The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What if I told you the functionality to end face camping already exists?

In Patch 4.0.0 the Cage(s) of Atonement were added to the game via the new Killer (The Executioner).

In Patch 4.0.2 the Cage(s) of Atonement received the following changes:

• Removed the ability for The Executioner to see the aura of the Cage of Atonement and survivors inside them.
  • Added a system that will despawn the Cage of Atonement if The Executioner near it for too long. The Cage of Atonement (and the survivor inside it) will respawn in a new location.

According to wiki sites, the stats for the relocation are as follows:

• Relocation Trigger radius: 5 meters
    • This refers to the radius within which The Executioner must remain of a Cage of Atonement to trigger the Relocation mechanic.
  • Relocation Trigger timer: 3.5 seconds
    • This refers to how long The Executioner must remain within the Relocation Trigger radius for the Cage of Atonement to relocate to another part of the Trial Grounds.
  • Relocation "Hook Stage" Cool-down: 10 seconds
    • This refers to how long the game pauses the Entity Progression on a caged Survivor after their Cage of Atonement relocates.

If this relocation functionality was added or copied over to hooks, face camping would cease to exist.

p.s. I realize it wouldn't be as simple as copy pasting a few lines of code. At the very least, all hook spawns would need to be manually moved to fixed positions instead of auto-magically generated. Then, maybe this functionality could be added to hooks. It's absolutely doable.

p.p.s. This is just one example of the type of changes I would like to see made to the base game experience. I think I've made a post in the past about making Moris as basic feature. TLDR: You'd always be able to mori the last survivor instead of a perk or offering being required. As is, moris are like an easter egg. Why not highlight their existence in almost every single trial? *shrug*

Comments

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Yes. There are plenty of terrible ideas that would end face-camping. A meteor hitting BHVR's servers would also end facecamping.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

If it means DS and BT no longer work that seems fair.

• LazyClown
    LazyClown Member Posts: 171

Killers will always be weak at higher levels, hook camping is pretty much all they have left. Tunnel/proxy doesnt work either since survivors have a priority protection hit system always chosing the survivor that cant be hit(literally meaning you hit the survivor after being saved your knife will go right through them and will automatically hit the other survivor. So at the end of the day killers are only hoping they face crybabies that will speed up their own hook timer.

If any survivors are complaining whatsoever they don't have a right because the devs have always provided for them and always will. Thats also not an opinion thats a fact.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

What if I told you that idea is extremely abusable and is why it's not implemented for hooks in general?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
  • PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

Like others have said, people would abuse this by looping around a hooked survivor. You could maybe make the mechanic have some variables to count for that; maybe if a survivor is nearby it will reset or pause the timer to teleport the hooked survivor?

• List_of_concerns
    List_of_concerns Member Posts: 182

I'd respectfully disagree. Then, I'd ask why you think it's a terrible idea... So, why do you think it's a terrible idea?

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

What if I told you

Face camping could've been removed a long time ago if the devs tried to balance Killers around good players and not the tutorial bots

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

I really like this idea actually. But at this point I'm desperate for anything to counter or punish killers for face camping.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2022

I always tought cages were just an idea to end facecamping reused as power, since cages arent related to him at all (as with almost eveything PH related stuff...)

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,167

I never understood why people would think this would work.

Do you know what Pyramid Heads who wish to camp the cage do? They stand 6 meters away from the cage with their blade in the ground waiting for you to grab the survivor in the cage.

• List_of_concerns
    List_of_concerns Member Posts: 182

"Having this for all hooks would be game breaking for killer, and basically mean you can only ever get one more hook once the exits are powered."

I don't see how this is much different from the way EGC plays out the majority of the time... Typically, during EGC, the killer face camps the most recently hooked survivor. The killer would only have an opportunity for additional hooks if the survivors choose to be altruistic.

"Unless all killers get to insta-hook survivors when downed?"

I don't see why killers should get to instantly hook as a compensation for the removal of face camping.

"The actual counter to face camping is doing gens instead of sacrificing yourself."

While this may be true, it typically doesn't play out this way. Also, newer perks like Deadlock makes face camping even more viable.