Do you agree that the Gideon Meat Packing Plant (The Game) map has too many pallets?

Options
ChuckLit
ChuckLit Member Posts: 59

Do you agree that the Gideon Meat Packing Plant (The Game) map has too many pallets? 117 votes

Yes, way too many pallets.
75%
White_OwlGibberishHorsePowerSeiko300BlueberryVolantConch1719KaanaJplanas98F60_31Rosalindblue4zionCashelP14SkeletalElitepizzaduffyhp90AetherBytesmusstang62MrPenguinAhoyWolfRoboMojoMattie_MayhemOG 88 votes
Nah, they're fine. Just git gud baby killer.
24%
OnryosTapeRentalsgnehehebrokedownpalacerandonlyIsJustMedugmanRattiusInk_EyesN8dogGuiltiiKabanzain00binatiIcaurs[Deleted User]LekitzulherbaljellyfishPuddlesoporopolistcatkillsmousewhosyerwan 29 votes

Comments

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

It has too many safe pallets. It only has that many pallets because it doesn't have that many windows.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286
    Options

I do agree with the overcompensating for the map having few vaults. - Then again, since pallets are one-time use drastically reducing the pallet number would make the map incredibly killer-sided.

It's kinda all-or-nothing. Even with all those pallets; if the match drags on (for whatever reason) the killer tends to come out on top. But if a killer (over?) commits to one survivor who manages to somewhat safely navigate from one pallet to the next then it's more often than not a 4e. That's my average-ish MMR opinion tho. I imagine in very low MMR (and/or among newbs) survivors tend to a) get lost on the map a lot (I know I did 😂) and b) don't know where pallets are / which pallet to get next so it doesn't even matter how many there are. - And in higher-ish MMR (and/or among experienced players) the stun-and-blind-routine is probs so strong that most killers won't stand a chance.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

It's not that it has too many pallets, it's that the vast majority of the pallets are extremely safe and the killer is FORCED to break them.

They could lower the pallet budget as a bandaid solution. But if they trimmed some of the loops to make pallets on the map a lot more risky, that would be a different thing altogether.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

Every 'room' has 1-3 pallets in it. Around 1 in 3 have hooks in them.

Yes. There are too many pallets in too concentrated a space, with too many of them involving loops that are too large and too safe.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Having a lot of pallets is fine if they're pallets that you actually loop and have opporunity to mind game and outplay but so many pallets on that map are basically just "yeah there is no loop here, you simply reach the pallet and throw it and the killer has literally no choice but to kick it, but thats literally all the survivor can do because there is no actual substance to the loop"

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Yes. I get having a lot of pallets because of the lack of windows, but having a pallet at every step is just ridiculous. And most of them are really safe and have to be broken, but even then survivors can just run straight ahead to another pallet.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

I think the issue isn't necessarily with there being too many pallets (although there undoubtedly are). I think the bigger issue is the fact that most of the pallets are super duper safe. It basically turns into pallet breaker simulator and only further emphasizes the problems with current DBD. If they made most of the pallets at least semi-mind gameable, then the map wouldn't be nearly as problematic.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

it could have a few less hyper safe pallets so the gameplay would be more dynamic and 50/50 for both sides in my opinion

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options

yes it has many pallets. You need to remember that it severely lacks in vaults though. Can't window loop between pallet loops when there aren't window loops.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Not only that, but most of those pallets are extremely safe, many even "god"-tier.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,147
    Options

I win usually there as killer and I lose lot of times as survivor so it's fine map. It's extremely good map for nurse

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,250
    Options

The biggest issue is how safe they all are. There’s no mind game on the vast majority of those pallets, you just have to waste time breaking them all.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,995
    Options

I would gladly swap out some pallets for vaults

• JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167
    Options

I meant to vote yes that it did have too many pallets but misclicked and voted no.

As it’s extremely hard to catch a survivor on the Gideon meat packing plant, it’s nearly impossible to catch a good survivor who is in a swf with other good survivors who know what they’re doing.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

No... the map has basically no loops. Pallets are the only thing survivors have in it. It sounds like you just want an open map with nothing in it. That's awful game design.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995
    Options

Reduce a few in the middle and it'd be ok imo

• Noel_Vermillion
    Noel_Vermillion Member Posts: 30
    Options

Map is a snooze fest concussion simulator for killer and a exercise in endurance of how strong your middle finger is as Survivor

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,647
    Options

The Map certainly has alot of pallets, and I dont prefer that playstyle. Its boring for me as killer.

If BHVR keeps the Game as is, but dont make more high pallet maps, then ill be fine.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Way too many God Pallets and not enough Windows, there's like 7 in total

• DattPugg
    DattPugg Member Posts: 30
    Options

There is literally an average of 4 pallets per tile and an average of 2 of these being god pallets.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

I've counted 25 pallets one game as clown one time.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156
    Options

Just bring Spirt Fury & Enduring you all good

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

I've just kind of learned to deal with them, personally, but yes, there could certainly be fewer.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

For killers like Sadako who has no choice but to loop pallets, Gideon is a death sentence.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

If only we could borrow some for Haddonfield

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Options
  • Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

The map only has a single TL wall, they have to make up for no loopable buildings...

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    Options

That is the price for a window-free map ... another badly designed map oOo

• herbaljellyfish
    herbaljellyfish Member Posts: 115
    Options

While I don't want to call people baby killers or tell people to get good, I had to vote no. There are almost no playable pallets other than a few meaning you just have to drop the pallet and run, you can't loop them. Also there are no viable window vaults except for 1 T&L wall. Those one time use pallets are pretty much all you have other than possibly a handful of loops on the entire map. A lot of the loopable pallets require you to get a stun too because the loop is incredibly unsafe and not playable after being dropped.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Needs less safe pallets

Theres at least 5 god pallets in that map

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    Options

It's not only that there's a lot, it's that virtually every one of them is a safe pallet. I want a few removed and the rest of them just moved to less safe spots.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    Options

It's not the amount of pallets that is annoying... it's the fact that the whole map has maybe 1 or two unsafe pallets. The very rest is ridiculously safe and amount of them is staggering.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    Options

It is a braindead map that requires zero skill to loop, like the structures from many other maps; safe pallet after safe pallet, definition of braindead; add dead hard to it and it gets even easier.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

Honestly, you just gotta have a perk against pallets. :/ We know pallets are in every match and a huge hindrance.