Killers who Camp are why this game sucks.

Options
13»

Answers

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Camping is for bad killers or good killers knowing the game doesn't reward them for playing fair.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Arroz said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:
    why do u camp and then laugh at ppl when they get toxic towards you. That in itself is being more toxic than the ones messaging you because u instigated all of it. Something needs to be done about camping it’s a no skill cheap tactic for killers who don’t know how to actually win chases or kill anyone 

Plenty of counters to camping, the best one is to ignore the survivor being camped and do gens and escape.

The other 3 people had fun repairing gens and escaping and getting them bloodpoints but what about the guy who die :)? This is the problem.

Losing isn't supposed to be fun. That's why it's different from winning.

• KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112
    Options

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:
    why do u camp and then laugh at ppl when they get toxic towards you. That in itself is being more toxic than the ones messaging you because u instigated all of it. Something needs to be done about camping it’s a no skill cheap tactic for killers who don’t know how to actually win chases or kill anyone 

Plenty of counters to camping, the best one is to ignore the survivor being camped and do gens and escape.

The other 3 people had fun repairing gens and escaping and getting them bloodpoints but what about the guy who die :)? This is the problem.

I disagree. Even when I lose, I have fun. This applies to pretty much every game I play.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@KissyKissy said:

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

I disagree. Even when I lose, I have fun. This applies to pretty much every game I play.

You disagree with what, exactly? I didn't say you can't have fun while losing, but it's not supposed to be fun. If winning and losing produced the same results, what would be the point?

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019
    Options

@NekoGamerX said:

Now it sounds looks like both sides feel entitled to certain things. Survivors want to last longer than 2 minutes in a game and maybe exit through the gates. Killers feel entitled to killing all 4 survivors in every match. People forget that this game is meant to be fun for both sides, not just killers and not just survivors. I think I had a good idea: make the matches last longer. It would be more fun, but you probably don't want to have chase them again. Does everyone want every match to last only 5 or 6 minutes? What fun is that? I'm all for giving survivors other things to do to make matches last longer, but it looks like you just want to get your 4k kills as quickly as possible before moving on to your next match. But I think quick matches like that aren't fun, whether I'm a survivor or killer.

I still think it's a good idea. I'd like to hear feedback on it.

And you can last longer than 2 minutes if you don't suck. Killers are not handed 4ks but they have the chance at it if they don't suck. Working as intended. What you want is a mechanic that makes up for you sucking. No. If you suck then you deal with your suck. We don't artificially make the killer suck to make you feel better.

Also, an entitlement is when someone demands something they did not earn be given to them. That is what you are asking for. Killers are not asking for a mechanic to give them 4ks, just the opportunity.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95
    Options

@Arroz said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

Except it really isn't a problem. Every killer knows that if you down 1 survivor and facecamp him you will lose the match. Above a certain rank that is.... A very bad killer hasn't realized this yet.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

Just do gens and escape. Dont swarm around the hook like a bunch of vultures. I hate adrenaline fueled posts when you just got camped. Its a guarenteed loss for the killer, just do gens!!!

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

@ReneAensland said:

@PiiFree said:
    Camping is not toxic.

It's the Killer securing a kill. A kill is an objective.

It's not the nicest and most interesting playstyle one can do but then again camping in CS or PUBG is also not the nicest and most interesting thing to do, yet people are mature enough to find a way to deal with it instead of crying out loud.

It's only in DbD where people refuse to adapt and instead rather request Mommys help.

It's Toxic.
    Pathetic.
    Cheap.
    Rotten.

Stop defending camping.

what I find Toxic about camping is the killer hitting you when you on the hook over and over again.I mean there a point? you get points for that?

You don't get points but is fun to hear their cries of pain  :)
  • Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I think that newer players play 1 match and then talk ######### about this game for a damn reason....if the killer catch you, he's gonna camp you ALL THE TIME and you can't do nothing but get angry. This is not playing the game, and these type of things happen also on rank 15
    And i'm a killer main
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@NekoGamerX said:

Now it sounds looks like both sides feel entitled to certain things. Survivors want to last longer than 2 minutes in a game and maybe exit through the gates. Killers feel entitled to killing all 4 survivors in every match. People forget that this game is meant to be fun for both sides, not just killers and not just survivors. I think I had a good idea: make the matches last longer. It would be more fun, but you probably don't want to have chase them again. Does everyone want every match to last only 5 or 6 minutes? What fun is that? I'm all for giving survivors other things to do to make matches last longer, but it looks like you just want to get your 4k kills as quickly as possible before moving on to your next match. But I think quick matches like that aren't fun, whether I'm a survivor or killer.

I still think it's a good idea. I'd like to hear feedback on it.

And you can last longer than 2 minutes if you don't suck. Killers are not handed 4ks but they have the chance at it if they don't suck. Working as intended. What you want is a mechanic that makes up for you sucking. No. If you suck then you deal with your suck. We don't artificially make the killer suck to make you feel better.

