If you need 3 or more slowdown perks to win games, you're not good at Killer

Options

Yep. What the title says. If you need 3 or more slowdown perks to passively win you games, you're not good at Killer. And that's fine! It's fine to want more chill games and not have to get flustered and stressed out because gen speeds are too fast. But don't act like you're amazing at Killer by BM'ing and being a jerk in chat afterwards when you're clearly relying on multiple crutches to do even partially decent. It's like camping a corner of a doorway in a competitive multiplayer FPS and thinking you're somehow a god at the game.

Same goes for all of these Survivors who can't play a single match without their Circle of Healing, Dead Hard, and Brand New Parts.

TL;DR - Play however you want, but don't be a jerkoff when you know you're relying heavily on meta perks to even manage to do well. Don't BM the Killer in an exit gate, and don't shake your head and slap a Survivor on hook when your perks are literally passively winning you games.

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

every killer is entitled to use their 4 perks as they see fit.

that being said, i feel like there's diminishing returns at some point.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

fair, but it also depends on the killer let's say it's a clown or a legion or a trapper or a deathslinger..etc these killers kinda need all the help they can get. but if it's a nemesis or a blight or a nurse it becomes super boring.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 323
    Options

I think people tend to forget, it's just a game. People play the game for different reasons. Some want to just chill some want to win at all costs, some want to goof around. You can't tell people how to play the game they bought and paid for. Even if you don't like their perks or choice of how to play.

The killers job is to kill you. Does not matter how they do it as long as they are not cheating. Same goes for survivors, they are trying to survive. However they do that is up to them.

I personally hate dead hard with a passion as a killer. However I would never tell someone they suck for using it. Remember, it's just a game. Win some lose some. Just try to win and lose with dignity.

• SensualPotato
    SensualPotato Member Posts: 86
    Options

Yeah, let's just overlook the entire point of the post. Way to miss the point.

The point I was clearly making is that 1) Play however you want (literally says that in the post you obviously didn't fully read) and 2) You can play however you want, but don't BM and act like you're amazing at the game while running all meta perks that are winning you games. I didn't say 'you suck if you want to win'.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

I bit agree like it's really annoying see killers with pain resonance, dead man switch, hex ruin and PGTW or corrupt invertion. I only use one of those as killer

• SensualPotato
    Options

Ah yes, generalizing, and making assumptions and accusations is a great defense for an argument. Because Dead Hard and Brand New Parts clearly = perks like Lithe and Kindred.

Good job showing your bad reading comprehension skills.

• SensualPotato
    Options

I see your reading comprehension skills are rather poor, since you clearly didn't read the entire post nor understand what it said.

• SensualPotato
    Options

I see you also didn't read the post, since I even mentioned how meta Dead Hard and Circle of Healing are. But hey, nice work displaying your ability to grasp words

• Blasphemy_Kitten
    Blasphemy_Kitten Member Posts: 11
    Options

Alright, I feel like people are completely like bypassing the point. It's about BM and toxicity on either end for relying on perks that make the game a lot easier for you. No one is superior just because they won with certain perks. It doesn't mean you can treat other people like trash. To be fair, running those perks doesn't necessarily mean you're bad, but if you NEED perks like that in order to win, then that's another story.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

Maybe.

But something tellls me you created this thread to argue, so by all accounts you did well. Have a nice day man

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131
    Options

We know that nearly everyone in the upper MMR run 3 or more slowdown, by your theory, it make the highest MMR a place filled with bad player.

With the knowledge that high MMR = bad player, and since it is at the other end of the spectrum, it may be safe to assume that low MMR = good player.

With those information, i conclude that i must be one of the best player in the game.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited May 2022
    Options

It kills me that people are getting all riled up in here, I suspect because the thread title mentions killers and slowdown perks.

Yet all throughout the forums, you have some of these same people telling survivor mains they aren't good without their "second chance perks."

Make it make sense.

-

The truth is, people can play however they want, with whatever perks they want, and nobody, killer or survivor, has to answer for it.

• SensualPotato
    Options

Well it's easy to see which people are the type of people to only read the title of a news article and then get tilted by it.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

I wouldn't even call Pain Resonance+Dead Man's slow down. That's just a really fun Perk combo that requires a Scourge Hook. Recently I've been playing Nemesis almost exclusively to go through the massive stack of last year's anniversary cakes I had from leveling him up and I just run Bamboozle, Save the Best for Last, BBQ & Chili, and then switch in and out the last one for whatever. Sometimes Lethal Pursuer, sometimes Sloppy Butcher, sometimes Mindbreaker? Lethargy? I forget the name.

