The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is THE 1 announcement you would want most from the anniversary stream?

EvilBarney666
EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

For me, it has to be a complete nerf /gutting of the meta on both sides. That's what I would like to hear. How about you guys?

Comments

• Firebird1
    Firebird1 Member Posts: 8

Make the choices more impactful in-game. I don't know how to explain it.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Dead By Daylight THE MOVIE! 🤩 That would be hype.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Of the things we've heard about previously, I'm looking forward to probably seeing details on the bloodweb revamp they've been working on the last six months. I'm curious what direction they go with it.

They did mention "quality of life" as well, which I'm guessing includes things other than just the bloodweb. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the daily missions getting a bit of a revamp. For instance, it would be nice to had a mission tracker on the HUD during the match, and also to have either separate mission logs for killer and survivor or have the missions be dual-purposes ones that either a killer or a survivor can complete (like the dual missions on the Rift.)

• Trickstom
    Trickstom Member Posts: 114

Basic graphics and gameplay settings in-game:

Shadow Quality, Post-Processing Quality, Effects, etc.

And a FOV slider for killers, god idk why this is not in the game yet.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

They're not gonna "gut" all meta perks, my dude.

For me it is a huge grind reduction.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

This peaked my interest, but how would they go about doing it I wonder?

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Console only crossplay followed closely by dead hard being completely nuked

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Artist Add-On pass

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

That they're no longer supporting continued development of the game past (insert date). There will be a month of rewards/events every day leading up to the day they pull the plug on the servers.

People will hop on in droves and play to have fun.

Other people will hop on to ruin everyone's last moments with the game and remind people why dbd ending is a good thing.

My friends will finally be forced to play something other than this game and we can remember what it is to have fun in a video game together after we get used to playing b4b, ED:TG, or wwz or something other than this game.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Cross progression. Everything you had unlocked on the current DbD gets transferred to the new one.

Which doesn't has a spaghetti code and was made from scratch with the idea to record matches.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    edited May 2022

Brave Girls collab with 4 legendary skins for Yun-Jin representing each member and a skin for Trickster representing E-Chan from their Pool Party MV lol.

But realistically more Silent Hill content and major anti-cheat fixes

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Progression overhaul and solo queue/facecamping changes.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571

Remove SBMM, take away Dead Hard i-frames (and nerf the really strong killers with this change), reduce grind.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,463

Theyve been doing that

Thats probably why Year 5 was the buggiest one to date

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

A new gamemode or something that shakes up the game like egc

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The grind reduction being ready and it actually being good.

• BassGuitarRox
    BassGuitarRox Member Posts: 57

I need Mathieu Cote to lift up a physical Funko Pop in his hands and say, ‘this will be available for preorder right away’.

I’ve never been so hyped, yet so crushed at the same time when he hastily announced them in the 5th anniversary stream - only to then have complete radio silence. If they’re not coming, that’s fine, but you shouldn’t have added something in as an after-thought that was never going to materialise.

Other than that, gameplay wise - I’d like some practical solutions for; preventing camping, proxy camping and tunnelling. Even something as similar as Pyramid Head’s cages would go a long way. I need people to remember the game is supposed to be fun for both sides, not just defaulting to playing scummy because the match isn’t going your way.

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

Legendaries getting prestiged and store cosmetics <3

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Nurse and dead hard nerfed.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Hatch removal.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    edited May 2022

Those built in mori/key mechanics with some info other than soon.jpeg

Also prestige and/or grind reduction info other than soon.jpeg

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

An actually optimized game and not "we're below a threshold for console".

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Gen regression balance, i think it would do alot to help the meta/camping/tunneling.

At the moment the best way to win is tunneling survs out rather than trying to slow down gen repair.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Buff Flashbangs please!

Literally hearing them say that this perk would be getting a buff would make my day.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,560

What they’re actually going to do about Bubba facecamping.

And potentially DH nerfs/rework, although I expect that to happen with the mid-chapter.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

finally some meaningful base game mechanics changes to reduce the frustrating feeling of playing killer/soloq and making survivor gameplay outside of chases more fun instead of all actions just being ‚hold button in one spot for some time‘

also very much this:

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Hatch removal would make 1v1 games go forever, Hence why it was invented. it's better now keys are "fair" but it's removal would just mean the last surv would just go semi afk until you rage quit.

• TheNTT777
    TheNTT777 Member Posts: 24

My dream quality of life update would be tome challenges giving you confirmation of progress during a match. Especially for challenges with super specific requirements that must be done in one match. For instance, it would be great to know if I've successfully hit survivors X times from Y meters away with Trickster's knives.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited May 2022

Just kill last survivor, they've already lost team game and no need to give em chance after all.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

That the game will be shutting down.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

Unrealistically: SBMM is deleted.

Realistically: SoloQ improvements.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    edited May 2022

The best thing is to completely rework the game honestly.

I'd hope they'd make it into an actual horror game.

but if they announced a better chase, loop and the stuff system that's be cool.

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279

Dead By Daylight 2.....

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Remove SBMM is all I'm hoping for

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

I would love if i cared at this point

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
  • MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Top 3:

Killer to survivor efficiency changes. Make survivors objective slower or killer faster, rework/change the way hooks work so tunneling is no longer the most efficient all the time.

Remove boons.

Perk tiers removed or another type of grind reduction.