Freddy Feels Decent

Options

So just came back from a two or three month break of DBD after getting burned out, and found my Killer rank had reset to 19 from my 8. I was pretty okay with this since I wanted to run a new Killer anyways and take a break from Spirit, and after a bit I decided to try Freddy because not to many people run him, so at the very least I'd have that on my side.

So far I've done about a dozen games with him, and the worst I did was they had to complete three gens. I'm certain a huge part about my current success is that I'm against brand new players for the most part whereas I'm a semi-experienced player on both sides. I know how to look for jukes, when to put pressure and when to back off.

So far I'm only around level 11 or so with Freddy since I sunk bloodpoints into Spirit to get Haunted Ground unlocked on the bloodweb, but the two perks I'm running are Fire Up combined with Sloppy Butcher, both of which are doing some work. It's also nice to have that built in Deerstalker, so I just slug away without a care. And it's probably Fire Up, but his lunge just feels great.

All in all, he feels like a decent Killer. I'm sure as I regain my higher ranks I'll have more difficulty, but right now I'm having fun with him. He's still a female dog to go against as a Survivor though.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

If you’re a good killer Freddy can be good, however your success could be from going against new players.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@> @KiraElijah said:

Pretty sure it was because you’re a rank 8 going against low ranks

@KiraElijah is right.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

I usually only make 4k's with Freddy when I use late game perks like Remember Me, Blood warden and NOED. Becomes so fun once everybody is put to sleep.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    Options

My Freddy games i always run end game builds. That's where Freddy shines.

His end game builds can be dirty as hell and i love them.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

Freddy is a strong Killer if you put some time and effort into him.

It's mostly because you really can't allow to make mistakes on him. As all game mechanics are stacked against him, he gets punished for it even more than other Killers, which leads most to believe, that he's weak.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

@Acromio said:
    Freddy is by far the worst killer in Dead by Daylight. The only real purpose of his power is to remove the hindrance he has by default (can't interact with survivors), and he gets cucked by the most used perks in the game (Self care, Sprint burst and Adrenaline). He's the only killer that has to give a up to 9.5 seconds head start to his targets, who can, by the way, keep doing whatever they were doing right in his face without him being able to do anything about it. He's even less than your regular M1 killer (like the Doctor or the Trapper). He has a laughable stealth and the most basic-ass offense you can think of, that pretty much only kinda works if the survivors ignore him during the transition. He's so bad that he can't even camp. He has no way to stop/punish hookrushing, bad positioning or stupid plays by survivors in general. And, as we all know, killers win if the survivors play non-optimally or if they make silly mistakes... I don't think you people realize that Freddy is the only killer that can't capitalize on these situations. No matter how you "mindgame" survivors you still have to wait 7 seconds to hit them. If a survivor is anything but braindead, they will run to the nearest pallet/loop, and proceed to stall you for 5 generators.
    Every other killer is far better than Freddy, because they don't take nearly as [BAD WORD] long to take action against survivors.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95
    Options

@Acromio said:

@Acromio said:
    Freddy is by far the worst killer in Dead by Daylight. The only real purpose of his power is to remove the hindrance he has by default (can't interact with survivors), and he gets cucked by the most used perks in the game (Self care, Sprint burst and Adrenaline). He's the only killer that has to give a up to 9.5 seconds head start to his targets, who can, by the way, keep doing whatever they were doing right in his face without him being able to do anything about it. He's even less than your regular M1 killer (like the Doctor or the Trapper). He has a laughable stealth and the most basic-ass offense you can think of, that pretty much only kinda works if the survivors ignore him during the transition. He's so bad that he can't even camp. He has no way to stop/punish hookrushing, bad positioning or stupid plays by survivors in general. And, as we all know, killers win if the survivors play non-optimally or if they make silly mistakes... I don't think you people realize that Freddy is the only killer that can't capitalize on these situations. No matter how you "mindgame" survivors you still have to wait 7 seconds to hit them. If a survivor is anything but braindead, they will run to the nearest pallet/loop, and proceed to stall you for 5 generators.
    Every other killer is far better than Freddy, because they don't take nearly as [BAD WORD] long to take action against survivors.

