Please do something with macro flashlights

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

I mean that 24/7 fast click click sound that eats like 0.001 charge of the battery so if someone wants to be annoying, they can do it pretty much all the match.

Add some 0.5 / 1 sec cooldown after canceling your flashlight or make it eat way more charges, idk.

Comments

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2022

Why? Getting rid of something that doesn't break the game in any way and only cause an annoyance to some seems like a waste of time.

Puting a cool down on it would be dumb since flashlight saves can have the timing re adjusted with a single click. They could maybe get away with a small delay much smaller then the one you suggested. Making it take more charges wouldn't make since either because the charges should only be consumed when the light is on.

Also scroll wheel is a thing so it doesn't even have to be a macro

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I just camp them out of the game and treat the remaining survivors extra nice, ensuring lots of BP for all.

Sucks that you lost your item, time, and got to see me meme around/throw/farm with the rest of your SWF (also a timesink as they need to wait for their friends).

"Thought you guys were here for serious play with the macro. Only figured out that you were down to clown after the macro user was dead. Shame :("

It's one of the rare instances I'll open my chat, nowadays, but it certainly leads to a lot of entertaining conversations and the occasional report.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Just make it so you can’t do it more than twice in a given timeframe. Turning it off and back on one time to adjust your timing for a save is a legitimate strategy, but anything beyond that is unnecessary.

That and/or make it eat the battery a lot faster.

• selflessnea

How do you even begin to think that this is toxic. That's like saying flashlight blinds are toxic. But yes making it so they can't macro it as fast (not the 0.5 to 1 sec you suggested) might make the game a little bit healthier.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

I've only run into macro flashlight users three times, but *every time* in the post game chat the other survivors yelled at them for how annoying it was and how they needed to stop doing that.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

Probably because they used to crash the game each time someone macroed. Now they don't do that so that's probably why though it would be nice if they were removed.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I bring franklin's every single game for this reason.

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415

yes, strobing you in the face with their clicky clicks for no reason other than to be annoying and toxic is a problem and should be addressed.

And is very uncomftorably visaully.

• Knytrix
    Knytrix Member Posts: 59

Lightborn and franlin's is your friend against those swf flashlight teams

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Damn I thought we were over this already 🙄🙄

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Remove the clicking noise sound effect I'm not sure what to do about the flashing light

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
    edited May 2022

Considering it's the year 2022 and you can't disable Anti-Aliasing within the in game settings menu yet, I don't expect BHVR to add a buffer to flashlights to prevent spamming anytime soon.

Post edited by Tatariu on
  • dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 672

The health issue is something not being brought up enough. I still remember the seizure that happened to someone's brother because of macro flashlights. The blinding animation doesn't help either

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Theres no proof that even happened. Anybody can type any kind of story they want in a forum thread. I think whom you were referring just wanted attention.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I mean, there are people who have legitimate issues, such as photosensitivity... that's why the white flashlights has been changed to red/

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I mean, it's the devil proof.... since you can't prove something happended it doesn't mean it didn't either and you can't deny it. Besides. How could YOU prove that?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Yea and the player was banned shortly after that post, my tin foil hate theory has always been that behaviour reached out to them to find out what happened and he flaked and told them it wasn't true.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Even the tutorial bots macro click lmao I just saw this the other day on YouTube it was hilarious

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

It's supposedly against the tos to use macros.

But the mods on here only care if you use bad words. Like Idiot.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Make clicking the flashlight to turn it on consume more charges than holding it

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

Macro nurses aswell, would be nice.-

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,884

Flashlight macros are one of the only things that are considered to be toxic, but have zero utility beyond being toxic to warrant keeping them in the game. It's just being obnoxious for the sake if it.

If you want to tilt the killer, regular clicking will do it.

No reason whatsoever to allow it, especially if there is a potential photosensitivity issue attached to it.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

It's pretty rare when someone does this to me but it's -really- annoying. Had someone who literally just used his flashlight macro for the entire game, had no intention of actually it properly, only brought a flashlight so he could make that noise the entire time.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

just make the flashlight power go down faster they stop or no flashlight.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Just give it a 'windup,' similar to PH and DS had done. You can turn it on now, but the second time requires an activation period.

• selflessnea

Its a non issue issue. There is no way for this to be fixed. You also cant prove someone is using a macro for this. There is no way to remove the click spam from the game (exept to give it a very small cooldown which wouldn't solve the issue you are having with this.

1. Just because it's BM doesn't make it toxic. Using it has no effect on the match unless it gets under your skin. Get over it.
    2. If it really is a health concern then the issue isn't with the macro. The macro only makes a repetitive sound if that is the issue then they shouldn't be playing the game since noise can be made with no ill intent through normal gameplay.
    3. Yeah A very very short cooldown isn't as it allows a skilled player who knows they messed up the timing to re adjust it just slightly. I stated that in previous response to the OP.

But you probably wouldn't understand anything since you assume things based on people PFP.

What do you mean by you guys. The only reason I was even for it was the free 8k Shards. I could care less about the bubba masks. I didn't even notice half the time. But good on you for bringing up something that has nothing to do with this discussion.

There is not photosensitivity issues with flashlight macro. It only makes a sound.

There is no way to get around this issue since flashlights are in the game. You dont even need a macro to do this. It can be done by simply binding the use item to scroll wheel.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Just like colour blind settings, nothing will be done until external media gets a hold of it.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028
  • selflessnea
    edited May 2022

Some mice have the ability to free spin the wheel. So no, you can not tell someone is using a macro. It is physically possible for someone to do that manually. I never once said macros were good for the game today. I never said I had an issue with them implementing a click cap in a time frame. I stated that OP idea of putting a 0.5 to 1 sec buffer between clicks would be terrible.

I wouldn't go so far to say this action ( with or with out a macro) is solely used for BM though. Granted most of the time it is. It can also be used as a distraction/annoyance to try and deter the killer from going after a certain person.

Unfortunately yes, there is a small group of people affected by certain sounds. And if this really is an issue for them then maybe there should be an option to turn down or turn off certain SFX like some games do with VFX. But unfortunately, IMO, most people complaining about this issue are only doing so on the basis that it frustrated them that one match.

It needs to be known that I don't care if they change this. It has no bearing on how I play, or how anyone I play with plays. I just want it done in a way that doesn't remove the ability to stagger a flashlight save, bait the killer, or remove the ability to continuously chain blind.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

They should add CD on the (Click Sound) not the click itself. Or make it only survivors hear the click sound not the killer.

• selflessnea
  • Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

Why would anyone need a macro for flashlight spam? I mean, really?

What makes you so sure that every strobe is either some script kiddie / using software to spam m1/m2?

Bind mouse wheel and spin to win. There you have your most advanced state of the art macro

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

It would be incredibly easy to get rid of that. Just put in a small activation cost of 1% a normal user that doesn't use the flashlight with a macro but to blind the killer will most likely don't feel a difrence but a Spammer will have no power after e few seconds. And befor you complain you could even let the first 5 activations be free for normal people