Possible QOL features for Anniversary.

Options
  1. Chapter 1: Better tutorials -The tutorials are meh, don't explain any looping mechanics or gen pressure at all, the practice games make it slightly better but there should be varying levels of difficulty before people play with others (even if they lose they should know what top tier play looks like, make it optional if you want for BP)

2. Chapter 2: The rift 2a: Selecting more than one challenge would go a long way, especially for newer players with 11 TOMES to complete, each with 4 levels. Even letting players choose 1 survivor and 1 killer challenge would be enough. What's more is if a player has completed ALL KILLER challenges in ALL TOMES they can then select 2 survivor challenges, and vice-versa. 2b: Add more things to the free track of the pass. Currently, there's not much besides some charms (no one cares about) and some nice recolors for players. Add iridescent shards up to 9k, and buying the pass gets you 18k, for a possible character purchase for determined players to reach and earn. Could also add more cosmetic options, (See chapter 3 with cosmetics) 2c: Add a tier 71. Nothing big, only 100k BP given for each time it's completed, but make it possible to keep completing. Currently players who buy, or max out the rift early, have no reason to continue playing for the rift until the next one comes out (Which for streamers happens pretty often.) Adding 1 more tier would be great for your dedicated player-base. 2d: Make buying the premium pass early worth it. Currently there's 0 reason to buy the pass before reaching tier 70, why not give XP boost (like many other games) to make people want to buy the pass earlier than usual? Earlier you buy it the quicker you earn shards, letting you earn shards quicker due to the XP and get more iridescent shards for skins/characters you want.

3. Chapter 3: Cosmetics 1a: Unlink certain aspects of unlicensed sets. There is no reason a HAT should be locked to a DRESS. Let people mix and match. Weapons for every killer set, unless it is part of the killers body, should also become unlinked. 2a: Add more cosmetic options. Adding more skins for basic things would encourage people to play and earn more iridescent shards, or drop more money on the game, to earn and look more unique to their personalities. Could even expand the rift with these options! These can include: (For survivor) -medkits -toolboxes -flashlights -keys -maps -skill-check affects (for killer) -gens -hooks -shack -basement -killer powers (were apply-able) -hook effects -Mori animations

4. Chapter 4: Survivor uniqueness 4a: Survivors are, currently, just skins of each other with other skins stacked ontop outside of teachables, why not let people make their own survivors more unique? Each player can give their survivor a specialty with the prestige mechanic (later explained in the prestige chapter), where they can increase the chances of certain items spawning in their bloodwebs. Flashlights, medkits, toolboxes, etc. They can still get everything, but, for instance, flashlights have 10-20% more increase to spawn rates. 4b: This is also a great way to add more items into the survivors bloodwebs with the specialty features. Other people are better are pitching ideas than I am, but why not a trap or something similar for a 1 time use?

5. Chapter 5: Prestige 5a: It's no surprise the prestige mechanic is out-dates, not useful, and needs a rework. So why not give each prestige tier value outside of a skin no one uses? I would want Prestige something similar to this. P-0: As is P-1: Blacklist. You can now blacklist up to 3 offerings and 2 addons to not show-up in your bloodwebs. Can change after 10 bloodwebs. Survivors can choose what item they want to specialize in, letting them have a 50% more chance to get that item (can change after 10 bloodwebs) P-2: Base-game BP offerings (Not events) are doubled. P-3: Remove's the Entity. The Entity no longer spawns in Bloodwebs. P-3-50: Auto-buy feature. For the cost of the entire bloodweb, auto buy everything with 1 node. Other ways might vary, but something along these lines would be great on-top of skins.

6. Chapter 6: Useless offerings 6a: let survivors and killers either give back offerings they don't want for BP, or convert into other offerings (Exception: Map offerings. Not allowed to be sold or made).

7. Chapter 7: Devotion 7a: Currently Devotion means nothing, why not make each devotion tier give a +10% to all BP gains? Dedicated players get bonus's, and new players have something to achieve.

8. Chapter 8: The grind 8a: The grind is long, it is several THOUSAND hours long. This isn't acceptable when most people, casual players, can only play on average 6 hours a week. Fix it by either upping BP gains, removing perk tiers (I know BHVR said no to this but 4 years = 1 current year is a pretty big help don't ya think?), or anything relating to this. I know they announced plans in the works for this, and hopefully something is revealed this anniversary.

9. Chapter 9: Saving loudouts 9a: Why can't we save perk loudouts for characters? A simple button press to lock and hold in a loudout for later, instead of people looking it up on a notepad or word doc, is a basic feature that should be added 9a-2: On the topic of this, do the same for cosmetics when they're mist-matched. It's cosmetics, and people like to experiment. 9b: Also had a search bar for charms, perks, and skins. They're are 20 something pages of charms for players that were here since rift 3 or something.

