This anniversary stream feels like it is either gonna make or break DBD's future...

Options
Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645

I'm certainly looking forward to the announcement of changes and their associated reactions.

Comments

• Raccoon
    Options
  • Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152
    Options

Don't know about others but for me it certainly is. Ive played this game in 2016 for some months, some weeks in 2019 and im back since 2 months this year. I really wondered how less has changed during all this time, the only thing which feels like a difference are boons. Everytime i come to the same result, the gameplay is like 2 mins of interesting gameplay and then transfers into cheap tactics and memes and theres close to no variety, beside this it only really has toxicity wars and all of this gets stale quite fast. I always liked this game, its graphic and atmosphere, the arena, the design of the characters and its potential but the gameplay was never good enough. Im on the verge of quitting again for a long while unless i hear that they adress the gameplay and its balance.

Ive played for 2 months and i feel like ive seen everything again, every other game that i like and that im good at i can play thousands of hours before i ever get burned out somewhen but this is really the only one i have no interest in playing after such a short time. I have it currently running in the background but i didnt play since a week and only striving a bit through the forums to see how the community percieves this game. I only really wait for the stream, maybe i squeeze out the experience of the new killer before i go if i find him interesting but im also looking for a different game to start or come back to.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,729
    edited May 2022
    Options

well, I feel like the silence on many issues has been deafeningly silent lately, with things that have been issues for years getting more and more issues piled on top of them. Not even in terms of balance, but many topics people are getting tired of radio silence concerning. If we get a Q&A full of the same meme questions that have no concrete answers, its going to be the last straw for a lot of people.

I feel like performance is going to be a massive issue. It seems to vary with every single patch, in the cases where its not consistently awful for people. Like many structural issues, the longer it gets ignored, the harder it will become to fix (and thus, the more likely people are to give up on it and just leave.)

If it gets skipped but we get another meme of bunnies working on a gen or something taking up one of the slots, people are rightly going to feel ignored. And thats not even talking about the topics that get extremely unsatisfactory answers, like the cheating epidemic.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

As long as it doesn't legit break the game like the RE chapter DBD will be fine.

• Raccoon
    edited May 2022
    Options

I hope there are some game changing announcements.

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

If there is not even a WORD of Stranger Things' return, I will not be pleased :)

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Yeah. I have a feeling we're more than halfway through this product's life cycle and we've seen what they can do with it. I think they need something huge, and not in terms of health updates or map reworks or Bloodweb changes. Those are great, but there has to be something substantial to freshen things up.

• Raccoon
    Options

Where did the messages go?

I have a few notifications and see nothing?!

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Who am I kidding though, I'll still play everyday regardless of what is or not coming. I'm hooked.

Pun intended 😏

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

Might have been deleted because breaking forum rules. Or it’s in the pan filter and needs approval of a mod (if posted and then edited by a new account for example)

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,927
    Options

I don't think anniversary stream will have any impact on the game. That is because Anniversary stream just talks about road map of the game.

We already know a lot of road map of the game. for example on realm beyond, there is only two realms in which they have not changed of the old maps which are red forest(mother dwelling & temple) and backwater swamp.

in term of killer updates, Patrick hinted twins. he also talked about back-filling improvements to matchmaking and hinted something about survivor team-rating, I imagine its something to do with facecamping killers in EGC and survivor leaving their teammate behind because their inability save them. maybe if your team-rating is very high, you draw even if you died.

Survivor Icons were mentioned at the start of the year.

Peanut mentioned that dev are working reducing grind. He rejected the idea of removing all perk tier. It makes me believe that they have bigger plans in mind. No clue for how big of grind they're reducing.

If peanuts goal is to remove all grind altogether, he might be doing something like removing prestige & making that unlocked teachable perks from other characters automatically unlock on every other character at tier 3. This means that all blood webs would only have the generic perks and the character specific perks. teachable version of the perk would be available when corresponding character has their specific perk at level 3.

In any case, regardless of what they say about the road map for DBD, very little changes until actual changes are implemented in the game.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited May 2022
    Options

Just to clarify, Peanits did not "reject the idea of removing all perk tiers". They said that they didn't want to only remove perk tiers as a short term fix but wanted to instead work on a longer term revamp that would more permanently address grind. So it's definitely possible that changes to the perk tiers could also be part of that larger scale change, for all we know whatever the big rework is might end up including changes to perk tiers or do away with them altogether along with other bloodweb revisions.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

QoL changes would be wonderful,but this is BHVR we're talking about.

Same company that took 5 years to add a toggle button

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,927
    Options

if he did not reject the idea, than he would be confirming the change. It is one or the other. He rejected the idea.

The reason was because it would not address permanent escalation of grind from releasing new content.

it wasn't even like a maybe-type responce, it was just clear nope.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited May 2022
    Options

No, they rejected the idea of revamping the perk structure as a short term fix. It isn't true that they rejected doing something with perks as part of their broader restructuring of the bloodweb and experience system. And it's definitely not true that them simply not "confirming the changes they're making" means anything one way or another.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,499
    Options

Fair point.

Idek why I bother to keep playing this game tbh.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

The anniversary is already lowkey a fail if it is an original chapter...

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Original chapter will not make people to back game for sure.