I can't remember the last time I used Ruin.

I win most games at 2 or 1 gens left. 3 if I'm having a good map or Zombie RNG goes in my favor.

I won't lie though, I am planning on trying a Pentimento, Plaything, Thanataphobia, Ruin setup on a Legion with Fuming Mix Tape and Never Sleep Pills. At least once.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Have you considered stuff in the game exists to be used and that it's none of your business what people choose to run and play within the rules? Grow up.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

I have no skill.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    edited May 2022
    Options

I understand your post is pointless and nothing more than a bad bait but none the less I used the same argument for survivors, which dont actually need perks to good chases or work on gens.

And the fact you're complaining about slowdown just shows you arent top level survivor and I explained how that isnt the case and these slowdowns arent freely given.

I'll run perks I want and need to in order to compete and I dont expect any less of the killers I verse in fact I understand they need it because I understand how the game actually works at a high level.

But you do you buddy, enjoying your post and your few mins of bait fame. I got better things to do than discuss an obviously false subject.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

I don't like Doritos at all

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Slowdown perks shouldn't be stackable. This is why they are so overpowered. Killer should have to choose only one slowdown perk.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options
  • Knytrix
    Knytrix Member Posts: 59
    Options

Circle of healing is the survivors slow down perk

Killers should have there's if survivors want to delay the game with infinite boons and heals.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

objectively not true, it would be like saying you are bad at survivor for using BT or DS. They are perks that help counter specific parts of the game usually out of your full control. Now of course killer can stop gens without gen perks but within certain situations they can not, same goes for survivor and their second chance perks.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

I prefer aura reading advantage or denial and chase perks myself. I remember seeing really good players running old Ruin and thinking to myself "they could totally win without Ruin" but it was "insurance". I never liked perks that survivors have control over so I used it 2x in 2300 hours. It may have made my games harder but I never got used to the extra time it gave those Ruin players. Faster games and more efficiency.

I do agree with OP that certain perks and situations can make the game much easier in both roles and we should keep that in mind to keep our egos in check.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

I avtually agree, someone who is good at killer should be able to win without slowdown, that is if the are playing a non-meme killer, same as survivor, if you can last long in a chase without dh and the game/badham style loops you have some skill right there.

• kaskader
    kaskader Member Posts: 282
    Options

If you need a weapon in counter strike to get a frag you are a bad player.

If you need ball to score a goal in fifa you are a bad player.

If you need a pen to write something you are a bad writer.

You probably got noded at by some killer and came to cry about it on the forum.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

It's a good thing noone requires, wants, or cares about your validation when it comes to their perk loadouts.

• AndyKuky
    AndyKuky Member Posts: 84
    Options

Nah, you’re incorrect. On some of the lower tier killers, it still takes skill to beat competent survivors even when running multiple slowdown perks.

• Felisong
    Felisong Member Posts: 7
    Options

I think instead of pointing out the perks we should reprimand people for being jerks for no reason in video games. If a survivor is running dead hard and COH I'm not gunna call them bad when they tbag me at the exit gate, they took what was available for them to take and won. Same with the killer.

I'll call them jerks, bc people who need to feel superior in a video game and make someone else feel bad are the worst parts of the game. You chose a bad thing to focus on imo

• xBlitzAce1989x
    xBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 336
    Options

"According to the Survivor playbook..." Yeah, yeah... okay. I'll use whatever perks I want. I'll give hatch to whoever I want. I'll tunnel and camp as much as I want. Turn around and tell a Killer in RL, "OMG would you stop tunneling me! You trash Killer!" *Wagging Finger*

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

Gens can be popped pretty quickly, I feel like we're in a gen rush meta, and this can be very stressful and difficult to play against as the killer. You shouldn't be telling people whether they're bad or not for their perk choices. If people are having a hard time against a certain aspect of the game (gen rush being a wider problem) then it's completely okay for killers to use them.

If killers have perks that only affect generators, then they're not going to be as strong in other areas such as during chases and getting sacrifices. I'll admit, I'm still pretty new to the game and play kinda casually, so maybe I'm completely wrong, but it doesn't seem logical to tell people they're bad for their perk choices.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

I'm assuming a killer use 3 slowdown on you.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Soooo.... Good players run only meme perks and win every time, yes?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

I would have done the same with bubba. I'm just playing the hockey game at this point.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options

If you need dead hard, decisive strike, iron will and/or unbreakable you're a bad survivor. That's how I feel about those perks.