We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

How's the new Ghostface music?

MrDardon
MrDardon Member Posts: 3,916

Title.

Also, what's your favourite scary movie?

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Seems better to me

Also leprechaun in the hood obviously

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,169
    edited May 2022

It's not as ear-splitting, but the chase is still really repetitive.

The 'Near' makes for better 'Chase' music imo.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Why did they decided that his music has to be super repetitive?

I prefer the previous one btw lol.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,916

Sounds better yeah.

What is your favourite scary movie?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,668

That sounds way better. Thank you BHVR for changing it!

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950
    edited May 2022

It sounds like generic YouTube music imo (the chase part). If there is one way to describe his chase music using one picture, it’s this one

Post edited by BabyCameron10 on
  • Diablitokawaii
    Diablitokawaii Member Posts: 38

It feel like some kind of jumpscare unless the killer is playing poorly

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

I dont think the "repetitive noises gets hard to listen to, especially under stress" part got through to them yet.

Either chase music could literally just have used some variance, anything at all to make it not the same few seconds of audio repeating with ambience playing in the back. At least this one doesnt hurt to hear.

I get 80's thriller heist from the chase music, bar the GF sfx in the background.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

It's so much more conceptually boring now.

Yes, the noises in the previous were a bit grating, but this has no real personality to it imo

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

New terror radius sounds like Batman music from Christopher Nolan's films ahaha

I like it though, much much better

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,826
    edited May 2022

While the new music is an improvement over the old one, it does feel a bit too actionish with a lack of personality for it to fit ghostface.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • EliteTertle
    EliteTertle Member Posts: 4

I like the old one a little more. they should add a “music intensity” setting in audio so you can change it

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,051

I prefer the old one to be honest.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,820

I like the new "chase" part be the old "near" part was better imo.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

IT IS SO COOL!

Thank you BHVR for this quick awesome change!

• YoshisWorld3
    YoshisWorld3 Member Posts: 51

So don't get me wrong I understand why they changed the approaching part ( 8m ) of his theme... but imo the transition from 16 to 8 to Chase was not really the best choice. The 8m feels like a total different chase music for another killer and doesn't even fit between the music of 16m and chase.

Something is missing to make the 8m part fitting which they need to add or they just should have made a new track instead...

But that's just my opinion

What do you guys think of his "new" theme ( 8m theme ) ?

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I like the new version quite a bit!

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,668

Agreed, this is a massive improvement

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Love it!

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374

Just played one game with Ghostface. The chase music is so much better now. I don't know how to describe it but the previous chase music pulled me out of the experience and felt painful to listen to and this one pulls me in so when I listen it's good but when I'm concentrating on the game I don't really notice it too much.

That's a compliment. I think chase musics should pull you into the experience to the point you don't even realize the music is there.

• DanielB
    DanielB Member Posts: 82

The chase music sounds like a choo choo train lol

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 399

I appreciate bhvr's ability to listen to people and make changes based on demand pretty quickly but I'm probably one of the rare few that liked the previous iteration. Was it loud? Yeah but I think lowering the volume on it would've been fine enough. It's sharp and hard and scares the hell outta you when ghostface appears. This one just feels so much more tame in comparison and the 'far' music is pretty disjointed from the 'near' and 'chase' music too.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,962

I'm ambivalent about it, but ambivalence is miles better than the visceral 'argh' the old version evoked in me.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

It sounds meh. At least the previous one had some uniqueness to it.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,606

Why is a lot of the new music super repetitive? Didn't we have enough repetition when Pinhead's music was WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP?

Legion's new music is also super repetitive. It's cool for the first few games when you're trying out new mixes, but now it's just obnoxiously loud and repetitive.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 966
  • AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

"Ooooooo Im gonna getcha" type of chase theme. It fits.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Although it's a little lacking compared to his previous chase music, I like that's it's easier on the ears and not headache inducing. I like it a lot.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,247

Its much better. I have to say the chase music is still kinda bad but the near and the approaching sounds are pretty damn good.

Thanks for fixing the music behaviour! It really did cause me a headache and im not saying this to sound like a cool kid :)

• eric_alrasid17
    eric_alrasid17 Member Posts: 119

So much better than version 1 and 2.

Looks like a bunch of tribes people playing drum behind him.