Also, an entitlement is when someone demands something they did not earn be given to them. That is what you are asking for. Killers are not asking for a mechanic to give them 4ks, just the opportunity.

I'm done with this topic because neither of us going to agree with each other with is fine,but I will say that just because they got caught at the start of the match doesn't mean they suck it most likely means they got some bad luck no matter how good someone is they are going to get caught someday.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Orion said:

@KissyKissy said:

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

You disagree with what, exactly? I didn't say you can't have fun while losing, but it's not supposed to be fun. If winning and losing produced the same results, what would be the point?

I think you're forgetting this game is supposed to be actually named Participation Simulator 2019
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

@ReneAensland said:

@PiiFree said:
    Camping is not toxic.

It's not the nicest and most interesting playstyle one can do but then again camping in CS or PUBG is also not the nicest and most interesting thing to do, yet people are mature enough to find a way to deal with it instead of crying out loud.

It's only in DbD where people refuse to adapt and instead rather request Mommys help.

It's Toxic.
    Pathetic.
    Cheap.
    Rotten.

Stop defending camping.

Same can be said about looping and gen rushing.

I'm not defending camping because there is no reason to defend it. It's just a way of playing the game.

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77
    Options

Not everything that you dislike is broken, toxic, cheep, or any other go-to word in this community. Maybe you just need to

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options
    I think that newer players play 1 match and then talk ######### about this game for a damn reason....if the killer catch you, he's gonna camp you ALL THE TIME and you can't do nothing but get angry. This is not playing the game, and these type of things happen also on rank 15
    And i'm a killer main
    That doesn't mean very much as long as you play sometime after rank reset you'll remain at 15. It's the new 20 unless you don't play for consecutive months and camping only works on bad and overly altruistic survivors.
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

I cant believe its 2019 and still....STILL - we have to inform people that the best way to beat ppl who camp is to do gens and escape...If you are the person being camped then just accept it, its happened, don't try and escape and struggle to buy your team mates as much chance as possible to escape. Also take into account, repeatable attempts to rescue as well as hovering around the hook where the killer see's you will not diffuse the situation and only result in further camping. Stupid goddamn original post...rolls eyes

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@Weederick said:

@Freudentrauma said:

@PiiFree said:
    Camping is not toxic.

I would argue camping in DbD is different. Mostly because how the game objectives work etc. People hate it, because like PiiFree said it's not the interesting playstyle for both sides.

@Orion said:

You failed at every aspect of the chase in order to get on the hook. It's completely fair to lose when you fail. If you didn't lose when you failed, then failure would be indistinguishable from success.

There is not camping thread without your messed up logic of failure. There are situations, where survivors can caught easy. And beeing caught once might be a form of failure, it shouldn't cost your game.

Camping is one of the design issues of this game. It's not gamebreaking, but it hinders a lot of things in DbD. Like also that the game is design with teamplay as an option in mind. It doesn't work and break the game in edge cases especially for killers. But we all have to live with it, because it's part of the game. Hooks work like the do. You can't fundamently change it.

One could simply increase the sacrifice time. Has very little impact on normal players, but gives survivors more gentime against campers.

If camping is that unfun and yet a very effective "strategy", it should be toned down to represent its skill-reward ratio. The easiest strat should NOT lead to very strong results. Same with genrush.

I don't think its an effective strategy. If countered correctly then at most Killer gets 2 kills and 2 ppl survive. So its pretty poor strategy tbh

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@KissyKissy said:

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@micsan said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

So you had fun getting facecamped? I only had fun when I get chased for 5 gens, I dont care about if I die at least the other 3 escaped ;) (The only way to get fun)

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@RoKrueger said:
    NekoGamerX said:

@ReneAensland said:

@PiiFree said:

Camping is not toxic.

It's Toxic. 

Pathetic.

Cheap.

Rotten.

Stop defending camping.

what I find Toxic about camping is the killer hitting you when you on the hook over and over again.I mean there a point? you get points for that?

You don't get points but is fun to hear their cries of pain  :)

I dont see the fun of hit and listen some ugly characters pain, #########? I think your weird?? xD

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options
    Camping happens in any game, any shooter or even fighting games... it just has a different name in each one.

If you truly hate camping just bring Borrowed Time.
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Camping happens in any game, any shooter or even fighting games... it just has a different name in each one.

If you truly hate camping just bring Borrowed Time.

But camping is also actively getting balanced. No one likes the terrorist who is camping his own spawn point. He is just getting kicked. And every mechanic is programmed to disfavor camping to nerf it. Camping is inherently strong, thats why latency favors the aggressive players and disfavors staying close to corners.
    Other genres try to balance it.

• TeambossFloze
    Options

It's a legit strat, a crap one and not fun for anyone..but its a strat and can generally secure a kill but at the cost of 2.5 Gens. Is it worth it? nope...about time ppl got over this ….

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

I don't see this thread going in a good direction.

This discussion has been closed.