The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you find the game fun nowadays?

Every time I play a match it just feels identical in terms of the survivors I am playing against. Like no matter what build I try or what killer games feel generally the same flow. 1st down after 2 gens pop start to get more injures and eventually leads to EGC with either 1 or 2 escaping. Endgame builds odn't feel fun cause it playing with no perks for most of the game then they just instantly leave as soon as you get 1 down with NOED. Backpack builds tend to work once or twice but after that nobody tries to save or go near any downed survivor and I have no choice but to hook. I tried a Nemesis PWYF build but I barely get stunned cause people just drop instantly.

Any tips on how to find this game fun again?

Comments

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

it is as each game…

Take a break. Play something else. Come back after an update or two.

Perhaps you will enjoy or most likely it will be tunneling, dh dh dh, ds, spinning in a circle. Pallet breaker simulator, strobing and tbaging. And you will happily close the game for next few months :)

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Spooky Myers? Imo a spooky Myers build is the most fun you can have in the game rn.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

I just find it fun in general. I do enjoy some Meme Builds like the aforementioned Spooky Myers.

But on survivor I have a lot of fun with my friends. We do survivor meme builds as well, and try out all kinds of various perk combinations, and even when they don't work we usually end up laughing about it.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

literally ok.

Dead Hard and hold forward.

Decisive STrike and HOLD forward.

Borrowed Time and HOLED you guessed it.

Iron Will and HOLD forward.

WIndowS of Oppurtunity and HOLD FORWARD.

It's lotta FUNN

11!!

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I make my own fun as much as possible. I have access to all the perks so I experiment with them. I also play with s friend and we always have the best time the 2 of us. It's possible to have fun in this game still you just have to make it

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762

Tunnel, Camp, Sandbag.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Wanted to play Jump scare Myers. Used scrached mirror and my last indoor map offering aaaaand the survivors also used a map offering and send me into a corn field.

So. Much. Fun. (for them)

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Yeah sucks when that happens. I'd also like to play jumpscare Myers, but I never get any good map offerings for it no matter how much bp I dump into him.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

First time I ever tried scratched the survivors burned a haddonfield offering and they won the coin flip

At least it was thematic I guess 😞

• Tsulan

They should definetly solve the map offering issue in a different way.

• Tsulan

Haddonfield has a least some indoor parts. But the cornfield was just...

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Problem is I did that. I sorta stopped playing for this exact reason around artist midchapter I come back and the game is still as unfun :/

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

I'd say autohave or eyrie is probably worse at least you can kinda sorta hide in the corn

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

I just do. The game is fun.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

You don't. You either gather the strength to break your Stockholm syndrome or you keep on going thinking that surely the next game won't be a horribly balanced trainwreck.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Killer fun died for me when old mmr was deleted. I tried to get back into it but then the dedicated hits came and I just gave up.

As survivor, I just don't go in with expectations. If it's a lose situation I just stick with it and if a it's a bm situation I just remove the headset and move on to the next. The fun in DBD is subjective, I have the most fun by getting saves in dire situations so the alot of the things you describe are actually a part of my fun.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509

Idk, I try to come for high rank,

when I get quests for Huntress I get Iredescent head but never hook/only twice

I haven't played all the perks like Renewal, I recently started using that

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

Killer is not fun anymore in my opinion. I still play survivor but I think DBD is on it's end tbh. SBMM / MMR is going to get this game killed.😭

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,144

I tend to played vault Myers build and just see how fast I can be.

• Solomonkane
    Solomonkane Member Posts: 112

Alcohol helps

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Killer: Play in short bursts (2/3 games)

Survivor: Mess around in swf on drinking nights or solo q the day after

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 308

Ever heard of Space Billy?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I play for archive challenges, putting on weird perk combos and trying to get results out of them, and other vague objectives. I still try to win, but it's not my highest priority. If I get a bad match I just roll my eyes, say GG and move on. A few bad matches and I switch to whichever side I'm not currently playing. If the matches are bad on both sides I'm done for the day. If I start getting tilted over stuff that doesn't usually bother me then it's time for a break which might be a few days, a week, or until the next chapter or midchapter.

So far this approach keeps me relatively sane and actually enjoying most of the time I spend on the game.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Take a longer break I’m afraid.

I play maybe one match every other day or so. The novelty has really worn off but it’s still fun once in a while.

If you get one or two fun games call it a day and finish on a high note it’ll make you want to come back. I only hate dbd when I have a couple of crappy games but don’t learn my lesson and just call it in an attempt to get one good one.

just like a bad chase you gotta know when to walk away. DBD is good in small doses.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

Thats why I took a break again.

Cote advertises civilization. I would suggest crusader kings 3. chefs kiss

• Decagn
    Decagn Member Posts: 18

When I player killer, I don't have fun and I blame SBMM for that. SBMM encourages unfun gameplay like camping and tunneling, and survivors just doing generators and leaving instead of anything else. When I play survivor I don't have fun most of the time, as most killer's tunnel/camp now, not all but most.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

no tips, just move on to another game like i did... the last (and final) straw was putting dead hard in the shrine and doing challenges about it... i had that cursed perk already spammed in my matches 8/10, but those actions that devs did worsened this situation on critical levels... imo other companies deserve my money much more than bhvr

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

If you aren't having fun playing killer, switch to survivor a little bit so that you can get a change in scenery. It's less stressful than killer and you can maybe learn some things about how to play killer better so that you can end chases quicker and get more hooks.

Another way that I spice up my games so everything isn't the same is doing fun meme builds from time to time. I also sometimes focus on improving my abilities as killer instead of playing to win. If you play to just win every game, then the game will get boring and stale quickly, but if you play to get better at the killer, sometimes learning to master something adds a little more to just a win condition.

Do old archive challenges. Something that has kept me busy is doing the old tomes and finishing all the challenges so I can get that perfect glow of 100% completion. You can also go for achievements depending on the platform you're using.

Ultimately, if you aren't having fun with the game, maybe it's time to move on or take an extended break and come back during events. You can also try to play with other people from the Discord or meet new people who enjoy the game.

• CORENdot
    CORENdot Member Posts: 28

I'm enjoying killer more since i started to record my matches.

This helped me to notice that there is more room for different decision making than i was aware of, the game is very good at getting on my nerves and it makes me unaware most of the time.

It also becomes a natural "pause and relax" strategy to rewatch matches, sanity check.

You mention that the first down, 2 gens are already repaired.

Are you reaching the most repaired gen/survivor at the start in time? Or are you chasing the one who is just running across the map not repairing?

That is one of the first decision that i started to question myself, what i learned is that protecting specific gens matter more than "winning" first chase as soon as possible.