What is THE 1 announcement you would want most from the anniversary stream?

Options

Comments

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

a actual training/bot mode.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

You realize you can just not play the game even if it’s not shut down, right?

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Does anyone remember the previous anniversary streams and the stuff they promised in them? Like only half of these things ever get done, that's not a good quota at all. They either delay or scrap projects entirely.

• _AdamFrancis_
    _AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698
    Options

Yeah there is no reason why a game with late Ps3 era graphics shouldn't be able to run atleast 60FPS on PS4. If I'm being completely honest DBD should be able to run 120 fps on par and xb1 considering how games like ff7r can run about 30-60 with no freezes.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582
    Options

I would really love to see a bloodpoint grind adjustment, something so it doesn't literally take ages to just unlock the perks that I want to use on Killers spefically at least.

I think I have almost every single Teachable Killer Perk, so whenever there is a build I want to try out, I know that it is going to take forever to test it out, unless I have miraculously good RNG, which has not yet happened to me once yet.. it's literally ALMOST as if the game itself knows EXACTLY which perks I am trying to unlock and does everything it can to avoid giving them to me..

The biggest issue is that most perks aren't really that great on every killer, so let's say hypothetically there are like 4-5 different perk builds that will be actually viable on a specific Killer, and every other perk that you are forced to unlock is NEVER getting touched, it's just there to eat up bloodpoints..

I'm used to this by now, many years into the game, but honestly think about how horrible of a system this really is? It's painful, tedious, annoying, there's almost nothing that I like about it.

I can literally think of so many ways to make it better and more streamlined, I'm not sure how difficult my ideas would be to implement, and there are probably even better ones than my own, but I know for a fact that almost anything would be better than the system we have in place now as far as unlocking perks, especially if you have a lot of Teachables unlocked.

It's almost as if the game is punishing you for having more teachables, when it should be a good thing instead!

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 397
    Options

Something to stop the grind ideally

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Face camping to be reduced somehow or dampened so it isn't so awful.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

Practice mode

I'd play some killers more if I could practice them outside of a proper match. I don't mind playing a killer just to practice in a normal match usually but it'd be nice to have regardless

• Microchipd
    Microchipd Member Posts: 108
    Options

I would like to try console only crossplay and different sensitivity option for the camera when in aim mode (flashlights huntress trickster) etc

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

Grind Reduction and Improved new player experience

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options
  • Mdawgu
    Options

I want the devs to Can development and reveal the games entire lifespan has just been a big elaborate operation to troll us to death by making consistently shite decisions. KEKW

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options

5 build loadout slots for killers.

Why not survivors you ask, simple, Survivors can simply switch characters in the lobby, but killers are locked in with the killer and build they chose. Giving them 5 savable loadout slots seems like a small compromise in comparison, but it at least lets them adapt on the fly for whatever the survivors are bringing into the match + it lets them screw around a little, and experiment with builds,... even the more meme ones.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 333
    Options

Personally, I want a new game mode. I don't care what, just something new. Even if it was a weekend only thing or the like. Either that or a vs Bots mode. Preferably with the bots either using your currently set cosmetics and builds or each character's bot has a set build they are specifically programed to use. I dunno how possible any f that is, but I can dream...

Other than that, I'd be happy with simply getting an outdoor Silent Hill Map, preferably set in Silent Hill 1's nightmare world.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

Just wanted to say hi! Nice to see you posting since I haven’t seen you around here in a while.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,338
    Options

Survivors hiding and being immersed needs to be nerfed. It’s often a waste of time for a killer to go too far away from a hooked survivor, because the other survivors might be hiding.

People might say that “it’s boring” to camp survivors, but it’s even more boring to patrol the entire map, and not find anyone because they’re hiding.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Well yes of course. But sometimes you just gotta give up on games.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,773
    edited May 2022
    Options

"We have big news regarding our first ever licensed chapter that helped put our game on the map. We plan to update Myers power as well as give him a visual update. We are also going to have a Halloween based tome and new cosmetics for both Myers and Laurie"

That's all I want.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

Why would they give up on a game that many people still enjoy playing just because some people can’t just stop when they don’t have a great time?

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377
    Options

The grind needs to be 1/10 of what it is PLUS the hook mechanic with its camping and tunnelling needs to disappear

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Bring back old ebony moris, or make mori basekit in the egc it'll never happen but I can dream though.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Not about whether I enjoy it or not personally. I just don't think the game is worth continuing without basically working from the ground up to make it better.

