The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

About Prove Thyself

AnIntellectualClone
AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

What were you thinking BHVR? Prove Thyself went from one of the most useless perks in the game into most probably one of the best perks. Ever. 10% repair speed per person repairing a gen. Lets be generous and say most times only 2 survivors repair a gen, thats about 44 seconds. Add the prove thyself bonus and thats like 4 seconds cut from the repair speed. It doesnt sound that bad when youre just talking about numbers, but then you're forgetting one of the main problems we killers have in this game is gens get repaired too fast. Believe me, in about a week no game will last longer than 2 minutes, if they even lasted longer before.

Comments

• TheWraith883
    TheWraith883 Member Posts: 66

They keep pushing updates that help the survivors because the developers are cowards and don't want the four survivors to be sad. I wish they could understand how we struggle but they really don't care they only want the majority of the players to keep playing (by majority I mean survivors because this game has more survivors the killers)
    by the way, they also increased leader to have 15% more speed.

I don't think I'm going to play this game anymore I had enough.

• AnIntellectualClone

The only thing that would help is if survivors collectively denied to use prove thyself...HAHAHAHAHA!!! Almost said that with a straight face.

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259

One perk slot for the survivors to remove the co-op repair debuff? Sure, I mean they have to be working on the same gen which makes them easier to pressure because they're all in the same area.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Alphaphalt said:
    One perk slot for the survivors to remove the co-op repair debuff? Sure, I mean they have to be working on the same gen which makes them easier to pressure because they're all in the same area.

While I agree it is a very positive thing to have everyone together at the start of a match this perk truly grows in strength when there are fewer gens needing repair. The generator times even with 1 being chased and 3 on a gen can make the last 2-3 gens feel incredibly fast.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    There's one thing I'd like to remind everyone about regarding the buff to Prove Thyself. Remember the perk: Discordance that Legion has? Yeah, you might want to check it out when you get a chance.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@AnIntellectualClone said:
    The only thing that would help is if survivors collectively denied to use prove thyself...HAHAHAHAHA!!! Almost said that with a straight face.

LOL They won't be able to prove themselves! XD Oh noes! ...I miss the LOL

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

It's basically a buff to one of Legion's perk, but that particular one was already a good one. I'm not sure what they're thinking, but I hope they keep in consideration what killers have to struggle with, too. It may be too soon to tell, but gens are already a problem for killers. I'm not sure if giving people a buff for working together would necessarily be a good thing. Once again, maybe too early to tell.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    I wonder why bhvr buffed this perk after legions release hmmmmmm. I have no idea why bhvr woud buff a perk this way. (sarcasm) In all honesty its a good answer to a 3 gen strat early in the game it increases the risk of a killer snowballing when they find you espicially against myers and billies. Its a feast or famine perk imo. It has enough downsides to make this perk balanced from my experiments with the perk. 
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I've never needed Noed on my spirit, but now I like can't go without it. (Or some other end game perk)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Survivor queue times on PS4 are already kinda insane. Soon we get dedicated servers which will put killers into an even less favourable position.

I wonder whether we reach the same queue peaks like during the old wglf times.....
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Prove Thyself requires other survivors around you to benefit from the perk. So if you really don't want them to benefit from the speed bonus use Discordance/Surveillance.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@TheWraith883 said:
    They keep pushing updates that help the survivors because the developers are cowards and don't want the four survivors to be sad. I wish they could understand how we struggle but they really don't care they only want the majority of the players to keep playing (by majority I mean survivors because this game has more survivors the killers)
    by the way, they also increased leader to have 15% more speed.

I don't think I'm going to play this game anymore I had enough.

Yeah. Just leave this game damn your the typical killer main who want to he's side be stronger..

• BOGUEINATOR
    BOGUEINATOR Member Posts: 4

What were you thinking BHVR? Prove Thyself went from one of the most useless perks in the game into most probably one of the best perks. Ever. 10% repair speed per person repairing a gen. Lets be generous and say most times only 2 survivors repair a gen, thats about 44 seconds. Add the prove thyself bonus and thats like 4 seconds cut from the repair speed. It doesnt sound that bad when youre just talking about numbers, but then you're forgetting one of the main problems we killers have in this game is gens get repaired too fast. Believe me, in about a week no game will last longer than 2 minutes, if they even lasted longer before.