10. Chapter 10: Make some perks base-kit/problematic perks that need reworks -Make BT basekit, there are some plays you cannot do without BT and frees a slot for survivor builds to be more interesting. (love that this is hinted at) -Make corrupt basekit. Gives slow mobility/setting up killers room to breathe without losing pressure early on just because they're kit is different. Also lets killers play more chill without worrying about gens early on due to map size. -Dead hard: The I-frames should be removed, or something similar. -Boon CoH: Rework it to give 100% in healing others, but it can't heal yourself. Or rework boons entirely -DS: Make it work off both unhooks, if the killer is tunneling that hard you deserve to use the perk twice. -DMS: Make it only function when the LAST SURVIVOR gets off a gen. 2 people getting knocked off for 1 getting off doesn't make sense. -NOED: Reveal the totem when the survivors know it's a thing, or change it to a token based system. 2 hooks = 1 token for a insta m1 down. 10b: Nerf all gen perks accordingly to this feature: Buff base kicking gens for killers who don't want to run slowdown. 10% base on kicking a gen, pop lowers to 15%. Or something similar at least.

11. Chapter 11: Make weekends give double, triple, 1/2, or something BP. Not much more to say on that, that just encourages people to play on weekends. Could even do XP or rift shards if you want

I highly encourage people adding there own thoughts or ideas, this is me resaying things into 1 post that I personally want or things others have said that I'd like BHVR to address during this 6th anniversary stream. Hopefully they add somethings ^>^

Happy early 6th Anniversary everybody. Cheers to another year of DBD <3

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited May 2022
    Options

Why is ever other number blank? 🤔

Also, given their track record.. I’ll believe it when I see it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Good stuff, just going through

• Tutorials - I actually think the tutorials and bot matches against Trapper aren’t too bad as basic tutorials for people just learning the game mechanics. Learning about strategic points like “gen pressure” are much less important than learning how to actually interact with a generator and do a skill check in the first place. And learning the finer points of looping takes a backseat to learning that vaults and pallets exist and how to interact with them, etc. Things like what you’re asking for are probably better suited to a more advanced guide, if they ever do one. That said, if they ever implement the ability to create custom matches against bots that would be a big help to new players (DbD Mobile has that feature but unfortunately it’s not something they can easily import.)
    • Having multiple Rift challenges selected would be nice. So would something on the game HUD when you play reminding you what your current daily mission and Rift mission are. Also along those lines hopefully they might consider making the daily missions be dual purpose like the newer Rift challenges (e.g. Either down 10 survivors or rescue 10 survivors)
    • Cosmetics - Personally I’d love to see custom sound packs or animation packs as Rift rewards, including killer emotes. I think that would really spice up the Rift!
    • Prestige - I agree, Prestige is a bit dull at the moment. They are however pretty likely to give details on the major bloodweb revamp they’ve been working on the last six months, and it’s definitely possible that and overhaul to the bloodweb will also involve changing how Prestige works (if it’s even still a thing afterward.)
    • Devotion - I agree, Devotion seems kind of pointless, it’s just a number at the top of the screen and the only impact it seems to have is as you gain levels you earn Shards a bit slower until you pass a Devotion level and reset it. Having no fun rewards for gaining Devotion levels is kind of a bummer.
    • Bp and Grind - They’re already probably announcing more details soon on their bloodweb revamp. Depending on how that works there could be no need for anything like additional double points every weekend, etc.
    • Base Kit perks - I think they’re hesitant to make perks base kit generally speaking because they want to keep the amount of information new players need to track in order to play the game at a basic level as simple as possible. The only one they hinted they might be considering, maybe, was Borrowed Time and that’s probably mainly because it’s kind of an automatic thing that happens on a rescue, you don’t need to have a deeper understanding of things to benefit from it. If they wanted to buff killers, for instance, I suspect they would just do something simple like tweak the amount of time it takes to complete generators up a few seconds versus something significantly more complicated like make Corrupt Intervention a base ability, for example.
    • They did mention in January though that they were working on a new HUD setup to let survivors see what other survivors are doing (e.g. if they’re working on a generator the icon by their name would show it). Assuming they still like that idea it’s possible we’ll see something about that too.
  • Dr_Emarald
    Dr_Emarald Member Posts: 41
    Options

I think them worrying about new players taking in too much information is holding the game back from a lot of proper balance for game health. They teased an early-game collapse before (Then removed it and waited before saying they did), and the feature could help a lot of killers be able to play before gens got done.

Making a perk, such as corrupt, basekit doesn't seem as hard to understand as I think some people believe. "Oh those gens are white, the tutorial said they were blocked, I guess I'll open this chest" or something similar. They do NEED an early-game feature for killer such as trapper or hag that currently get punished for using their power early in the game like they're suppose too.

Depending on the grind revamp, a lot of what I want might be made null points (which would be an amazing thing all things considered) and hopefully that HUD idea goes through. If THAT comes anniversary, I think it'll make a lot of players satisfied.