor DC's

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Depends how long it takes my teammates to ######### a skill check

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited May 2022

You don't.

I had a Ghostface match the other day, 3 hooks, no deaths, 5 gens done. Turned it around into a 3k due to over-altruistic actions.

I had a match against Clown, 2 survivors DC'd for no apparent reason at 5 gens. Me and the remaining survivor managed to sneak about and kite the killer enough to get all 5 gens done between us.

• Knytrix
    Knytrix Member Posts: 59

When they have coh

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

as a killer I never really know to be honest until the gates are open and I see everyone already at them. So many times have I found myself in situations that were beyond the point of salvation, only for them to somehow mess up or for me to make a good play at the right moment which turns it all from 5 gens 0 hooks to 4k at first hooks on everyone.

As survivor though I think it is a bit harder to overcome some scenarios, like 5 gens left to do with 1 DC/death and all the others dead on hook (or something worse than that) is what I would take as enough information to just go around doing whatever I can to get extra points without truly believing that I'll be getting out alive.

• Knytrix
    Knytrix Member Posts: 59

As killer its a mix of either easy 4k or swf swat teams 0k never in the middle

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited May 2022

For survivor it's when I have been running the killer for 2 minutes and still on 5 gens when I get downed. Games normally are bad when this happens and more often than not get 2 hooked.

For killer, it's if 3 gens pop in the first 2 minutes without any hooks, or 1 at most. This happens far too often in my games.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited May 2022

I wonder if SWFs are the only ones having fun tbh

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I play a killer who isn't blight/nurse and see stacked items with a survivor sided map offering

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,433

Survivor: When I get to second stage hook without a single other survivor trying to save me (facecamping Bubbas aside). This is an exponential increase if I'm not even in the killer's TR because the killer is patrolling gens on the other fricking side of the map while I second stage.

When I'm being facecamped and I see not a single survivor is doing gens. I appreciate the attempts to save but, if I'm being facecamped, I want the gens to pop like popcorn. If the killer doesn't move, I've guaranteed a 3E at least.

When the killer has 6 or 7 hooks before two gens have popped. However, unlike the other two scenarios, these games are worth it since I'll have good Altruism and Boldness BP for a small time investment.

When I see a Meg that's not me (that one's a joke).

Killer: When I'm playing a low mobility killer, I only have two or three hooks, and the survivors have broken any potential three gens I could have had. Gen spacing is important. I have gone from 2 hooks at 1 or 2 gens left to 10 to 12 hooks and a 4K if I kept a three gen. I don't remember ever doing so without a good 3 or 4 gen.

The difference with killer and survivor, though, is that, unless you're horribly out matched as a killer, you can still lose but have really good BP if you go for hooks.

As survivor, if your team doesn't try to save you, you generally get terrible BP and very likely a depip.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

When you see what map you loaded into.

Obviously being a bit hyperbolic here, but that's how ridiculously skewed some maps are.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,472

Seeing rpd load in as killer😢

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

as killer 1 gen left or none all 4 survivor still alive.

as survivor 4 or 5 gens left first one dead or 2nd one dead.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Someone goes down early at basement vs. Hag/Trapper/Leatherface? gg

Team does all gens on 1 side of a map like Azarov's? gg

All my teammates get slugged at 5 gens? Yeahhh, gg. I'm playing for hatch.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

If you're playing trapper, you might as well never know, cause sheet happens and people mess up most of the time, unless they're hacking.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

2 hooks before first gen

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

When your whole team is hooked in less than 15 seconds because cheaters... Just happened which is why I am posting this.