Oh cry me a river. 2 minutes? Lol! That's if  you just stand about and leave them to work on it. Plus I've barely seen any survivors play prove thyself any more than they have before. Just get better at the game. 
  • Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

@BOGUEINATOR said:
    Oh cry me a river. 2 minutes? Lol! That's if  you just stand about and leave them to work on it. Plus I've barely seen any survivors play prove thyself any more than they have before. Just get better at the game. 

Your response demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the mechanics and nature of the game. Or, you're just a troll.

It's hard to decide if someone's an idiot or an ass, sometimes, but let me know if you'd like it explained. I'd be happy to.

• doggieman
    doggieman Member Posts: 36

@AnIntellectualClone said:

They nerfed repairing gens when they're done in groups. When two or more people are repairing a gen and nobody has leader or prove thyself the gen repair speed is slowed down but I don't know by how much.

• BOGUEINATOR
    BOGUEINATOR Member Posts: 4
    Crizpen said:

@BOGUEINATOR said:

Your response demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the mechanics and nature of the game. Or, you're just a troll.

It's hard to decide if someone's an idiot or an ass, sometimes, but let me know if you'd like it explained. I'd be happy to.

I don't think I need anything explained for me. I've been playing the game long enough to have a good understanding. If *you* weren't an idiot you would know that killers win more than survivors by a mile and have done so for a lengthy period and continue to. So why is there a need to cry over a change to a surv perk? Don't complain about something unless you're telling both sides of the story. In this case, the fact that gens are slower in groups now, etc. 
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

@Crizpen said:

@BOGUEINATOR said:

Yes and no.

They didn't nerf anything that was always there. It's just the bar didn't go red.

Prove is a straight buff.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Guys
    Guys
    Prove Thyself is a slightly better Leader when 2 people are working on a gen (and worse than Leader otherwise)
    Game's literally dead Survivors so OP BHVR killing their game going to go play Civ

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@BOGUEINATOR said:
    Crizpen said:

@BOGUEINATOR said:

I don't think I need anything explained for me. I've been playing the game long enough to have a good understanding. If you weren't an idiot you would know that killers win more than survivors by a mile and have done so for a lengthy period and continue to. So why is there a need to cry over a change to a surv perk? Don't complain about something unless you're telling both sides of the story. In this case, the fact that gens are slower in groups now, etc. 

What the actual f#ck c#nt? Gens are not slower in groups now, it has always been like this, it just didn't show. Gen rushing was already a problem and now with the Prove Thyself buff it has gone out of control

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited January 2019
    I’ve destroyed plenty of survivor groups that ran the new prove thyself, although against a killer not good at map pressure it could destroy this killer. Discordance also really helps counter this.
  • AnIntellectualClone
    edited January 2019

Wow, didnt expect this to have these many comments. To clarify myself, at the time I wrote this discussion I was just ventilating my frustrations and fears with the Prove Thyself changes and the game in general. I may have spoken harshly and overreacted, but my concerns were still funded, and in the end its just my opinion in the subject. After playing the game for a little more, I can say (of my own experience) that Prove Thyself hasnt become such a problem. Yet. But I would still like to know your experiences and opinions about it. You may agree to disagree with me.

• AussieYato
    AussieYato Member Posts: 14

Honestly Prove thyself and toolboxes can make the game very unenjoyable for killer, I counted it as survivor 28 seconds to complete a gen unpressured with multiple people on it, gens can be completed in like 30 seconds? how is that good? As a survivor you have to know the killer is going to have to do some dirty plays to pull off a win, as a killer you are pressured to eliminate someone from the match asap if the gens are popping I noticed one of tru3's videos all gens done in 2:30. Granted it was with doctor on a map he couldn't apply map wide pressure, but here's the problem with "Discordance is the solution literally run it and gg" 2 people on 2 gens each across the map you can get 2 people off one gen and the other can still pop, and while you are chasing one from that gen the other can hop back on it, and the other 2 can go and find another gen together, chase them off it same thing can happen.

Watch puppers "now this is gen rush" commodius toolbox socket swivel etc prove thyself, ruin doesn't matter against it, ruin has been fundemental to a lot of killers in "slowing the game down" I mean me myself don't run it because its easily found and broken, but truth is its getting more stressful than fun as killer to have a match where it can all be over in the space of 2-5 minutes. And it also further adds to a problem of the whole "derank" thing of killers always choosing nurse, billy or spirit/legion at high rank, because you NEED to be a high mobility killer to have a hope against optimal survivors.