But, but, endgame Freddy build is awesome....

Remember me
    NOED
    Bitter Murmur
    Somewhat flex perk, but Fire Up works pretty well because of all 5 gens done, go BBQ if you want points.

Even though all you say is true, it can be near impossible for a team to exit through the gates. If you get 6 stacks on it and you make sure everyone is healed as the last gen gets done, run bitter murmur and sleep everyone on the last gen. Exit gates will be insanely slow and you have NOED.

Freddy makes has the best endgame because of his ability, can't really get out of sleep when everyone's healed and no gens to be done. Somewhat wonky to pull off I guess.

It can be very hard to get anything done with Freddy, but his snowball potential is real.

• Acromio
    Options

All survivors have to do to avoid Freddy's endgame is split up and not get seen. Freddy can't cover the whole map.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

The beautiful thing about Freddy is that although his power clearly has disadvantages, he has the best potential for 4K. With any other killer it's just tedious and boring to slug the third and hunt down the fourth, then go back looking for the third again (and no way I'm wasting a perk slot on high ranks on Deerstalker). His ability though makes it so wonderfully easy to find the one who slugged, after you've dealt with the other.
    If you manage to get to that point, that is.

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95
    Options

@Acromio said:
    All survivors have to do to avoid Freddy's endgame is split up and not get seen. Freddy can't cover the whole map.

Split up and not get seen, is like saying don't get hit...

You can't split up and not get found and do gens all at the same time, if you split up then 4 of the 7 gens have a target on them.

Besides, a lot of Freddys use class photo of 94'95 or whatever. He is such a bad killer without addons, but with addons he is extremely hard to deal with.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@Acromio said:

@Acromio said:

Sorry, but git gud.

I suggest you spend some time playing and actually learning him. Sure he has the most disadvantages of any Killer, but learn how to circumvent them and he becomes quite strong and it even improves your skill on all other Killers due to his limitations.

• Acromio
    edited January 2019
    Options

lol. Have fun getting flashlight-blinded at every pallet drop and teabagged at the exit gates.
    You said it yourself. He has everything stacked against him. That's why he's the worst killer in the game. No matter how you "mindgame" survivors, his mechanics will always prevent you from doing as well as you could do with literally every other killer (aside, maybe, from the Legion). Even a speed limiter Leatherkek is like ten times more effective and efficient than Freddy.

• LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Freddy Slaughter Build 
    Nurses Calling
    Sloppy Butcher
    Remember Me 
    Fire Up

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

@Acromio said:

You forgot the part where Freddy has the best stall, and amazing slug potential. A mindgame while in dream state, bonkers add ons too. And since SC isnt as meta? He's juicy.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Freddy power when it comes down to it is underwhelming and boring when you compare it to other killers and rember he supposed to be a dream demon reality warper. Ya i agree freddy can be good and has some cool end game builds with some ninja builds as well. But having literally no looping tech minus pill bottle (a specific addon) and the basics hide red glow etc is not good design.

His hook defense is unacceptably bad and his inability to stop an action while in transition occuring is really bad. Lets not forget adreanline is a meta survivour perk that crushes a lot of his end game builds and throws a spanner into the works. I still enjoy him as a killer but his kit is missing some form of pallet tech. 
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I have a better feeling playing perkless Freddy than any Doctor. Freddy himself is Ruin

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    Options
    Freddy is by far the most underrated killer. He just requires you to keep multiple people asleep at a time to set up his stall. With Class Photo, this becomes pretty easy to set up.
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    Options

Freddy + Remember Me + NOED + Class Photo = profit.

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    Options

@Unnamed_Freak said:
    Freddy + Remember Me + NOED + Class Photo = profit.

Replace NOED with Rancor, then yes