I might even say the same about call of duty or Assassin's Creed.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

I'd really appreciate better console optimization, but we all know this isn't going to happen. Something to reduce the grind would be nice. The grind is so atrocious, it's what makes dbd a horror game. Also maybe an update on the dead hard issue they said they were looking into.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Remove MMR

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    edited May 2022
    Options

More interactable maps. Where maps presents survivors and killers with situations that encourage more strategic gameplay rather than some of the cheesy gameplay styles that exist.

I feel like people have a tall order, but this is where I actually agree because the game needs to evolve so that players feel like there is something fresh.

• BadZilla
    BadZilla Member Posts: 467
    Options

Dead Hard nerf

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

The Road to 60FPS on older consoles/hardware is back on and releasing with the new chapter lmao :’)

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429
    Options

Perk grind reduction and shared perk inventory between all survivors.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

It's probably just not possible for 60FPS on last gen.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

New moris, deadhard rework

New maps

New killer models

Or better yet.

We're rich now, we are shutting the game down and you can all get lives

I kid I kid

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options
  • pseudechis
    Options

The really old ones were dead if downed but I’ll settle for 1st hook

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options
  • Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526
    edited May 2022
    Options

"We deleted DBD"

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

We here @ BHVR are transitioning DBD to UNREAL ENGINE 5 with RAY TRACING!!

• pseudechis
    Options

That’s ok, I respect your dissenting opinion. It’s not unfounded as mechanically it was hugely unbalanced and needed to be changed.

but boy was it fun while it lasted.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

Getting it to run stably at 30fps would be a start lol :’)

If the game was running on equivalent hardware in a PC it would just by adjusting settings.

It went out the window when instead of optimising performance they added in all the fancy lighting and effects instead.

I’d be happy if they gave us the option to strip all that stuff away and get the game running as smooth as possible.

Battlefield Hardline was 60fps around PS4 launch and had massive maps with loads of verticality, vehicles and 15v15 players. Battlefield V is 60fps on a Pro.

The hardware is not the problem, the devs just left the format to die :/

Hell even new PS5 games like Elden Ring and Horizon Forbidden West are much bigger in scale, mechanics during gameplay, look much better and still run great at 30fps on a base PS4.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

I agree with 30FPS. That shouldn't be an issue. I think 60 is quite a bit on a standard PS4. PS4 Pro can run a bunch of games at 60 so it could on that probably but I doubt it can on a PS4 base.

• tofurkey_jerky
    tofurkey_jerky Member Posts: 36
    Options

I would like to see more + bolder PTB experiments. There is no reason why they can't put out a beta branch where they just experiment with a few ideas for a week. They could do a whole week where they just experiment with different ways to balance Dead Hard, or spend a week fiddling with percentages on over/under performing perks/addons, or let people vote for percentage changes on a perk/addon and trying the most popular suggestions out for a day each on a PTB.

If there is a problem that prevents more experimental PTBs I would like an announcement that they're fixing that problem and will settle for an announcement about more PTBs once the problem is solved.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

A nerf (or complete rework) to dead hard. Either that or a major change to all the awful reworked maps.

• BassGuitarRox
    BassGuitarRox Member Posts: 57
    Options

Yes. Exactly what I was implying 🙄

I’m not saying matchmaking is perfect by any means, but I can accept when I’ve had a rough match and obviously been out skilled / out ranked by the survivors I’ve been paired with. What I’m saying is, far too many low skilled killers have disproportionate egos and can’t fathom not securing at least a kill or 2. They expect the a good outcome every match they play. I’d rather not play killer at all than play scummy 🤷🏼‍♂️

Far too many people make themselves feel better convincing themselves with the whole ‘it’s a play style / tactic’ defence. I’ve been playing the game for 5 years, and I’ve never known it to be so bad. Sure, you can use BT and Decisive Strike and Dead Hard - but face it, if the killer wants you out with extreme prejudice, there’s not a lot you can do. If killers quit and the queue time goes up, fine whatever, I’d rather have quality over quantity.

I’d like to see if removing the grade system all together would have a meaningful impact on the level of sweat.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

One of the following: optimization problems solved, stronger defence against cheaters, grind reduced

• Mdawgu
    Options

Uh no, camping and tunnelling are tactics even the devs have said so. Does it suck? Sure. Is it fun? Not really. That is a balance issue. Have you stopped to think it might have gotten so bad BECAUSE of the survivor meta deciding who a killer is allowed to go for? M1 killers cant get the 12 hooks they need to win against competent survivors, there is not enough time in a match so camping somebody out is the best bet. You saying you would rather quality killers over quantity may be the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Because that means you play nurses for the rest of your life lol because you DAMN well aren't going to be left with the 'niceguy' killers once every other killer hangs up their boots.

Seriously man you are saying killers shouldn't be allowed to try to win in a way you deem unfun. For real? Deal with it.