Trapper Mori Direction

Options
Valik
Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Trapper Mori is the original and is one of the most dated looking animations.

If they were to change it, what direction would you want them to take it?

Trapper Mori Direction 42 votes

Hand To Hand - show his strength as he breaks the survivors!
14%
HeartboundEnderloganYTMattie_MayhemOGFilthyLegionMainHanzo_Hasashi7qnyun 6 votes
More Machete - Have him display proficiency with his machete as he cuts into the survivors!
9%
White_OwlAetherBytesDoritoHeadGarlicRice 4 votes
Trap - Use a new animation with a clever use of his traps!
73%
F60_31Rlabotathmusstang62MrPenguinShapedSebaOutbreakLordRegalLycidasElcopolloArchAbhorWampiritaUndershotRattiusxtr4meGhouled_MojodarkcloudlinkGuiltiiGazgemauchHaunterofShadowssticktheman 31 votes
It shouldn't change, just get a little update if anything!
2%
steponmeadiris 1 vote

Comments

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Options
    More Machete - Have him display proficiency with his machete as he cuts into the survivors!

I actually think they should just use the netease version if they can

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

The one from the DbD Mobile game should replace the outdated one from PC.

I mean, just look at it:

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options

Sadly, it's not even coming to DbD Mobile. Not in the nearest future at least.

It's some special version of the game from NetEase, which will have new killer animations and many cool skins exclusive to Asian region.

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    Options

Either the NetEase version's mori, or my idea: He grabs them by the back of the head, throwing the face-first into a bear trap, which snaps shut on their head. They wriggle for a bit until he slashes the back of their neck to put them out of their misery.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 829
    Options

i also wouldnt mind all of the above

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
    Options

I think incorporating his power would be cool. At the moment him and wraith have the exact same mori, they just pull them and start hitting them with their weapon, pretty boring compared to all the cool recent ones. I'd also like to see some new ones for wraith, huntress, doctor and clown. Basically all the old killers need an update with moris.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options

I thought about something like that. To make it a bit more delicate, how about, he walks past the lying survivor, who tries to crawl away. While walking, he pins the survivor in place with his weapon, still walking and "slowly" sets up a trap. He then pulls his weapon and the survivor simultaneous from the ground, and then head first, as you mentioned, he throughs the person into the trap.

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    Options

A new mori would be kinda cool, but something over-the-top violent wouldn't fit well with his lore, in my opinion. Dear old Evan is definitely not a morally good person, but I also don't feel like he's the type of guy to smash someone's head into a bear trap.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    edited June 2022
    Options

Ah right. I did not consider the lore at all.

Edit: Would still be happy to see a trap involved, it would be more individual for the killer.

• Valik
    Options

Not sure where this is coming from.

Evan is such a gentle soul that hacking a person to pieces with a machete is on the level - but pushing them into a trap isn't?

• steponmeadiris
    Options

It's brutal either way, but I feel it's much crueler to crush their skull with a trap. Hitting someone multiple times with a machete has one goal — to kill them. Using a trap has a lot more thought behind it, foregoing efficiency and simplicity for theatrics and torture. From how I interpret the lore, Evan doesn't really enjoy causing pain — he's just another unwilling agent of the Entity.

• Valik
    Options

True enough.

Gotta say, hacking someone apart with a machete displays a much greater propensity for avarice and suffering than crushing their head in a trap.

Remember, this is also the man who felt a sense of admiration and pride in his father after confirming that he had killed Evan's mother while he was a boy. He felt that the murderous and violent outbursts of his father were something to aspire to in a way.

• steponmeadiris
    Options

The way I see it, his admiration was less about the violence, and more of a wish to be as strong as his father — strong enough to no longer have to fear him and follow his commands. Evan definitely has anger issues and violent tendencies, but he doesn't have the evil sadism of killers like Ghost Face and Trickster.

• Valik
    Options

True and True.

But it's like saying that sort of murdering people horribly is a lot better than totally being down with murdering people horribly.

Either way, Evan is murdering people horribly - that's his function as a killer. He's probably not going to revel in it like sadistic killers, but regardless of his methods - he is far from a gentle soul in the trials. His perks alone label him as Agitated, Unnerving, and Brutal.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited June 2022
    Options

Unpopular opinion: moris involving traps look stupid.

I like the concept of his mori: he is a simple and efficient killer, he doesn't need fancy stuff. What he needs is to make it seems like he is actually killing someone, not casually cutting grass.